48Bu0MU.png
Battle 11

DFS4ZAO.png
Battle 12

YVzfRbS.png
The Final Blow

hkvygWQ.png
44th Full Clear

Report: Today was pretty easy not quite as easy as Monday or Tuesday, but still considerably easier than last week. The hardest battle for me was Battle 7. Mainly because Chewbacca had only about 30% health from the previous Battle because I was unable to heal him before the end of the battle. Because of this I was unable to use him to taunt and even though the AI was not focus firing him him they kept killing either Jedi Consular or Sidious forcing me to retreat. I believe I had to retreat about 5 times before I found a kill order that allowed everyone to live. I believe I ended up having to kill Captain Phasma first.

The only other moderately difficult battle was battle 11 which required about 2 retreats before I managed to clear it with everyone alive. All the other battles were pretty easy. The matchmaking has been very favorable this week compared to last week where most of the battles from 9 to 12 looked much like Battle 11 today. No substitutions or suicide squads were needed today. This is my 44th full clear of GW and I haven't failed to clear one since December.

Best ever Arena Rank: 108
Current Arena Rank; 147
Starting Time: 6am CST

Replies

• Davo
    121 posts Member
    Options
    lucky you, im getting full 7* squads by battle 3 anymore
  • Options
    Davo wrote: »
    lucky you, im getting full 7* squads by battle 3 anymore

Yeah it seems pretty common either people get a mostly easy run or a very difficult run. Not sure what the common denominator is.
  • Options
    Wow. That was easy.
  • Davo
    121 posts Member
    Options
    lets take a look at some of mine, i missed a couple of opponent screenshots.
    battle one opened with my easiest opening battle all week. i am thinking to myself, hoorah an easy day
    KJbm3bP.jpg
    then battle two, reality sunk in
    y4LUidN.jpg
    3 wasnt bad but then 4 hit
    dMxeOZr.jpg
    5 was average and then boom 6
    ydv2iex.jpg
    and into 7
    bMCI19o.jpg
    ZIkj6Vn.jpg
    RUWfnE4.jpg
    and now i sit on fight 10, broken and battered
    GqtdX8c.jpg
    if i get to 11, i'll let you know what it is
  • Options
    I have only cleared 11 GW battles total, and my runs look nothing like what Robbathehutt gets, but more like Davo gets. I have less power than Robbathehutt, 23,200 or so. I also have ZERO 7* characters, but face them by round 4, and usually 2 or more by round 7. The last completion it took my entire squad, losing 15-20 characters before getting the win. It must be the server. I'm holding around 400th on my server. It's a tough grind to get 600-800 tokens a day. I'm close to getting my first 7*.
  • Davo
    121 posts Member
    Options
    and battle 11
    uCvfR12.jpg

• Options
    FolsomTony wrote: »
    I have only cleared 11 GW battles total, and my runs look nothing like what Robbathehutt gets, but more like Davo gets. I have less power than Robbathehutt, 23,200 or so. I also have ZERO 7* characters, but face them by round 4, and usually 2 or more by round 7. The last completion it took my entire squad, losing 15-20 characters before getting the win. It must be the server. I'm holding around 400th on my server. It's a tough grind to get 600-800 tokens a day. I'm close to getting my first 7*.

You definitely don't just fight people from your own server in gw, that is 100% known, anything else I am yet to bind to from personal experience :)
  • Options
    I run into at least 2 capped teams every GW that can kill at least one of my guys in their opening salvo. I had a Leia hit me for 19,000 once. When your arena team is capped, GW will be insanely difficult.
  • Davo
    121 posts Member
    Options
    somehow i got to the end. i have 5 people left and one is a level 1 with no credits or droids for training.

6aS5k2L.jpg

• Options
    Im the same lvl as you and opposing teams start at lvl 60. Having tough as hell fights by rnd 4. So stupid how they did this.
  • Davo
    121 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    im level 67, that run of people went through everyone i have, i was even throwing all my level 1's at things as cooldown killers. i matched up against my opponents and used the best opposition i could put up against them. that was just a brutal mess that started at fight 2 and never let up. most days i at least get 1 or 2 fights that are easy and i can heal up a few people. on this day most battles started with people hurt or yellow health barred. just brutal, dethklok brutal. I guess it is time to lose the fun and game planning aspect and just cookie cutter three healer it -_-
  • Options
    No wonder some people say GW is a cake walk lol.
    I am lower level than you, and face mid 60's 7* gear 8 since node 2.
  • Options
    I have another GW run brick walled at round 8. My highest character is 62 and I'm facing a full team of 6*+ lvl 67s, all geared in epics. I tried throwing my suicide squad at them to bait cooldowns just to watch them get picked off by basic attacks. Even the enemy Sid didn't bother doing his AoE.
  • Options
    Im lvl 69 with a top arena finish of 3rd place, but today was also an easy day. My theory is that after the level cap was raised the ptp players rushed ahead of us ftp so when I did gw around lvl 65 and gw decided I should fight a harder team, one based on level or power or whatever it be, it chose the ptp players who spent money to reach lvl 70 before the rest of us. These teams were not only the right lvl and power that gw was looking for, but becaus only ptp teams fit the criteria they were fully upgraded and contained 7* qgj,leia,fotp,old bens and so on. Therefore they were crazy hard. One day I fought 3 teams with 7* Leia and Poe and qgj.

But now that the ftp players are catching up, facing these teams has become rarer. We even face players who didn't start at the hard launch who may be level 67 and ranked in their top ten, but didn't get the same opportunity to grind the gear, droids, and credits to fully upgrade all their main characters.
  • Options
    Level 67 and you got that. I seriously envy you
  • Options
    im level 67, that run of people went through everyone i have, i was even throwing all my level 1's at things as cooldown killers. i matched up against my opponents and used the best opposition i could put up against them. that was just a brutal mess that started at fight 2 and never let up. most days i at least get 1 or 2 fights that are easy and i can heal up a few people. on this day most battles started with people hurt or yellow health barred. just brutal, dethklok brutal. I guess it is time to lose the fun and game planning aspect and just cookie cutter three healer it -_-

You're GW was pretty rough, good job on making to the end.
  • Options
    Your GW looks a look like my GW. The problem is I'm level 54 :( I can't beat 7star purple geared level 66 guys with any combination.
  • Davo
    121 posts Member
    Options
    the worst news is that was my easiest set of battles in the last 4 days. im starting to feel punished for having a deep squad, epspecially with several people i talk to about gw, that consistently get easy sets, all saying they focus on very few characters at all and only have what has unlocked incidentally. silly me, going for depth of squad
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Options
    GW is such a mystery. I coast through EVERY day using the same five toons for almost every battle and rarely need to use a retreat. Level 65 now and I haven't lost one, or really even had a good challenge since the mid 40s. *knocks on wood*
  • Options
    the worst news is that was my easiest set of battles in the last 4 days. im starting to feel punished for having a deep squad, epspecially with several people i talk to about gw, that consistently get easy sets, all saying they focus on very few characters at all and only have what has unlocked incidentally. silly me, going for depth of squad

I have a very deep roster too, so I doubt it has anything to do with it.
  • Options
    I've completed GC 30 times. Today was toughest I've seen it. I just hit level 70 but like most people I don't have a ton of level 70 toons. I mean just to 7* a guy and level him from 60-70 it costs like 2 million credits. When you star hitting all capped teams with max gear early it is very difficult because if you lose anyone it's hard to replace. I was hopping for Poe and Droid teams capped cause they are pretty easy if you throw cannon fodder to burn their Taunts and Offense ups and AoE. No such luck.

Phasma 7*
    Daka 7*
    Dooku 7*
    Han 7*
    FOTP 7*

Most horrible horrible team I've ever faced it was terrible my team was useless once they started calling in assists and stuns it was like they would get 20 attacks and the FOTP would OHK someone. It was a nightmare had to do it like 8 times and get lucky but it was an evil evil team.
  • Options
    I initially had very easy time with GW. Then out of the blue for 4-5 days I couldn't complete it because I kept getting teams that were far above my position. However, I seem to be back on the winning path again. I have won the past three days. :-/
  • ccfoo
    154 posts Member
    Options
    I have quite easy runs these few days, lvl 69 now. Didn't encounter the squads @davo faced. Perhaps cause I only got 3 7*, although arena 21-50.
  • Options
    Ran into a lvl 59 Phasma 5* team today as a level 46 player
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    out by battle 6 tonight. AI is too smart. Targetted lumi and JC from battle one. And I refuse to play CG's game with retreating 20 times to get a good RNG draw
  • Options
    I got 7* 70 teams by node 3, but green/blue gear level 65 teams on nodes 11 and 12.

My new theory is that by the end the difficulty was so high that stack overfloweth.

Also, I met Fives in 4 battles today. Weird.