Galatic Wars balance "broken"?

I just recently reached lvl 50 (none of my characters are lvl 50 yet), and the first purple node today just gives me average lvl 60 enemies. Is this broken?!

Replies

• Options
    wait to you get to level 85 and come up against some beast zeta teams with chaze and kenobi
  • Options
    GW only gets worse until you get Palpatine. Then it's easier. If you farm TFP too then it will be a cakewalk.
  • Options
    Sadly it gets even worse when you are barely hitting max level. You'll face monster teams which you can't beat for months.
  • Options
    To be honest I think I only cleared the whole GW path once so far. I don't have enough character depth yet.
  • Options
    To be honest I think I only cleared the whole GW path once so far. I don't have enough character depth yet.

It's about having the right toons, not just a bunch of them. I use Palpatine, Vader, RG, TFP, and Maul/IG-88/Tarkin to clear the entire thing.
  • Options
    I am level 75 and I beat GW 95% of the times. Sometimes you are unlucky and face a monster-team, but it is unusual and by the way it wouldn't be funny to win 100% of the times. It is true that you have to build a good team that work properly in GW mode. My one is Wedge (L) - Biggs - Lando +2 healers dropping Boba as 4th attacker in the last 2 nodes.
  • Options
    I have yet to fail finishing GW, at lvl 72 right now, and I only ever use the following characters.

Lando, Biggs, Luminara, Palp, stHan, Ackbar, Boba Fett.

I basically just swap Biggs and Lumi depending on if I need healing for the team, but Ackbar can usually heal the team as there's a Vader on almost ever node these days. I save stHan for the last two nodes usually, as before that he's not much use.

With those, I always finish. Once in a while I have to throw some garbage low toons in on the last node to get them to waste their abilities.

As someone else said, having the right toons, at max for your level, is more important than a ton of garbage toons.
  • Options
    Myself & other guild members have found GW has majorly increased in ridiculousness since they corrected the 3* tilt after the Barriss update.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    if your only ever using 7chars then thats why you think its broken

You WILL get to the stage when you can one team it or near enough... I usually only have to swap out 1-2 chars dependant on teams I face.. but im lvl 85 full mods and g10-11... however at lvl 72 you will face harder teams with better gear... lower lvl in GW you will need a decent squad not team
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    @Freelancer167 at your level, if you want to make GW easy, you need to farm the jroid team: HK L, 88, 86, JE, Nebit. You'll never have to worry about finishing it again. And you'll be done in 20-30 minutes every day.
  • Options
    Is it possible to get same opponent in last galatic war node?? Same guy as yesterday. General Kenobi, Baze Malubs, Charuitt, Barris, B-2. all seven stars! his power level is at 53029 !!!! i got my butt KICKED !!!!! ****????????????
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    scotty wrote: »
    Is it possible to get same opponent in last galatic war node?? Same guy as yesterday. General Kenobi, Baze Malubs, Charuitt, Barris, B-2. all seven stars! his power level is at 53029 !!!! i got my butt KICKED !!!!! ****????????????

Yes fully possible.. been a few teams popping up on a regular basis with Baze and co
  • Options
    I go Palp / Wiggs / rg / raid Han. My subs are sometimes Kenobi for RG and b2 for Han. While I do realize that not a lot have gk, there are other options as well. My first team can clear the whole thing depending on nodes 6, 9 and 11. Some retreats are necessary some days. You'll find the right combination. Some days it's different, but I noticed that the more characters you get at max gear, the more difficult it becomes.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Galdin_Wan
    589 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Palpatine, TFP, and Boba.

With the TM advantage everyone on the opposing squad should have buff immunity, ability block, stun, or some combination of the three before they get a turn. Then I have Phamsa to use victory march and give everyone another turn immediately, it's just carnage. Sometimes I have Rey as the fifth using leverage and then flurry, sometimes QGJ if I need to remove 2 taunts, sometimes I have IG-88, I switch the 5th spot up.
  • Options
    Never failed a single GW, I really can't see the issue.
    They can be on higher levels while you're not 85 yet but not much higher team power so those teams will have horrible mods or setups..

I always ran some sustained teams with RG and healers, then went for wiggs as soon as I could farm wedge.
    Still using wiggs today and just blowing a second team for any chaze/kenobi teams.

I'd rather like a few extra nodes for all those runs you make it without losing a toon
  • Options
    scotty wrote: »

Yes. I get the same Vader lead team with Baze, Shore, Fives, and SF. But it's really easy. Vader isn't even Zeta'd
  • Options
    Everyones got an opinion! You ultimately need two strong teams minimum through the life of the game on to 85 and staying 85. At some point you are going to hit players you cannot beat in one go. Then you'll be back on this forum complaining.

Yes, you need a powerful a-team. Yes, you also need depth to take on events, get mods, do heists and stay competitive and have the back up team so that when a killer Node 12 pops up - you can hit them with B-team and then win with your a-team.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • sneeyatch
    518 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Yep - some days, I can walk right through GW and never lose a toon - other days, forget it. I'll wipe the majority of my roster trying to clear it.

Luck of the draw I guess - even though I'll yell at the game and call the toons (insert explative here), I like it that way.
  • Options
    Albe_AuG wrote: »
    I am level 75 and I beat GW 95% of the times. Sometimes you are unlucky and face a monster-team, but it is unusual and by the way it wouldn't be funny to win 100% of the times. It is true that you have to build a good team that work properly in GW mode. My one is Wedge (L) - Biggs - Lando +2 healers dropping Boba as 4th attacker in the last 2 nodes.

What healers are you using?
  • Drepd
    130 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I was doing decent clearing it 3 out of 5 times until a recent update last week I think it was. I haven't been able to clear it since then. on the last node I keep getting 7star 10lvls higher than me that just pretty much 2-3 shot me and lock down my entire character list.

today I quit out probably 20 times trying to test different teams and could only kill 1 of them. I was happy, thinking I only had to kill 4 more...but nope. Couldn't get it done
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    There is no balance in GW never had been.

It has been meant to test you, lvl means nothing, 10 lvl's doesn't mean you will lose.

You need a deep roster and a plan. It helps too if you as many of the tricks as possible, tm loading is the best and make sure you have 3 teams ready. Never underestimate the usefulness of cannon fodder. The AI is dumb, and in GW when you do things they are repeatable so you can test many situations.
  • Options
    Darknessie wrote: »
    wait to you get to level 85 and come up against some beast zeta teams with chaze and kenobi

He's not lying. Enjoy it while it's 'easy'. Also focus on gearing not leveling