Potency mods

I've been gearing up Poe some lately, and I was going to stick 4 potency mods on him for a better chance at expose. But, I can't beat level 4 of the potency set. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Options
    Farm the heath mods in the mod challenge and hope for a primary stat on potency. Fully upgraded 3-4 star mod can have +20% potency.

Look at you other mods you already have and you may already have some good potency mods stats in other types.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    @kickn4fun what does your empire squad look like?
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Move mods over to you empire group. 5 Ok empire charaters fully modded should be able to beat T1 of the challenges

Else farm MK1/2 potency mods, though I don't think you will need that much in arena

Can add 24% potency from MK5 Health mod

Can add 46% with Mk1/MK2 potency mods

Can add 44% with Mk5 potency primary and 4 other Mk1/MK2 potency mods
  • Options
    @Nebulous, I just have Vader, Magmatrooper, and RG. I need to start farming Tarkin, I know.

I'm just starting to figure out how the stats on the mods work, so I might have to go back and farm a lot to get what I need... I just went for the group bonuses on all my sets.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    kickn4fun wrote: »
    @Nebulous, I just have Vader, Magmatrooper, and RG. I need to start farming Tarkin, I know.

I'm just starting to figure out how the stats on the mods work, so I might have to go back and farm a lot to get what I need... I just went for the group bonuses on all my sets.

The set bonues are just that a bonus. Primary stats, and secondary can give great boosts.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »

The set bonues are just that a bonus. Primary stats, and secondary can give great boosts.

It's a bit better than a "bonus." Potency bonus can stack 3 times. That's up to 30% increase. Secondary potency is unlikely to get you that high. Potency primary is really super solid and can come from any set, I agree there. But the plus shaped mod comes in a variety of primary.

Now the bonus doesn't care if it's 1* or 5*. So you could always use 3* mods if you really want potency. Otherwise, you'll need a solid empire team to beat the t3 potency challenge.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Nebulous wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »

It's a bit better than a "bonus." Potency bonus can stack 3 times. That's up to 30% increase. Secondary potency is unlikely to get you that high. Potency primary is really super solid and can come from any set, I agree there. But the plus shaped mod comes in a variety of primary.

Now the bonus doesn't care if it's 1* or 5*. So you could always use 3* mods if you really want potency. Otherwise, you'll need a solid empire team to beat the t3 potency challenge.

I don't disagree.
    However it is not the only way to mod a character stat, which it sounded like Op thought. Yes getting the bonus will get you more but you don't have to have potency mods to add potency. Going off of info Op stated did not have a good Empire team. So
    Can eaily add 24% potency with 1 mk5 health mod.
    Or 46% with 6 mk2 potency mods.

In my opinion for arena that 22% gain is not worth the lower level mods.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    I read the op as having defeated t3 of the challenge but not t4. So he has access to 3*. Maybe I misunderstood.

It's not easy to get the exact primary a player wants. It is easy, however, to collect 1 of each shape and stack the 3 bonuses. A minimal investment would still provide potency in the interim.

The 5* primary potency in health should be a priority find.

• Options
    I read the op as having defeated t3 of the challenge but not t4. So he has access to 3*. Maybe I misunderstood.

It's not easy to get the exact primary a player wants. It is easy, however, to collect 1 of each shape and stack the 3 bonuses. A minimal investment would still provide potency in the interim.

The potency battles are level 7. I've defeated the first 3 with little trouble, but I can't get more than halfway through the 4th battle before Lando wrecks my team, mostly by himself.

It will be several weeks before I'm able to field a decent empire team.
  • ChefHaze
    628 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I just 3 starred the top tier potency challenge using:
    6 star Vader(l) lvl 80 gear9 speed and health mods
    7 star rg gear lvl 80 10 health mods
    5 star grand moff lvl 65 gear 8 health mods
    5 star magma trooper lvl 65gear 8 health mods
    5 star snow trooper lvl 65 gear 8 health mods
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

The potency battles are level 7. I've defeated the first 3 with little trouble, but I can't get more than halfway through the 4th battle before Lando wrecks my team, mostly by himself.

It will be several weeks before I'm able to field a decent empire team.

My mistake.

Farm them MK3 Potency mods. unless you are close to getting the MK5 T3 battle done.

The MK3's are not bad
    Leveling costs
    MK3 costs 152K credits
    MK5 costs 474K credits

Primary Stat Comparison
    +21/+30 Speed
    +3.88%/+5.88 Offense/Health
    +7.75%/+11.75% Defense
    +21.5%/+24% Potency/Tenacity/Crit Avoidance
    +27%/+36% Crit Damage
    +15.5%/+23.4% Protection
    +9%/+12% Crit Chance/Accuracy

Notice MK5 only gains ~4% over MK3

Big difference is gonna be in the secondary stats.