Gameplay deteriorates over time

So I have noticed that after about 5-10 minutes of play the game takes a nose-dive in performance. Character movements become glitchy and I always get stuck on the progress screen between battles (encounter 2/3, and final encounter). The fix that I have learned, which is not really a fix; is to open up multitask on IOS and wait for a few seconds. After that, I go back to the game and un-pause to keep playing. The performance still sucks and I have to reload the game and repeat the whole process in 10 minutes when it happens again. Anyone have a more permanent solution or is this an EA thing?

Replies

• Davo
    121 posts Member
    Options
    sounds like a your phone is overheating thing
  • Options
    I am on Android and all seems good on the 3 devices I have used. While it could be an iOS app issue I would try a different device first and see if the same problem comes up. It is likely your phone but with a little more info maybe we can help:

1. what are you using (iphone, ipad)?
    2. what model iphone/ipad do you have?
    3. Do you have any apps that run all the time?
    4. Is your device jailbroken?
    Ally invite code: 692-489-899
  • Options
    Hey Moki. Thanks for trying to help and my apologies for the lack of info. It's been happening even after the update but not as bad now. I primarily play on an iPad mini and secondary on my iPhone. The issue is worse on my iPad but still present on the iPhone. Neither is jail broken and no other apps are open at the same time. I have plenty of space on both devices and they are both relatively new. My wife surprised me with the iPad when I came home from overseas. Still have no idea what's wrong with it but like I said it's more manageable now. If you have a solution or idea please let me know. BTW I like your pic. I'm running maul and savage in my team and they are awesome.
  • Options
    Thanks, I grabbed a few images and photoshopped them together and bam there is my Maul in a Nike hoody and glasses :). I did grab my wife's iPhone and tried it out to see how it would run and it did start getting laggy after a few minutes of gameplay so it seems it needs a little optimizing on iOS. Other than that I am not sure how to check any further as the debugging ability on iOS is not as easy as Android (for me anyway).
    Ally invite code: 692-489-899
  • Options
    Yea it's probably something I'll have to deal with. Oh well. I put in a support ticket but those are next to useless. They won't even reply via email. All they say is "we got your ticket and won't respond. But you can watch for more updates to the game" ok cool EA. Thanks anyway Moki I appreciate your time.
  • Options
    Hey USArmyAV, sorry you are running into this issue, I'll add it to the list of things to look at. Could you let me know which version of the iPad mini and iPhone you are playing on? This will help us identify what might be going on.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Kandinski
    11 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I'm having the exact same issue. I'm on an iPhone 4S and it seems like the game is a huge memory hog. After about 10 minutes everything starts loading slower and slower, even the menus in the cantina. Fights will sometimes take minutes to load. The solution is to quit the app and clear the iPhone's memory. I use the Battery Doctor app for this and it shows the memory is always at 70-80% use after playing SWGOH. It even slows down the rest of my phone, because yesterday someone tried calling me while I was playing the game and I couldn't even pick up because everything went so slow. The call then didn't register in my received/missed calls list.

Not sure if last night's update worsened this or not, but i did notice more stuttering animations during the few fights I've done today.
  • Options
    I also get severe lag that worsens over time and eventually crashes the game. I'm lucky if I get 2/3 matches before it starts and within another 2/3 games it's unplayable.

iPad mini with lastest software
  • RAMifications
    189 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Galaxy S6 and Tab 3 10.1 tablet no issues after hours of play.
    --Nud Stark--