Mods still worth farming?

vincentlondon
4527 posts Member
edited August 2016
I have been wasting tons of energy in hope of getting better mods for my squad but nothing better is coming and i have been spending cantina energy for 2 weeks just for mods and did not get any better stuff

I still have to finish 7* lando and GS. So should i just give up with mod farming and just go back to shard farming in cantina?

Replies

• Options
    Go back to cantina
  • Options
    I got my arena team decked out, and that was it.....there are not enough credits in game to worry about the credit dump known as mods.
  • Options
    Depends on what your goals are.
  • Options
    Used to be able to get some good mods through Health and defense challenge. Seems lately for me triangles and arrows aren't producing the good ones anymore since update. Speed critical chance/damage etc. Probably "ea" flexing there might again. "Farm all of our worthless characters."
  • Options
    I got just one 5* speed and potency mods. They were the best but since update it seems impossible to get some more like this
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Once I had my arena team done, I went back to Lando and I put in a little extra but probably like 70% toward lando, 30% mods. On cantina days maybe go up to 50/50...but at this point I want to finish lando more then anything else.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    I'm working on getting toons for mods since i only have 5* health mods but like everyone else said... mods are only good for your main arena squad and other squads for GW if you are having difficulty
  • Options
    I am over it. I have spent 70 attempts the last 3 days and I have 3x 5 dot E mods 2x 4 dot E and 3x 3 dot E.

I have never gotten above E. It is a nightmare. Glad I got about 50 before the nerf.
  • Azgadil
    226 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think it's worth. But when I evaluate alternatives I don't think I see a better option for cantina energy.

Extra toons are worthless (except to farm more mods). So if we argue mods are not worth it then I come to the conclusion chasing more toons to get more mods is useless. ...it's an Exercise in futility.

So I am slowly grinding away. And since I don't see any value any longer I haven't bought any crystals in weeks and I even stopped the crystal subscription. To shell out $40 for a decent mod (3,500 Crystal cost for a mod - LoL) is just absurd. It's laughable actually.

• Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    I went from 100% mods to 2/3 toons and 1/3 mods (but also increased my cantina refresh to 200)
  • Options
    Cantina farming again as mods are not dropping for me either.
    Ally Code: 753-789-771
  • Options
    I haven't gotten a Dan triangle in days. I use all my overnight cantina and my one refresh and haven't got the crap. Back to lando me thinks!
  • Options
    It's almost like if you missed the first day with 100% chance drops your screwed.
    Hey dev's could you POSSIBLY look into making 100% chance drop rates a certain day of the week or something?? An event? A special again so those that did miss it can catch up?? Because yeah, this drop rate is ridiculous. What about 100% again and just adjust drop rates a little differently??? There are five levels of mods each having 4 different tiers? How hard is it to make an blue 1* drop more often then a 5* white etc?
  • Options
    T3 Mod Challenge gives better credits than Cantina board 7. Only 7.66% better, but when your main bottleneck is a lack of credits, you don't sneeze at even that small an increase.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    I only farm them for data right now. When my month is up, I go strictly characters.

Here's a hint : mod drop rates are atrocious.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    heres the best part, the studio doesnt give a **** about us complaining about mod drop rates.
  • Options
    Yeah I've had terrible luck. It does seem like a waste thus far
  • Options
    Drop rate is deplorable. Absolute garbage. Nice cash grab.
    Use the force Luke.... and get rid of that stupid musket.
  • Options
    If you are on my leaderboard, mods are junk...don't use them. If you are not, yes farm and use them hehehe.
  • Options
    No you're better off saving crystals to buy them in the mod store because farming gives you garbage or nothing at all
  • Options
    It's disgusting.
    Generally mods are fun but I get mostly crappy E mods at horrible drop rates. If it's a cool ability, it is always one star lower, e.g. 4* instead of 5*
    And I believe that it isn't coincidence that fancy purple or golden 5* are now available, which one will never get from challenges ...
    Why the hell should I go for unlocked challenges, when the stuff is worse than what I already have?!
    I give up on mods and keep on farming. It's a better investment
  • Options
    Yep go back to cantina farming. I quit with the mods last week. As others have said the drop rate is so low it's a joke. And the ones you do get are worthless. Same health circles again and again.
  • Options
    Ever since the 5* mods showed up in mod shipments the drop rate on good speed and critical mods decreased dramatically. Yeah, I've seen members farm speed and critical mods from health or defense challenge but it is way lower. It's basically ea taking advantage of what people wanted most and making them pay for them out the Ying yang.

Love doing 200 credits worth of farming and getting + 0.63 offense mods. Just really makes my day, love this game;)
  • Options
    some days I can't tell if I am doing Mods or shard farming. because the rewards are the same. all I am getting are some cantina credits, some training droids and some credits!