Fleet arena tokens, should i buy character shards or stay focused on ships?

My main problem is Wedge, for the last month every single cantina energy has gone into his node including 2 refreshes daily and im only at 185 shards. Thats including the free wedge for anniversary. He has been the slowest to farm character ive ever encountered. Should i just focus on wedge shipments to get him done? I still need 145 wedge shard to 7* him and I am rebel centric in arena.

Replies

• Options
    Shards, no question. You still get 800 fleet tokens a day without participating
  • Options
    Well I get alot more as im in top ten have been first like 5 times, but if i focus wedge then i may slip. Thanks for the advice.
  • Options
    If you do the math it's almost the same to buy 330 shards for a 7 star char as 20 zeta points....

For me that zeta ability might be more useful...
  • Options
    Vice_torn wrote: »
    If you do the math it's almost the same to buy 330 shards for a 7 star char as 20 zeta points....

For me that zeta ability might be more useful...

Well i would just be supplementing the my cantina battles with fleet arena shipments to speed up the process. Also Im only level 73 so zetas are still a distant thought as I can't even use omegas.
  • Options
    Do not go for shards until you can secure Zetas. This is especially important for you as you're approaching end game soon. Zetas are the new meta, and that means you need to get Executrix starred up for the ability mat challenge. Just as Rey used to be meta, Wiggs will be old news with Zeta upgrades that will make them useless against Qui Gon Jin.

With that, you should continue the grind on farming Wiggs in Cantina, then possibly B2 Battle Droid, as the new Fleet shipments will introduce Sun Fac and Rex to all your competition, and you will likely need the best dispeller in the game in B2.

I know it's tempting to buy Wedge from Fleet Shipments now, but always farm to win in the future, not for now.
  • Options
    Also, think about the effect of introduction of ships.

1. They will likely make new events, tournaments in the future that will give you extra income of resources (characters, credits, possibly raid gear, etc)
    2. Fleet shipments is relatively small now, but will likely grow to have new and better characters to farm there as well. By then, Wedge may be irrelevant unless he gets a Zeta ability buff.
  • Options
    I agree with Wally ^ don't buy wedge shards from fleet shipments when there's so many other things to purchase from there that you can't get anywhere else. You need dark side ships at four star to compete the fleet challenge to get zeta's.
    ships aren't just a side addition to the game, if you fall behind in them, you'll fall behind in everything else
  • Options
    Ok I see what you guys are saying, I fear I have already fallen behind though as I havent adequately farmed any darkside characters. Of the dark side pilots i have a 3* tie fighter and a 2* GSoldier. So should I be farming ships when i dont have any pilots?
  • Options
    I had started wedge but I stopped him at 100 shards to farm mods and tie pilot.
    Now it seems a good choice to me. Untill I have him ready wiggs won't be so much powerful
  • Options
    Save for zeta
  • Options
    Personally I'm farming ships. I've got 20/80 on the slave so far. And since boba seems viable now my dark team got a good boost