Cantina shipment farming question

currently farming old Daka (20/80) but my light side team has stalled without a high damage character. Also today's challenge showed me my attack class characters are pathetic. Should I switch to Ashoka tano farming to get another lights side character? Is she any good, at least for the short term? I'm level 41.

Replies

• Skye
    795 posts Member
    Options
    Short answer is no...

The reason being is Old Daka is kinda needed for many of the dark side missions because she is one of only two dark side healers currently, and Talia will quickly be overwhelmed as the dark side is also rather short on taunting characters... Plus Daka is the only character on the dark side that has a chance at reviving other characters...

You will find her ability to revive people very significant when you start embarking on the galactic war.. If you haven't already done so, what you find as you get to the later nodes in the galactic war... it becomes increasing more rewarding in terms of credits, training droids and skill materials, as well as character shards.

When you get to the galactic war one character you can unlock if you haven't already is Luminara... She is classed as an attacker but she also has a very good heal and ability block which can actually neuter Dooku's counter attack! (dunno if that is by design or bug though). Luminara is a much better attacker than Ahsoka.. as she brings much more to the table.. Ahsoka is like a self healing dpser with a very unreliable team heal.

Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Options
    currently farming old Daka (20/80) but my light side team has stalled without a high damage character. Also today's challenge showed me my attack class characters are pathetic. Should I switch to Ashoka tano farming to get another lights side character? Is she any good, at least for the short term? I'm level 41.
    Yes.

You will progress quicker in the long run by making sure you can maximise the payouts on every holotable ASAP, which requires some diversity. Just don't pump too much gear or ability mats into less key squads. Once you have tables paying out max rewards, then go back to focusing on an end game arena squad.

Progression on the L&D battle tables will not gain you any advantage. Your gear farming requirements should determine how far you need to be.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot