GW end battles rediculous

I agree with the intent to make I agree with the intent to make GW challenging, but the final stages are becoming ridiculous-- as in impossible. I tried combinations of maxed out squads against the final battle against "EpicFail". No way to win. I want a challenge, but a challenge that can be won. Please dial it back. This should be a place to learn strategy and toon combos, not a ladder to climb just to reach an impassable wall. FYI, still can't stand the protection mod. Doesn't even make sense. Characters should have a respective amount of health. "Protection" isn't even a thing in Star Wars.

Replies

• Yogi
    907 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    It works for me. Then again I run 4 teams through "preloading" TM and make sure their specials are ready to go. By the time I get to node 11/12 I have 3 teams ready to kick some butt. And sometimes I even get a easy node 12 but not always.

• Yesterday Zeta Vader, today Zeta qgj+zeta yoda. All gear 11. I've beat all of them with few gear 11 characters. TM and synergy are essential in GW
  • I just did that. Ended with two solid lvl 85 teams at node 12. Tried mixing and matching. Nothing works. The "EpicFail" team is INSANE! I respect its capabilities, but not a good match for even me (I'm normally top 300 of Squad Arena). Perhaps there should be an option to request a new enemy squad if a certain node is unpassable.
  • I agree with the intent to make I agree with the intent to make GW challenging, but the final stages are becoming ridiculous-- as in impossible. I tried combinations of maxed out squads against the final battle against "EpicFail". No way to win. I want a challenge, but a challenge that can be won. Please dial it back. This should be a place to learn strategy and toon combos, not a ladder to climb just to reach an impassable wall. FYI, still can't stand the protection mod. Doesn't even make sense. Characters should have a respective amount of health. "Protection" isn't even a thing in Star Wars.

Last night, I faced a squad that is impossible to beat. I tried not to kill all of them instead every time I tried to kill specific toon. But sometimes I can't even do that, and this ends up getting them gain health. If you have enough luck and a couple good team, you should focus to kill one by one.
  • Yogi wrote: »
    It works for me. Then again I run 4 teams through "preloading" TM and make sure their specials are ready to go. By the time I get to node 11/12 I have 3 teams ready to kick some butt. And sometimes I even get a easy node 12 but not always.

This ^
  • I don't have Zeta yet, but GW difficulty should tailor to the player's overall strength. Perhaps I fall into some weird computation where I've got enough really strong lvl 85 toons but no completely maxed characters.
  • ^ridiculous
  • It gets hardest right before you start getting the easy last lode. Keep gearing your toons and power thru the wall, once you're strong enough you'll get a cake walk last node
  • Taco
    446 posts Member
    Maybe because you suck
  • Taco
    446 posts Member
    Or didnt use a Tusken
  • I just did that. Ended with two solid lvl 85 teams at node 12. Tried mixing and matching. Nothing works. The "EpicFail" team is INSANE! I respect its capabilities, but not a good match for even me (I'm normally top 300 of Squad Arena). Perhaps there should be an option to request a new enemy squad if a certain node is unpassable.

Level 85 doesn't mean much. Did you preload turn meter? Are your characters ready to unleash their specials? Do they have synergy?
    And casting your anger to protection mod?
    Oh gosh... You no have problem with speed secondaries? U lucky fella..
  • That's something you'll have to deal with until to farm a good team. I can solo all 12 nodes with my Empire team. Before that, I'd use my old Arena team, my rebels, my jawas, my jedi, etc, and still wouldn't be enough sometimes.
    My advice: build up a team with good synergy, that's your main team (most of the times that will be your Arena team anyway). Have some "back-up" characters with special abilities if your regular team doesn't have any, like dispellers, healers, cleansers, taunts, etc.
    Start using your main team around between node 8-10, so you have the first turns in the last nodes. Use the characters' abilities wisely, since you might need them for the next node.
  • I agree with the intent to make I agree with the intent to make GW challenging, but the final stages are becoming ridiculous-- as in impossible. I tried combinations of maxed out squads against the final battle against "EpicFail". No way to win. I want a challenge, but a challenge that can be won. Please dial it back. This should be a place to learn strategy and toon combos, not a ladder to climb just to reach an impassable wall. FYI, still can't stand the protection mod. Doesn't even make sense. Characters should have a respective amount of health. "Protection" isn't even a thing in Star Wars.

Just a question - have you tried sending in a few "suicide squads" [as I call them]? By sending them in, you'll target the AI's major abilities and when you use your main A team squad, it'll be more feasible to win.
  • stumpoman
    442 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    I've been running Emperor (L), TFP, RG, Aayla, Daka.
    Gets me through just about everything. They won't beat you if they are always stunned
  • Everyday people cry about GW. I'm at 4/10 on the GW achievement, and usually lose on node 12 everyday, but I don't care. I still won a good amount of credits. Maybe I'm old school but I remember playing games like Mario and mega man as a kid and throwing controllers across the room, spending days trying to beat a level. I don't understand **** is the problem with not being able to beat GW every day. Maybe you people just aren't as good of a player as you think you are.
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    My alt account I'm farming clones so yes it's a slow farm and I don't have many other characters leveled and geared up yet, today marked the second time in the level 70s that I've had a chaze team on my 6th node, after trying different combos for an hour I took a break, came back later and tried again, finally I beat them bit lost one whole team and 4/5 on the second team (sun fac was a beast and took out their srp and baze on his own) I could understand these teams being on the 11th or 12th node but on 6? Come on man that ain't even right!
  • Drax_77 wrote: »
    My alt account I'm farming clones so yes it's a slow farm and I don't have many other characters leveled and geared up yet, today marked the second time in the level 70s that I've had a chaze team on my 6th node, after trying different combos for an hour I took a break, came back later and tried again, finally I beat them bit lost one whole team and 4/5 on the second team (sun fac was a beast and took out their srp and baze on his own) I could understand these teams being on the 11th or 12th node but on 6? Come on man that ain't even right!

How often do you lose on the node 6? I've lost before on it as well but it is not often
  • Osik
    235 posts Member
    I agree with the intent to make I agree with the intent to make GW challenging, but the final stages are becoming ridiculous-- as in impossible. I tried combinations of maxed out squads against the final battle against "EpicFail". No way to win. I want a challenge, but a challenge that can be won. Please dial it back. This should be a place to learn strategy and toon combos, not a ladder to climb just to reach an impassable wall. FYI, still can't stand the protection mod. Doesn't even make sense. Characters should have a respective amount of health. "Protection" isn't even a thing in Star Wars.

i used my 44K rebels, which usually got me thru node 9, then my arena team (hk lead, 88,86, JE, stHan) to finish up, but now i use my 41k empire team- EP lead, vader , RG, TFP and EE and i can finish without losing a single hero... buff immunity and stun are amazing, try to build and empire team and youll cruise thru it...
  • I ran into a team with zeta QGJ and zeta Barriss today, I had to use more than just my main six GW toons.
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Maljr1980 wrote: »
    Drax_77 wrote: »

How often do you lose on the node 6? I've lost before on it as well but it is not often

I don't think I've ever lost on 6 I keep retreating until I get past it but losing almost 2 full teams on 6 is a bit ridiculous.