Galactic War - Reset or Continue?

woodchuck
53 posts Member
edited January 2023
How many battles are there in total for the Galactic War?

I died at the 9th battle, so I'm wondering if tomorrow I should continue (as I can train up some new characters at lvl 1 which I haven't used in the war so far), or should I just reset and start over regardless?

Is there a big reward at the end or something that maybe is worth continuing the war for? versus restarting and risking not completing again?
Post edited by Ultra on

Replies

• Options
    Holy cow... You can reset it? How? Do you get to grab the boxes you opened before again?
  • Options
    Nvm just saw the rest button! That helps!
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    GW has 12 battles, so 12 reward chests. The value does increase as you go higher, and the last one definitely has more than the rest. But I don't think it's better *enough* that you'll get as much from the last 4 as you would for resetting the first eight tomorrow. Plus you run the risk of not finishing those last four anyway, even with your full team, as they're getting harder the farther you go.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    You can do both
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Wait, you can reset GW on the same day if you don't finish all 12? How?
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    That's news to me too. But it makes sense. It doesn't refresh till you tell it to, and you get one refresh per day. So maybe you can finish out the round from yesterday, then use your refresh to start today's?
    But will your team be fresh, or still hurting from any losses you suffered in finishing yesterday's war, I wonder.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Oh I see... the next day you could try to finish versus resetting, because presumably your guys are reset? I dunno, this is the first time I haven't finished it. Should be interesting. :)
  • Options
    @Qeltar wrote: »
    Oh I see... the next day you could try to finish versus resetting, because presumably your guys are reset? I dunno, this is the first time I haven't finished it. Should be interesting. :)

Hmm don't think it works that way, because the characters only reset when you press the button.
  • Options
    Question with Galactic War and the healing in between battles, does that also give a little heal boost to characters on the sidelines or just the ones who finished the previous battle?
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Slushie wrote: »
    Hmm don't think it works that way, because the characters only reset when you press the button.

That's what I would have expected in which case no idea what OP is talking about.
    As for the heal boost, if there is one, it's barely noticeable to me, and it does not seem to affect anyone on the sidelines at all. (I would have noticed this today after yanking a couple of guys with near-zero health.)
  • woodchuck
    53 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    sorry for the confusion. I guess my scenario is a fringe case and maybe not so common.

my case is simply this.

i have 10 characters. 5 of them are up to date at my player level. the other 5 are lagging 5 levels behind.

I have limited resources each day. I can only apply those resources successfully to my top 5 characters each day.

I use my top 5 in GW and get to only battle #7. I don't use my 5 weaker characters to battle since they would not be able to win anyway.

The next day, the game resets and I have some more resources. Hence I am wondering if it's worth trying to strengthen my 5 weaker characters and continue the GW from yesterday.

That's it.

I always end up applying my resources to my PvP team, or risk falling behind in that. So my weaker 5 characters don't get stronger, and I will never be able to finish GW with only 5 viable characters.
  • Options
    You can retreat during a battle and swap out characters, then return to the battle. Your toons and enemy will have same health, but buffs seem to disappear. This allows even low levels to contribute.
  • Options
    007bugs wrote: »
    You can retreat during a battle and swap out characters, then return to the battle. Your toons and enemy will have same health, but buffs seem to disappear. This allows even low levels to contribute.

Thanks I had no idea at all retreat was possible. just found the retreat option hidden in the sub menu. wow.
  • Options
    Rolf wrote: »
    That's news to me too. But it makes sense. It doesn't refresh till you tell it to, and you get one refresh per day. So maybe you can finish out the round from yesterday, then use your refresh to start today's?
    But will your team be fresh, or still hurting from any losses you suffered in finishing yesterday's war, I wonder.

That's correct. You can finish the war from day before. Then reset and everyone will be fresh AFTER the reset ... then timer restarts for day (ends at midnight US pacific time). Just tried it and that's what happend for me. So I just need 4 hrs to be able to start another war.
  • Options
    My characters died and I thought you had to wait one day for them to revive but they didn't
  • Options
    So I guess to get your characters back (all are at 0% health) I'll have to restart?
  • Options
    Yes, restart every day. Nice necro
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    @Ultra we have an omega necro here.
    Hello there.
  • Options
    Resetting doesn't make since if you can finish, and you don't have the "finish galactic war" achievement.
    Sometimes a door is just a door
This discussion has been closed.