Tenacity Up vs Tenacity Down

I have done some testing with tenacity up vs tenacity down. It is possible to have both of these debuffs applied at the same time. What actually happens is that tenacity up will trump. All debuffs are resisted. Order of operation does not matter.

Is this WAI? I would have though that they would have a sum zero effect allowing debuffs to be landed as per normal tenacity-potency check. From the description of each one, it is not clear which should trump. I would have though that in each case we are adding/subtracting a large tenacity % e.g. 300% which would cancel out if both are present at the same time.

This is relevant as the tenacity down mechanic on dengar has a good potential to counter rex/yoda's tenacity up, currently which only dispels are effective against.

Replies

• Josh_K
    1150 posts Member
    Options
    Hoping this gets looked at thanks.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Tenacity down says "minimize chance to resist negative status effects"

tenacity up says "always resist negative status effects"

so when you have both of them, you have your minimum chance to resist

but your minimum happens to be 100% So TLDR- Tenacity up should trump.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Josh_K
    1150 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Thanks for the confirmation. Although I recall that when Tenacity down first landed it was "Always resist negative effects". It was changed when it was pointed out that it wasn't always the case and as per my understanding this was a simple tool tip update. This leads me to wonder what the original design intent was.
This discussion has been closed.