Crit Chance vs Crit Damage vs Offense Mods

Wanted to get people's opinion on what would be best it works the best: Crit damage, Crit chance, or offense mods. I know certain ones would likely work better on certain characters. Maybe some examples of which ones you would put in a certain character.

Replies

• Sophos
    97 posts Member
    Options
    Critical damage with Speed as your primary stat focus is killer imo. Critical chance helps but not as much as critical damage.

I run Dooku with a lot of crit chance and when he is called in for an assist I get some great damage since his damage is increased by 15% when called for assist. Sometimes 15k damage if both attacks hit. While in comparison to Rey of course this is nothing, but for Dooku its great. He shines against Jedi.

Use Leia with her critical chance up and put critical damage mods on your high dps toons and you'll cause some serious damage. :o
  • Options
    I guess it depends on the characters, some characters benefit a lot from crit change. Others already have a lot, so give crit damage. Offence it good for all I guess.
  • ChefHaze
    628 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I loaded up gs with all crit chance. That with his omega unique give him 50% tm with each crit. Makes him into an assault rifle. Also gives him offense up more often so I don't worry about crit damage or offense too much.

Rey I use offense mods so every one of her hits is stronger. Also builds up on her offense up when clear of debuffs unique.
  • Options
    Crit chance for two mods, crit damage for four mods...

That's the best offensive set-up. Crit damage mod set is even better than speed mod set...
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I see where your coming from w/ ccu on dooku... however wanted to point out I put my best mods on leia...(converted me from pure Droid user) cdu, with cdu and speed as primarys, and as much offense (over 2500) on other primarys and secondary sources as possible to me atm. (Still upgrayedding) health on other 2 mods fyi.

Now my leia has 326% crit dmg while stealthed with a possibility of offense up too...she has pulled 18k hits with that combo and avgs 12k on crits buffed up...8k unbuffed...she is far more powerful than Rey (even though I don't have rey) because she can kill anything...sure some rng required but she shines...she shines brightly, is always stealthed, and can always be counted to be among last standing if it comes to that.

I also moded Hk, 100 and fives with pure health mods mostly protection...each breaking 60k total hp/protection...heck 100 has 50k protection alone...he is by far my most powerful toon...100...the one everyone dismissed as worthless...I tossed a couple tenacity mods on HK to boost his aoe...it's at 47% potency now (the irony...47% potency on hk-47)

I put as much offense as I could muster on my 88 bringing his offense to over 3000...his basicsbreak 10k w/o debuffs, 30k with full bonus and seen 15k aoe hits when enemy fully debuffed. I tried pure health mods to make him live past a hit or two...to no avail...so changed him to what he does best...pure atk...still Uber weak on hp.

Bottom line is the mods are different for each toon...you gotta experiment and find what compliments your squad best.

Hope these ideas help you and others...I was lucky to have gotten quite a few mods via precraft...