Drop rates in Mod Challenges

I just used 194 energies plus used a refresh for 100 gems in effort to gain more mods. That is enough for roughly 20 attempts for mods. Those efforts were rewarded with a measly 4 Mods from the top tier challenge. Here is my feedback...

I find it wrong that these are Mod challenges with no guarantee of Mods. It would be equivalent to running the top tier credit challenge and come away with no credits. I get that they can't give only the best every time, but to spend 16 energies a pop and come away with level 3 mods or no mods is very frustrating.

The drop rate issue does not stop with the Mod challenges. It goes the same for gear drops and character shards (although I understand this more than challenges specially designed to get an item).

This is the worst part of this game for me. Very frustrating.

Replies

• Options
    I came here to comment about mod challenges as well. They're bad.

That said, I think we're not supposed to use mod challanges as a way of actually getting mods. You'll only get left column - no arrows, triangles, or crosses. And even if they're 5 stars (which is rare) they'll only be white or green so you have minimal substats.

The only way to get good mods is through mod shipments or the mod pack.
  • Options
    All of the above is false. I have several of the right side mods that come from challenges. While the right side mods are more rare, they are not absent. The color of the mod is not limited to white or green either. I have unlocked mods of all colors from both sides at 5*. The sub stats are still there, they will unlock as you level up the mod.
  • RhuneSteihl
    71 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Horrible Bullsh*t. 100 crystals for absolutely nothing. Over and over. On my shard there is a guy with a 230 speed General Kenobi and a 270+ speed 5 star Chirrut. We are all friendly, so I know that he got these in the early stages when mods were first released.

We're not able to finish our Chirrut. We're getting new toons (Deathtrooper and Krennic) at 3 stars with no way to move up. On top of this, we have zero access to better mods unless we BUY packs which are 6 times as expensive as the daily crap and we still don't get anything. Mods are the WORST part of this game.

Hdxzvu.jpg
  • Options
    Drop rate? You mean they actually still drop?
  • Options
    The three dot triangle mod is an extra kick in the pants. Those triangles are the worst!
  • Options
    Ridiculous.
  • Options
    Yep seriously bad! Why the **** retention EA? Square, Square,Square, Diamond, Square,Square,Square,Square,Square,Square,Square,Square,Square, Plus, Square,Square,Square, Circle, Square, Square,Square... it get's old EA.
  • Options
    Dude, such it would take such simple algorithms added to drops for every aspect of this game to reward those who keep at it, that the lack thereof is proof of apathy towards player frustrations to a massive extent. It's the only possible conclusion.