[Suggestion] Enhancement to Chromium Only Characters

Stok3d
140 posts Member
edited February 2016
Preface: I'm about $500 invested in the game and perceive grand flaws in the current Chromium Data Card Only Character System.

Issue: Spending $100 on Chromium Data Card Bundles may yield you some 4Star Characters... but they are unusable endgame. Unless a person is to spend thousands of dollars to 7star these Chromium Only characters... buying these bundles is a bad move and fruitless. IMO: There should be a middle ground and a way to incentivize people to buy these packs.

Solution: Either utilize the non-Toon shard locations like say 1-D on the Holotable or create another table similar to Holotable that shares an energy type. We'll use a new table for this example. What happens is that every [Insert # Here] say 50x Chromium Packs opened will unlock a random Chromium Only Character that populates a location to drop shards. Basically, you now have the ability to make use of that 4star toon and attempt to level him up if so desired. I'm assuming that there is a history of how many opened, so the total is retroactive... whales rejoice! As the character unlockable for farming is random, spending more has it's benefits. However, this will actually entice people like myself to spend more as there is now randomized potential benefit, whales will still receive the ability to unlock everything more quickly, and it's a win/win for everyone! (It is my belief every $100 in Chromium value should give you at 1x Chromium Only Character Farmable Unlock). From a business perspective, it's simple math: Have say 1000 ppl spend $1000 or have 100,000 ppl spend say $200 on Cantina and everyone is much happier with the system. Win/Win

If my idea is utilized, EA please kindly deposit 1million Chromium Shards to 661-294-242. I am confident this change in direction WILL revolutionize this game and vastly improve the stigma regarding Chromium Packs. As such, I'll consider this understood discrete gesture Payment in Full :)
Post edited by Stok3d on

Replies

• Options
    I agree completely, I have bought a few packs. Probably spend about $50.00. However I would gladly buy more packs if more bundles of this type were offered. When you spend money and get a character that has no potential unless you spend a ton more and get lucky is just discouraging. Offer a end game potential for $100 or less and people will buy it.
  • Options
    ThanksXorthyx for feedback! Anyone else have an opinion?
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    Options
    As EA/CG has announced there will be no chromium "only" characters (any more) so pay the money but be prepared that the character you wanted is farmable=free in the next 1-2 months.
  • Options
    I think it's a good idea, I've unlocked a lot of pack only toons but non to 7*, I'm not going to spend anymore on them so they will never reach 7 unless added to shipments, which defeats the object of paying real money for them, even if there was just one node per toon would still entice people to buy the packs knowing they could level them up without spending thousands
  • Options
    QGJM wrote: »
    As EA/CG has announced there will be no chromium "only" characters (any more) so pay the money but be prepared that the character you wanted is farmable=free in the next 1-2 months.

Please don't spread misinformation.

There are always going to be chromium exclusive characters they are just going to gradually replace them with new characters.
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    Options
    But there is no need in buying chromium packs if the character is farmable and free ;) you just spend Money for nothing (=your 4*+ characters aquired through chromium) look this Forum what whales and 100$-400$ p2p Players say. ;)
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Findec wrote: »

There are always going to be chromium exclusive characters they are just going to gradually replace them with new characters.

If the chromium "exclusive" characters Are replaced to be farmable (gradually) als you say, than sooner or later all characters become farmable so "chromium exclusive" is just a Snapshot Status and will not last. So there will be no "exclusive" character in the Long run. Just keep that in mind when u purchase chromium.
    Post edited by QGJM on
  • Options
    Stok3d wrote: »
    Preface: I'm about $500 invested in the game and perceive grand flaws in the current Chromium Data Card Only Character System.

Issue: Spending $100 on Chromium Data Card Bundles may yield you some 4Star Characters... but they are unusable endgame. Unless a person is to spend thousands of dollars to 7star these Chromium Only characters... buying these bundles is a bad move and fruitless. IMO: There should be a middle ground and a way to incentivize people to buy these packs.

Solution: Either utilize the non-Toon shard locations like say 1-D on the Holotable or create another table similar to Holotable that shares an energy type. We'll use a new table for this example. What happens is that every [Insert # Here] say 50x Chromium Packs opened will unlock a random Chromium Only Character that populates a location to drop shards. Basically, you now have the ability to make use of that 4star toon and attempt to level him up if so desired. I'm assuming that there is a history of how many opened, so the total is retroactive... whales rejoice! As the character unlockable for farming is random, spending more has it's benefits. However, this will actually entice people like myself to spend more as there is now randomized potential benefit, whales will still receive the ability to unlock everything more quickly, and it's a win/win for everyone! (It is my belief every $100 in Chromium value should give you at 1x Chromium Only Character Farmable Unlock). From a business perspective, it's simple math: Have say 1000 ppl spend $1000 or have 100,000 ppl spend say $200 on Cantina and everyone is much happier with the system. Win/Win

If my idea is utilized, EA please kindly deposit 1million Chromium Shards to 661-294-242. I am confident this change in direction WILL revolutionize this game and vastly improve the stigma regarding Chromium Packs. As such, I'll consider this understood discrete gesture Payment in Full :)

It's a bad idea. Being a pay-to-play player as yourself (based on your own assertment), you already have a significant advantage over free-to-play players (like myself and a majority of others), in having more crystals to spend.

To spend crystals on buying chromium packs is only your own choice: you always have an alternative of spending these crystals on additional energy refreshes and via these means obtaining levels and farmable character shards at a faster rate compared to f2p players. This way will also provide you with a huge competitive advantage - and it's only your own choice not to pusue this route and use purchased crystals elsewhere.

The mere fact that you have spent 100, 200 or whatever modest amount of real money should not be an equivalent of you being able to win against those who mastered farmable characters to a higher extent than you have.

• Options
    Findec wrote: »

Er, he isnt spreading misinformation. He said whatever you said.

Would be good if they release instant star up items like Marvel Future Fight. And its kind of silly people keep talking about pay2play advantage when the best teams are mostly (if not entirely) farmable.

Anyway, going f2p for as long as the game continues the way it is. :)
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    Options
    @Velvethunder
    Thanx for your statement. I totally agree! Me too F2P now as this game and EA continues this policy on "exclusive" "premium" content. With value drops of 95% in 2 Months.
  • Options
    Anyone here believe they would be more likely to invest in Chromium packs if this were implemented?

• Options
    Chromium packs in their current state are a pointless dead end investment except for some Daddy Warbucks out there. Also, people who pay money should have an advantage over f2p. Doesn't make sense otherwise. They literally pay to make the game free for us. IAP isn't a charity thing.

Yes, they should be entirely re-hashed. I'm not sure if the OP is the way to go, but I'd certainly see it as a step in the right direction
  • Options

they're coming out with shard trade in febuary. That solves the whole shards are worthless.
  • Options
    But it doesn't solve the fact that chromiums are a black hole deposit for the unwary or a treasure trove for the millionaires. It is the worst use of crystals to date, and considering this could have been the real pull for crystals, it's disappointing and makes no sense.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options

Provide us with a link showing the Devs stating there ever would be permanently exclusive chromium toons? Following that provide us with a link recanting the above link where they "announced" there would be no more chromium exclusive toons. Thanks.
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    Options
    You pay for an early advantage, not an easy button.
  • Options
    Baal wrote: »

?
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Telaan wrote: »

Provide us with a link showing the Devs stating there ever would be permanently exclusive chromium toons? Following that provide us with a link recanting the above link where they "announced" there would be no more chromium exclusive toons. Thanks.

I Made a Screenshot of the in Game Newsletter. But it is in German. Dont Know how to Put a picture in a Thread but EA Speaks about "chromium exclusive" char when they announced QGJ to be free. And how they change them to be farmable. And if EA use that Wording they totally knew that we saw it the Same way... They were exclusive.
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    Options
    @Telaan
    Just read this Thread. No Need to explain it twice.
  • Options

?
    What's with the question mark? Those who actually pay real money shouldn't be considered gods in this game, but more like being "privileged".
    Ally code: 323-282-152. Member of TNR. The New Rebellion
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    @Telaan

I did not ask for explanations. I asked you to provide links to Dev comments you said were made. I know they don't exist, I was just calling you out. I wasn't disappointed.
  • Options
    Omnirhyze wrote: »

?
    What's with the question mark? Those who actually pay real money shouldn't be considered gods in this game, but more like being "privileged".

Except they aren't when it comes to Chromium packs. I myself invested some real money into Chrome packs the first week before I realized it was crap. Worst money spent ever. The people who only buy crystals to get more refreshes do get an advantage, but anyone silly enough to buy Chromium packs get fooled unless you spend obscene amounts of $. I like the idea of the OP. Still wouldn't make me spend anymore on Chromium, but I see it as a reasonable perk to the ones who do.
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    Options
    @Telaan

I did not ask for explanations. I asked you to provide links to Dev comments you said were made. I know they don't exist, I was just calling you out. I wasn't disappointed.

@Telaan
    EA spoke of exclusive characters when they announced QGJ to be now farmable in the in game newsletter. I can send u a screenshot of that
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Not what I asked for. You know exactly what I'm getting at.

I totally understand you being upset. I don't agree with the lack of any announcement before the release of an exclusive toon. However, we both know that they were never promised to remain that way. Without that guarantee you absolutely knew that they'll eventually be released. If you ever thought anything different, than shame on you.

However, you've been going around this forum beating your war drum to a tune that totally misrepresents reality by making claims about things/statements that never existed.
  • Options
    But there is no need in buying chromium packs if the character is farmable and free ;) you just spend Money for nothing (=your 4*+ characters aquired through chromium) look this Forum what whales and 100$-400$ p2p Players say. ;)

But farmable in Cantina means many many months unless you use at least 2 refreshes, and is still months away as 7 shards day needs many days to reach 330...like 50 days. Chromium can save for a few chars most of the 15k Crystals needed for each cantina man and their 50 days,.
    Chromium packs in their current state are a pointless dead end investment except for some Daddy Warbucks out there. Also, people who pay money should have an advantage over f2p. Doesn't make sense otherwise. They literally pay to make the game free for us. IAP isn't a charity thing.

Yes, they should be entirely re-hashed. I'm not sure if the OP is the way to go, but I'd certainly see it as a step in the right direction

I think they are good for any player that plans to soend (unknowingly lol) about $100 per month. You may start with $300 Chromium, and dominate arena in that new server for 2 months, and instead of $100 mo you may need $50 in Crystals for 3 months. Tou still end with a very deep rooster. That they Chromium chars are Farmable (many) is a blessing in disguise. While one player may have 1 char after 2 minths (low soender) you may 7* 3 chars in that time.

The only thing is that Arena is too unidimensional. There should be different modes like 2-squads Arena, like a GW of 2 battles where you preselect 10 members. Or anything to need different team compositions.
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    Options
    Not what I asked for. You know exactly what I'm getting at.

I totally understand you being upset. I don't agree with the lack of any announcement before the release of an exclusive toon. However, we both know that they were never promised to remain that way. Without that guarantee you absolutely knew that they'll eventually be released. If you ever thought anything different, than shame on you.

However, you've been going around this forum beating your war drum to a tune that totally misrepresents reality by making claims about things/statements that never existed.

Just tired of our no, yes, no, yes discussion. I am not the only one who feels and sees it that way. you profit from the situation so be happy.
  • Options
    Any change they do can't be worse then the current ROI in chroniums right now.

Looking forward to seeing the Shard exchange and how that will work. This may be a game changer in regards to chronium packs. To be continued...
  • Options
    I guess we'll see if the shard exchange will be enough... I still highly favor the OP though.