borrow a heroe - darkside

Hi guys,

I don't know if any of you have the same problem that I have... It appears I can only borrow high-levelled but very poorly geared heroes in the Dark side battles against AI. I can explain the high level heroes because i'm, myself lvl 68, but when I'm trying to do any of the hard mode dark side battles I can only choose heroes with 1800 power or ish, which kinda sucks.. Can anyone help me figure out what is happening there? Is there a way I can get more powerful heroes to borrow? (important to say, I apparently have none of my allies' heroes available too in dark side battles.. )

Thanks guys!

IsThisThom
"Consider that a divorce"
- Douglas Quaid

Replies

• RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    I wonder if because you have Sid and or Phasma, they don't show up on the dark side as allies for you? I get lucky from time to time and get IG-88 or Boba Fett that is well geared and starred as a leader on one of my ally's teams. But since most people have sid or phasma as a leader for those missions, they are more common and if you have them, they won't show up. This is part speculation.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    Well this makes sense, I indeed have Phasma as my leader!
    IsThisThom
    - Douglas Quaid
  • RonTom
    268 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Don't run Phasma and Sid at the same time, you can always borrow the other... (I actually haven't farmed Sid at all).
  • Options
    Jeez... I 7-starred both of them!
    IsThisThom
    - Douglas Quaid
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    IsThisThom wrote: »
    Jeez... I 7-starred both of them!

Well there's no borrowing in arena and the gear challenges. You'll still find a use for them. :)
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Options
    Yes! It won't be in vain :)
    IsThisThom
    - Douglas Quaid
  • Options
    I am having this problem too. I have 35 allies yet I am only offered 1 or if I am lucky 2 characters to borrow and they are often very weak. Then the AI generated ones are a joke. Yet on the light side I am offered tons of great and powerful allies around my level. It's like dark side is handicapped on purpose. I have a hard time believing out of my 35 allies none of them have any decent dark side characters.
  • Options
    Phasma and Sid to 7 star makes for awesome Arena and GW battles. This has no influence WHAT-SO-EVER on your allies' characters in Storyline Missions. The DS ally system just seems to be a bit glitched. Or it's some sort of vicious circle where nobody wants to run DS missions anymore, causing their own allies to have no ally available and so on.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    Like someone said you need to change up your squad. I used to get about 15 Phasma allies and it stopped 2 days ago. I thought it was because of update, but was that I accidentally put my Phasma in my team and therefore none of them would show up. Subbed out my Phasma and they all came back.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think that's it. On the Light Side, I constantly see Lumi and I have her on my team. If I select her as a borrowed hero, the game substitutes her with someone else from my roster.

This worked the same way with Chewie when I was lower level. I would always see Chewie in the Borrow A Hero list even though he was, at the time, the leader on my team.

I've wondered about about the Dark Side loaners for a while but just never questioned it here.
  • Options
    Could the OP please try and remove one of the two mentioned characters from his team and post what he finds because this is starting to get interesting. I've ALWAYS had 5 Sids to choose from since so many run him as leader and I don't have him on my. I've NEVER seen a Phasma and assumed it was because I used her?
  • Options
    I have been wanting a good ally Daka to borrow, but never see one. And I don't own her, but I would safely bet that at least half of my allies do have her.

Does she need to be their leader? Because if so, that's sucky. It'd be a nice feature to choose who you offer up as your ally.
    Of all the quotes, in all the bars, in all the world, you had to walk into mine.
  • Options
    i have also kinda same problem. can borrow only 1000-2000 power champs, they all complete ****, and kinda struggling now in the 7th missions of dark side.
    in light side i dont have this problem cuz no lumi/quigon so i see tons of lumis and quigons to borrow.
    dark side? impossible.
  • Options
    @Nitrocity yes, they are the team leaders
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    I had the same issue. Apparently all of my allies use phasma or sid. So to be nice i switched my dark side leader to ig-88. I wish one of my allies left daka as leader as i do not have her yet.
  • jtveclipse12
    158 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I had the same issue. 35 allies and hardly ever seen an ally to borrow in the dark side.

I removed my phasma and did a battle. Now i always have better geared phasmas show up in the allies. This frees up a slot for me to add another ds toon from my list.
  • Options
    I just took plasma off my team to give this a test. It really works. I had 7 plasma options show up in the next battle selection alone. I've never seen more then 3 choices of player-character allies at once before.

So, I guess that tells us just how much everyone is using the same 2 characters in dark side.
    Of all the quotes, in all the bars, in all the world, you had to walk into mine.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    I see 7* Sids and 7* Phasma all the time. Several of themm It's actually pretty nice compared to light side.
    Of course if you use them yourself you wont get the option
  • Options
    To @RonTom I tried to take Phasma or Sid from my team and the selected removed-from-my-team-heroe showed up on the borrow a heroe list... but i kinda feel that there's more to it... In the pvp section many people use HK as a leader.. or Duku.. but they never seem to appear in the regular section of borrow a heroe, only the lame 1000-2000 power heroe. I feel like this problem must be adressed by the developing team..
    IsThisThom
    - Douglas Quaid
  • Options
    I don't think there's more to it. Sure, alot of people run HK47 or Dooku, but not compared to Phasmas and Sids. My guess would be 90% use one of those two as the darkside leader... So then your best option is to change allies...
  • Options
    It is a bug regardless of the workaround. That isn't how it works for the light side. Plus you don't pick your team until after you borrow.