Need advice on new Arena Team

Zeitgeist
9 posts Member
edited January 2016
Hey guys,

I'm playing on a quite new server (no max level yet) and made it up to level 54 by now. I can do quite well in Arena and GW using a team of Sid (5*) Lead, Lumi (5*), Daka (4*), Barriss (4*) and GS (just got him 5*).

Since I really needed to unlock a couple of new characters (couldn't complete the tank challenge, was stuck in campaign progression) I focused on some new heroes. Especially Phasma from GW (will be 4* tonight) and ST Han from Arena (will unlock tonight).

In Cantina I unlocked QGJ and will have him at 3* tonight. I'm also at 27/50 shards for Fives since I've been farming his Missions for a while.

Now I'm wondering who to focus on next. Han doesn't seem to good for GW since I heard he's quite squishy but I'd like to try his massive turn meter manipulations for Arena.

One possibility would be a team of Phasma (L), Han, GS, Sid (or QGJ), Lumi/Daka/barriss, giving lot's of turn meter and assists but short on heal.

I'm also debatting if I should leave Phasma out for more direct damage (QGJ) or more durability (another healer). Or would it be better to just focus on Poe (leaving Han and QGJ behind) for the price of probably not completing tank challenges for a long time. Although i could try and get Fives before Poe, even at 3* he should help a lot with the tank challenge.

What do you guys thinks?

Replies

• Options
    Anyone please? :)
  • Options
    Sounds to me like you are doing just fine.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Options
    Pull out Barriss in favor of Phasma. She really at higher level play is not good in arena. Great for GW, just not in arena. I see her on 1 team on my highly competitive shard in the top 20, and honestly I think it is as a decoy to draw people in thinking easy fight as there are damage dealers on it, however she really is a wasted spot in arena given her weak hit.

I would keep Sid as lead as his Leader helps GS a lot, and GS gains meter on crit. Phasma is a great leader, so you can mix/match for your best fit for your style. My advice

Sid Lead
    Phasma
    Lumi
    Daka
    GS
  • Zeitgeist
    9 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Wow, having Phasma alone (4*, Gear VI) changed a lot.

With Phasma (L), Sid, Lumi, Daka and GS (all 4* to 5*, gear levels VI to VII) I managed to snipe 8th in Arena today. :) Team strength is at 16.368, guess I won't be able to hold that position for long, though.

I will definitely try the setup with Sid as Leader, thanks. Han is on his way to 4* and I guess I'll give him a try as soon as he has been upgraded a little. Really love the combined Offense, Ability block and heals from Lumi with Dakas Stuns and small heals. Wonder if I should even try to fit QGJ in there. Who would you drop for him?

And who would you drop for ST Han?
  • Options
    Yes. Just do what everyone else is doing. I have decide to go that route as well today. Sad to go cookie cutter but...