Finish savage or start ig88?

I started arena shipments with savage before I joined everyone else farming Sid and got him to 5 stars. My question is whether it's worth getting savage to 7 stars before starting on someone else (currently thinking ig88).

Replies

• Options
    I think you should finish what you started
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    I think you should read about the theory of sunken costs, and then decide which one you want to have, regardless of who you have been farming so far. If Oppress was a bad idea, keep making a mistake doesn't solve it
  • Nicks075
    210 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Ive been using savage at 7 stars for weeks now, i never considered him a mistake. He's fast, hits hard and hit often, and takes alot to put him fown.
    Look, good against pvp is one thing, good against the living, that’s something else.
  • Options
    I understand the theory about sunk costs, so let me rephrase my question.

Is having a 7* v 5* savage worth a two week delay in getting ig 88?
  • Options
    Simply put...probably not. 88 hits like a truck. But he's squishy. He is supposed to have high dodge, though I've never once seen him do it. If they fix that you'll be glad to farmed him.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    sc7606 wrote: »
    I understand the theory about sunk costs, so let me rephrase my question.

Is having a 7* v 5* savage worth a two week delay in getting ig 88?
    What I mean is that you should consider strictly which one is better and go for him.

In my opinion, no, it's not worth it because I think 88 is better than Savage. I have 88 in my team, and I think he's valid, and a lot of F2P teams use him. I don't see Savage that often and whe I see him I"m not impressed, although I haven't seen a fully fledged 70 7* IX
    Do you play Savage often? How does he perform?
  • Options
    I have savage on my arena team, 5* gear 7, skills at 5/6. He's a sold performer - tanky, hits reasonably hard, he's usually one of the last standing (or he takes a huge beating meaning that my other toons haven't), but he can't change a battle the way a lumi crit, pogggle buff or Poe taunt can.

He also sees a fair bit of gw time once maul dies. He's good with lumi as leader due to his high hp pool.

I'm on a fairly tough server and I'm solidly 20-50 these days (been close to under 20 once or twice but didn't quite make it).

He's probably the character I'll replace with Poe once I get Poe to 5*, which should be in about a week.
  • Options
    It's almost always better to finish a character you're working on before starting the next one. That said, if you're sure you're done with Savage and won't want to pick him up again, you might be ready to start the next slog early :)
    You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
  • Options
    Just finish what you started a 7* toon is essential for arena.
    Qui-Gon progress in cantina currently 4* gear lvl 7.
  • Utiniii
    14 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Just to let you know Savage will be buffed in the next cap raise since his basic attack will be raised by 30% and with Sid as a lead i see him as a monster. Opress is based around crit so he should be in a "crit environment" to be flawless
  • Options
    Just finish what you started a 7* toon is essential for arena.
    Debatable I've been playing for 1.5 months and I have a 4 star on my #1 rank arena team. I stopped Lumi at 6* to rank phasma to 6* Sid is my only 7*
  • Options
    You have to think now on whether you picture either being in your future teams. It's not too late to change a decision.
  • l3end3r
    895 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I started arena shipments with savage before I joined everyone else farming Sid and got him to 5 stars. My question is whether it's worth getting savage to 7 stars before starting on someone else (currently thinking ig88).

Depends on the rest of your team. If you only have a couple 7* characters, I'd finish savage. He hits hard and is good with Sidious. If you're using other 5* characters that you'll use over Savage, then switch to IG 88.

I was in a similar position but have 4 star Poggle for my 5th slot, which I prefer over Savage, so I dropped him and started farming 88.

Finally, Savage looks like he'll be much better when they move the level cap to 80. It's hard to know who will ultimately be the best toons / teams today. He gets some really nice bonuses at 80 if you want to check them out :)
  • Options
    It really depends on how you want to advance your team(s) as they both perform different roles. Personally I'm going for 88 for my droid/aoe team. At 99/100 now. Really hoping for an 88 shard at the end of GW tomorrow so I don't end up with 4 extras. After this I'm going for HK, then probably hoarding until a new character release.
  • Options
    I recommend using your six star opress to bridge your path to your more powerful strategy to come.
  • Options
    Just do what you do. If you like him, then max him out. If you don't have a team that can support 88, he is no good.
  • Raven
    113 posts Member
    Options
    Utiniii wrote: »
    Just to let you know Savage will be buffed in the next cap raise since his basic attack will be raised by 30% and with Sid as a lead i see him as a monster. Opress is based around crit so he should be in a "crit environment" to be flawless

whoa critical tips there, how can one knows the future update/patch info ?! :smiley:
  • Options
    Raven wrote: »
    Utiniii wrote: »

whoa critical tips there, how can one knows the future update/patch info ?! :smiley:

The next level cap increase probably won't be for at least 3 months. Probably longer.
  • Raven
    113 posts Member
    Options

The next level cap increase probably won't be for at least 3 months. Probably longer.

I bet so, people will need to grind the levels and gear, F2P will need some time to catch up, the playing field will be somewhat fair, then they will change it again to make the game interesting once again.
  • Options

I think if you have a couple of other droids or complementary toons for IG-88 should factor into your decision. If you put him out there all by himself, he gets killed early. He needs HK-47 and works great with GEO, Poe, IG-86 and FOTP.

Known as íN Quartus Ω in the game
    Member of Team Instinct
  • Options
    I read a lot of people throwing FOTP out there. Honestly on the team Mufasa mentioned I would rather have Dooku than FOTP. Stun+counter+ more sturdy/ less squishy
  • Options
    Yea savage does get 30% more damage on his basic attack but only after the cap is raised to 80.... Which is a long time away
    I would finish getting him to 7* and then get ig88
    Savage will hold good stead in your pvp for some time
    Ig88 is so fragile that you won't be able to put him in until he is 100% maxed out at top gear and 7*
  • Options
    http://swgohdb.com/heroes
    Here you can find information on some players up to level 90