What's your arena squad? (Frequently Used Toons VS. Your Favorite Toons)

I saw a thread a little while ago addressing the frequent usage of the same toons in arena (i.e. Rey, RG, Qui-Gon etc). People were saying how you don't see much variety in arena anymore & how people don't use teams with toons they like because they want to use "meta/OP" toons. Some suggestions were brought up to possibly set restrictions every week preventing certain factions or character types from being used in arena. For example, no tanks, no Rebels, no evasion leads etc. I'm not sure if I would be on board with that but it was interesting nonetheless.
My reply to the topic is as follows: "In arena I currently use 7* G10 Phasma (L), 7* G9 Leia, 7* G10 Rey, 7* G8 Teebo & 7* G8 RG. Not because those are my favorites but because that gives me the best chance to climb the arena ladder. Eventually I'll switch out Teebo for Qui Gon.
My main goal is to run a Wedge (L), Biggs, Lando, Leia & Scarif Pathfinder/STHan rebel team in arena. Or perhaps a FO team or a Nebit, 86, 88, 100, B2 team. It's possible to run a team of your favorite toons, it just takes longer to farm some of them as opposed to the "standard" toons everyone has. U can do it but unless u have them properly starred/geared/leveled then you're liable to fall victims to the teams consisting of toons everyone has. Running a "standard" team can garner more resources but running a favorite team can be more fun. It all depends on why you personally play the game.
I like the aforementioned idea of weekly restrictions because it would force a lot more variety.
Ultimately, just do what u want & run with it. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to trying to place top 20 with my standard-@$$ team lmao!
May the force be with you!!"
So I just wanted to know what everyone out there is running in arena these days. Personally, I see a lot of Obi Wan, Akbar & Phasma leads in my server. I've seen the most meta of teams & I've seen the teams with a few toons rarely used in arena (i.e. this one Palpatine, Vader, Dooku, Maul & Veers team). Both types of teams seem to have a lot of success & stay in the top 50 like where my team is.
If you took the time to read all of this (lol) please reply with your arena team's composition & also if you have a team in mind that you're working on to be used in arena eventually.
Thanks for reading & as always, may the force be with you!!!

PS: my guild is looking for a few mates to contribute daily & in our T6 raids as we're looking to start T7 raiding in the next week or 2. If interested, please reply with your ally code & I will refer you to an officer who will send u an invite. My ally code is 694-875-216

Replies

• Options
    I'm in an old server I typically run between 1-5 my the squad I have seen a ton of success with is

Rex L
    Ani
    Lando
    Sun Fac
    EP
  • Options
    I'm on a fairly new shard and there is little variety. Everyone runs a combo of the following:

Phasma
    Rey
    QGJ
    RG
    Old Ben
    Leia
    JKA
    STHan
    Sun Fac

No droid teams, no clone teams. I have Echo, Rex, and Cody at 7*, but still levelling/gearing them up, along with farming Fives. Once they're ready, I'll try them out in arena because I NEVER see any clones except 5's. Until then, I run:

Phasma - L
    Rey
    Lumi
    Asajj
    QGJ
  • Options
    I run Teebo X (L), QGJ XI, Lando XI, Phasma X and GS X. But admittedly not chosen out of love, ended up with some of them due to necessity or ease of gearing. Lando was aimed for because I love the AOE, but I need to speed him up. Am getting 7* characters at a decent rate but hold back is now gear. Am in T6 guild moving towards T7 but raid gear is needed for us to get better and you don't get much in T6 sadly. Has caused a couple of people to jump guild for opportunistic reasons, don't blame them but think it highlights the issue with guilds and raids.
  • Options
    I throw in w/e it takes to win. Sometimes 3 or 4 completely different teams. My best defending team right now is probably a variant of JE droids... which drops about 20 spots, or so. My server is mostly EP. Then droids are the biggest minority. Then Anni and Rex leads.
  • Options
    Cuzzins wrote: »
    I run Teebo X (L), QGJ XI, Lando XI, Phasma X and GS X. But admittedly not chosen out of love, ended up with some of them due to necessity or ease of gearing. Lando was aimed for because I love the AOE, but I need to speed him up. Am getting 7* characters at a decent rate but hold back is now gear. Am in T6 guild moving towards T7 but raid gear is needed for us to get better and you don't get much in T6 sadly. Has caused a couple of people to jump guild for opportunistic reasons, don't blame them but think it highlights the issue with guilds and raids.

I get that, the same thing has happened in my guild. A couple of our biggest heavy hitters jumped ship to get better raid rewards in T7. Which has hurt us as a guild because we were so close to T7 & of course that set us back quite a bit.
  • Options
    I've been using this for months:

Asajj Ventress (L)
    Kylo Ren
    Night Sister Initiate
    Ahsoka
    Daka

I just like those characters. It's a fun team to use. I could frequently get below 100 in arena too.

But lately I'm struggling. Maybe my arena server is just getting better, but now I'm struggle to even get below 200. So I've been forced to make changes just so I can remain moderately competitive. I've already plugged in ST Han. And I plan to put Anakin Skywalker in as soon as I get another star on him. So now I'll be running this:

Asajj Ventress (L)
    Ahsoka
    Anakin
    ST Han
    Daka

It kinda sucks that this game isn't better balanced. And Night Sister's just stink all around. But with what little testing I've done so far, I'm finding my new team fun. And it's definitely a higher tier team.

I'm going to keep Asajj and Ahsoka in my team tho. I'm not going to let chasing "meta" dictate who I use. I just hope my new team can return me to top 100 finishes again.
  • Options
    Cuzzins wrote: »

I get that, the same thing has happened in my guild. A couple of our biggest heavy hitters jumped ship to get better raid rewards in T7. Which has hurt us as a guild because we were so close to T7 & of course that set us back quite a bit.

Some didn't even just leave to join another guild. During mods we had some just leave the game. We move on but we're a casual guild, some of us are heavy hitters compared to others in our guild but we stick with it. Maybe we're foolish in that we're losing out on top quality gear. But we've actually mostly stuck together and sometimes that means more. Hopefully we'll hit t7 at some point

• Options
    I use:

Ventress (L) G10 spd 120
    Daka G10 spd 191
    QGJ G10 spd 164
    GS G9 spd 156
    STHan G9 spd 141

I typically finish 20-30 at payout. I'm pretty dependent on Daka. She is my poor man's Han Solo. I use her to stun JE or Rey or Anakin or EP or ST Han. Whoever will lead to my sudden demise the fastest. I can't afford to speed mod all of my toons so having one at 219 (with Asajj leader ability) keeps me somewhat competitive in the speed mod meta.

I used to run RG instead if STHan and Dooku instead of QGJ. If I get Dooku to G10 I might just put him back in. RG just hit 7* so I might try him out again as well.

I really liked running all Dark Side toons.

I would LIKE to run an all empire or rebel team (or as close to it as possible) but that is a ways off.

Even Anakin with Ahsoka, 5's, Aayla, and someone else, but they are all pretty far off as well. Working on unlocking 5's right now and Ani and Aayla are 4*.

Right now I'm all about farming potency and 2x crit mods so that will probably dictate who I use in arena as well...
  • Options
    Currently running maxed Ani L, quigon, rey, rg, phasma but working towards maxed Ani L, quigon, fives/aayla, han solo, sthan for more fun and variety. Need a speedy critchance/ crit damage team to put these palp and droid teams in their place. Thinking and hoping it will work out well
  • Options
    D Rose 23 I guess your spending your NBA millions on this squad cause it super p2w and probably the best squad going atm
  • Options
    I use:

Ventress (L) G10 spd 120
    Daka G10 spd 191
    QGJ G10 spd 164
    GS G9 spd 156
    STHan G9 spd 141

I typically finish 20-30 at payout. I'm pretty dependent on Daka. She is my poor man's Han Solo. I use her to stun JE or Rey or Anakin or EP or ST Han. Whoever will lead to my sudden demise the fastest. I can't afford to speed mod all of my toons so having one at 219 (with Asajj leader ability) keeps me somewhat competitive in the speed mod meta.

I used to run RG instead if STHan and Dooku instead of QGJ. If I get Dooku to G10 I might just put him back in. RG just hit 7* so I might try him out again as well.

I really liked running all Dark Side toons.

I would LIKE to run an all empire or rebel team (or as close to it as possible) but that is a ways off.

Even Anakin with Ahsoka, 5's, Aayla, and someone else, but they are all pretty far off as well. Working on unlocking 5's right now and Ani and Aayla are 4*.

Right now I'm all about farming potency and 2x crit mods so that will probably dictate who I use in arena as well...

Very close to what I'm going for.
  • Options
    Running Phasma lead
    FOTP
    EP
    STHan
    5's

All maxed geared/starred/levelled/modded

A hodge podge team.

Last 6 arena payouts

Rank 1, 1, 5, 1, 1, 1

Droids/Wedge/Anakin teams around the top of the shard as well.
  • Options
    Teague wrote: »
    I've been using this for months:

Asajj Ventress (L)
    Kylo Ren
    Night Sister Initiate
    Ahsoka
    Daka

I just like those characters. It's a fun team to use. I could frequently get below 100 in arena too.

But lately I'm struggling. Maybe my arena server is just getting better, but now I'm struggle to even get below 200. So I've been forced to make changes just so I can remain moderately competitive. I've already plugged in ST Han. And I plan to put Anakin Skywalker in as soon as I get another star on him. So now I'll be running this:

Asajj Ventress (L)
    Ahsoka
    Anakin
    ST Han
    Daka

It kinda sucks that this game isn't better balanced. And Night Sister's just stink all around. But with what little testing I've done so far, I'm finding my new team fun. And it's definitely a higher tier team.

I'm going to keep Asajj and Ahsoka in my team tho. I'm not going to let chasing "meta" dictate who I use. I just hope my new team can return me to top 100 finishes again.

Nice I am not the only nightsister person. I use AV, NS Init, Talia, daka, and EE, but now got my gamerorean guard good enough to replace EE on defense.