- Luminara 4.5 star
- Consular 5.5 star
- Anakin 4 star
- Mace Windu 4.5
- Qui Gon 4 star
- Ima Gun Di 4 star
- Old Ben 4 star
- Guardian 4.5 star
- Eeth Koth 3 star (I'm assuming he's not in the conversation)

I realize there's no half stars but 30 odd shards are worth something to me all else being equal so I used it as short hand. Trying to focus on the five I actually need so I have a chance to max them out in time to get Yoda.

Replies

• Options
    I forgot Kit Fisto- 4 stars
  • Options
    Anakin, Ben, Qui-Gon, Ima, and Luminara are probably the best 5 out of that group. But in all honesty, the Yoda challenges aren't too tough and you shouldn't have much of a problem once you're able to do it.
  • Options
    Get up:

Anakin (Lead)
    Luminara
    Qui-Gon
    Ima-Gun-Di
    Mace Windu

That is your best chance.
  • Options
    And Ahsoka- 4 stars

Probably should have just said who I didn't have, oh well
  • SmokeyJoe320
    931 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    You can really do it with any 5 but Ani, lumi, old Ben, and QGJ are the most useful in other areas so I would go for them since everyone is pretty equal
  • Options
    Thanks Jet Black. I like Ima Gun Di for normal battles but had been holding him back because I was on the fence for this. Time to use up some guild currency...
  • SmokeyJoe320
    931 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    For the record, I did it pre-nerf with lumi, jc, Eeth Koth, plo Koon, ashoka. If that crappy squad can do it, any 5 can
  • Options
    What makes Anakin a better lead than Qui-Gon? I figured speeding everybody up would be helpful since Yoda's absurd turn meter is what killed me before.
  • Options
    What makes Anakin a better lead than Qui-Gon? I figured speeding everybody up would be helpful since Yoda's absurd turn meter is what killed me before.

His lead gives jedi more offense and critical damage. His unique maxed is when an ally is under 50% health, Anakin gains 100% turn meter and his attack does 75% more damage.
  • SmokeyJoe320
    931 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Ani got buffed recently and has crazy AoE, and great synergy with clones and jedi

Not sure how he is for the Yoda challenge but he's all over the top 20 in my arena now
  • Options

His lead gives jedi more offense and critical damage. His unique maxed is when an ally is under 50% health, Anakin gains 100% turn meter and his attack does 75% more damage.

I don't understand the critical hit concept yet. You hit a guy and it does x damage based on the toon and the attack chosen (unless it's variable like st Han Solo), what makes one hit critical and one not?

And offense seems like such a broad term I don't get how it applies to the game yet. Is it the same thing as an attack's potency?

I've tried searching the board for this stuff some but I find very specific conversations and I'm still trying to grasp this general stuff.
  • Options
    I got Yoda 7* with QGJ (L), lumi, JC, IGD and Ashoka
  • Gideon_Brown
    55 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I didn't find the Yoda event too hard.
  • Options
    Don't choose characters just to get Yoda. Choose Jedi that will help you long term with GW, Arena, and/or Raids.

Lumi is the best healing attacker in the game

QGJ is wicked good with omegas for raid tmr

Anakin is a beast

IGD is underrated and anti-droid, e.g. theory crafting for the next raid

Aayla is not on your list, but I hate seeing her in arena

That is all
  • Options

I don't understand the critical hit concept yet. You hit a guy and it does x damage based on the toon and the attack chosen (unless it's variable like st Han Solo), what makes one hit critical and one not?

And offense seems like such a broad term I don't get how it applies to the game yet. Is it the same thing as an attack's potency?

I've tried searching the board for this stuff some but I find very specific conversations and I'm still trying to grasp this general stuff.

He hits harder or he does more damage.
  • Siskin
    135 posts Member
    Options
    Anakin is awesome, although his basic attack is a bit of a liability for the Yoda challenge, due to the fact that Yoda will resist its secondary effect and gain full meter.

That being said, he's so good in other aspects of the game that using your resources on someone else instead of him would be unwise.

If I were you, I'd max Ani, QGJ, Lumi, Old Ben, and good old Jedi Consular. JC is a great toon to invest in, he's an excellent healer for your B squad in galactic war.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/siskin/
    Line I.D. Siskin59953
  • SmokeyJoe320
    931 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

Every toon has a critical hit %... that is you chance for your attack to be 'critical' which does more damage (not sure how much) BUT many many abilities are based on crit hits. Like if your toon gets a crit, his TM gets filled faster. Or lando's AoE... if he lands 2 critical hits on his AoE , his special attack cool down goes to 0 and his next AoE does 100% more damage. So critical stats are key for certain toons. A guy like Lando you want to load up with crit chance mods to boost his chances of landing crits.

Offense % is just a boost in the amount of damage your attacks do. A 5% offense mod will increase all of your attacks by 5%. It has nothing to do with potency. Potency is your toons chance to get off a buff or debuff. For instance, 88 applies 3 or 4 different kinds of debuffs on his AoE attack. If he is high potency, he will land more debuffs more frequently.

The opposite of that is tenacity... helps you resist debuffs
  • SmokeyJoe320
    931 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
  • Options
    I got yoda with Ben 7*, And 5* Lum, anakin, Ahsoka, QGJ. Breezed on auto
  • Options
    the 5* yoda is now the hardest tier, they nerfed 6 and 7 into the ground. any 5 jedi can do it but lumi, old ben, qgj, whiny(anakin), and any other jedi will work.
  • Options
    Mine was lumi, jc, eeth koth, mace, and ahsoka. The question is- do you want to have the team fast? Or to be good everywhere else? Eeth koth, lumi, qgj and ahsoka are easy farms, and jc has a low energy cantina node. Otherwise, take your time and build a good squad. Yoda is cool, but not a world beater
  • Tomek
    327 posts Member
    Options
    My mistake was creating Barriss instead of Old Ben. The both will let to open Yoda, but you will not use Barriss any more , but Ben can be your arena leader for months.