At what point in arena battles do you personally use Sid's aoe attack?

Molak
25 posts Member
edited January 2016
I noticed AI starts with Sid's AOE attack most of the times. I'm curious what is your preference when it comes to that. Thanks!

At what point in arena battles do you personally use Sid's aoe attack? 58 votes

In the very first turn!
20%
ThundergodTakDiscoSliceLifesaberCurioPengjewuinTriquiSidiousIsPikachuArarisValerianLazerriftBJpenJarJar_Shard_1 12 votes
after couple of turns, when the outcome of the battle is pretty much decided
12%
MufasaBigDRogerfanSG6HaligjablooonMolakLightngHb 7 votes
When opponent's character taunts
44%
MackemSLAMccfoopip_ninjaPoerliBoro_Smooth1jeremyj26TiggerzMeetraSurikDanToml3end3rCopeWhiskeyCorndog131MelisanASDFQWERZXVCArijitRobbathehuttSlevinBurgerPerongelukG1llydemolition8r 26 votes
Neither
22%
HyperalloyNicks075PokebreakerThe_Oklahoma_KidWillziakVouterDarthMasterShawnMizoKAULIJoshGWillkimm98WJ28MaceMazer 13 votes

Replies

• Options
    I use it second turn, after I heal block their sid, and after poggle buffs offense up.
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Options
    Neither
    Either when the healers are dead, or if someone has taunted but the aoe will kill a near dead toon.
  • Options

I
    I use it second turn, after I heal block their sid, and after poggle buffs offense up.
    I don't have poggle. With my squad (sid,lumi,phasma(lead),fotp, jc) in the second turn the opponent's sid is already dead most of the times. So I usually use the second attack to heal block another powerful character. By the time I get to use sid's aoe, there are 3 or less opponent's characters left...
  • Options
    Neither
    I use it when i want. It works every time
  • Options
    Willkimm98 wrote: »
    I use it when i want. It works every time

Lol. Does your wanting work like RNG? Or it is based on scrupulus analysis of both teams? ))
  • Options
    Neither
    RNG does it first lol, i usually do it if there is a taunt and a character is at low health, or when he has advantage from phasma so long as there is no counter character
  • Options
    Neither
    I don't use Sid as I hate cookie cutter teams.
  • Options
    I usually always use his basic attack first, applying his heal block on someone I want to take down asap (Healer usually). Then it depends on the rest of the rotation if I use it second time round or 3rd.
  • Options
    Only after phasma victory march
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    In the very first turn!
    I rarely use Sid, but when I do, it's pairing with IG88. So I use it first turn to buff up 88's AOE
  • kin
    24 posts Member
    Options
    After poe's expose.
  • Options
    Between Poe and ig88 sounds good
  • Options
    wrongg. When there are no healers or Bariss is the only healer
  • Options
    When opponent's character taunts
    I'm the same as JoshG, nothing worse than just being a little of killing someone and then a taunt pops up :p
  • Options
    Neither
    I only use it if they're are no healers alive, or if it will kill another target through a taunt. If I haven't got heal immunity to stick yet,I don't want to prompt an early heal of my focus target.
  • Options
    Neither
    It's not really that strong/useful. His standard attack is good enough for me and deals better damage. I only use the AOE when counter characters are defeated or unless there's a long taunt in place. Similarly I don't use the AOE if healers are present. What's the point they'll just heal up the damage dealt.
  • Options
    Only if I almost kill someone and their tank taunts and the AoE damage will kill someone.
  • Options
    Neither
    Depoends on the opposition what they have ect, and also on if my stun sticks. I rarely use it first move though as I tend to focus fire the biggest threats.
  • Mizo
    172 posts Member
    Options
    Neither
    The top 10 or so on my server don't use Sid in arena. Need a min of 10k Health even with a taunter.
  • Options
    JoshG wrote: »
    Either when the healers are dead, or if someone has taunted but the aoe will kill a near dead toon.

Exactly my strategy. Or if I can burn two toons in red.

And not if he's too low on hp and there are dangerous counters on the opposite team.

• Options
    Cleaner wrote: »
    wrongg. When there are no healers or Bariss is the only healer

I'm the same -

When Bar is there she heals through it so whoever has the lowest HP and the DOT effect hits is who I take out first

The same when there is no healer
  • Options
    Depends, it's entirely situational.

Never on the first turn though often on 2nd if Poe gets a taunt up and I can finish off a glass cannon.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762