Boba Fett buyer's remorse? Calling on Boba fans...

Qeltar
4326 posts Member
edited December 2015
So I used my first 6400 Cantina credits unlocking this guy, immediately leveled him up to my character level.. and he was unimpressive. So then I spent a bunch more resources getting him up to gear level 6... and he's STILL unimpressive.
Does decent damage but not great. His special looks good on paper but in actual fights it is resisted over 80% of the time.
My current "big 5" are Barriss, Luminara, Asajj, Dooku and Sideous. I will have Vader unlocked soon as well. I like using Boba for his special at the start of a big fight in GW, and for mop-up duty. He also helps my dark side team. I don't regret getting him, but I'm not sure it's worth spending more on him.
Now I got him in part because on occasion I would borrow someone else's Boba and the guy would just cream everything. But I'm starting to think this was just because he was higher level than my other characters. :(
Does he advance particularly well at higher star levels? Am I missing something?
I either keep working on him or maybe unlock Old Daka (another one people say is great but she I have never been impressed with at all...)
Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.

Replies

• Sysy
    307 posts Member
    Options
    I am caught in the same situation. The Boba I unlocked is good but not great at gear lvl 4. Both Luke and Ventress at a lower lvl does more damage than him. Perhaps Boba needs a team to shine.
    swgoh.gg/u/Sysydrexler007
  • Options
    I like Boba. Got him on 6*, Gear 7 1/2. All skills on lvl 5. Hes my Leader right now. The 45% crit damage for my Darth maul are insane. I think hes goodness depends on which guys you have in your Team. I use an crit build, so its Pretty nice
  • Options
    Alex wrote: »
    I like Boba. Got him on 6*, Gear 7 1/2. All skills on lvl 5. Hes my Leader right now. The 45% crit damage for my Darth maul are insane. I think hes goodness depends on which guys you have in your Team. I use an crit build, so its Pretty nice

Who do you have on your Crit team? I've just started using the Resistance Pilot as a finisher in GW, the guy is a MONSTER.
    "....a substantial reward for the one who finds the Millennium Falcon. You are free to use any methods necessary, but I want them alive. No disintegration."

Ally Code 889-785-821
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options

Thanks. It may be that he just needs the right team, not the hodgepodge I have right now.
    Also I realized that when I borrow him I get the effects of his leadership skill, and I don't right now because he's not in the leader spot. That makes a difference.
    I think I will keep working on him. I'd rather star him up than start dealing with Daka anyway.
  • Options

Who do you have on your Crit team? I've just started using the Resistance Pilot as a finisher in GW, the guy is a MONSTER.

I have both resistance and tie pilot and hands down tie pilot is better. He's same gear but 1 star lower than resistance and he out doses him 10 fold. Granted, resist does have higher speed and expose which is beautiful. Tie pilot though, when someone hits 50% hp, gets a buff to armor pen and while he has bat buff (advantage) has 60% to double attack his auto. Also, if you attack someone with auto while they're above 50% and get them to that theshold, you can shoot 3 times. Basically eliminates someone with 1 turn (happens like 50% of the time I shoot someone with it). Most of the times I don't even bother using his snipe bc auto is so Op.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »

Thanks. It may be that he just needs the right team, not the hodgepodge I have right now.
    Also I realized that when I borrow him I get the effects of his leadership skill, and I don't right now because he's not in the leader spot. That makes a difference.
    I think I will keep working on him. I'd rather star him up than start dealing with Daka anyway.

His leadership is 20% crit which is the highest in the game. He's also a tank class so he's not going to dps like a glass cannon. But he's one of those survivor builds that does good dmg over time, as the fight progresses. So he's a tank with great leadership and aoe. Not impressive like dooku or anything but dooku also has no real hp. Just a bunch of bonus attacks.
  • Options
    At endgame these squishy characters such as Ventress and Dooku are nothing more than easy kills. I have Boba 6* and putting aside his ability block, his consistent damage, his rez ability and his awesome leader skill.....he can take damage like a champ. So he is able to stick around much longer than these Dooku type characters that don't make it through the first round.

These squishie characters shine at lower level because you're not fighting big hitters. They are able to hang in there a few rounds to get the most out of there strengths. But at the current endgame to give an example with stacked Dots it not surprising to see my Vader crit for 6k with culling blade. Not surprising to see Landos AOE hit 4k+ crit. Even Luminara can hit 4k+ crit. You take a character like Dooku or Ventress they are dead or a bar or two from it by the second round.

They said the meta currently is healer heavy teams. I strongly disagree. High AOE and single target big hitters will wipe a heavy healer team out without any worry of losing. But Boba can take the big aoes and the big single dpsr's and still be standing the next round. Boba is just an all around solid well rounded tank.
  • Options
    My Team isnt as good as i wish for... Its a glasscanon"build". Darth Maul crits like ~8k if all is buffs are up. My Leia hits like **** too. If Iam lucky she can deal 4- 6k damage. Luminara is a good supporter. She can heal and hits hard. 2-4k damage. And Boba is leader, so i get some crit damage. HK-47 is awesome. Hits Hard and eat a lot of damage.
  • Options
    WhipiT wrote: »
    At endgame these squishy characters such as Ventress and Dooku are nothing more than easy kills. I have Boba 6* and putting aside his ability block, his consistent damage, his rez ability and his awesome leader skill.....he can take damage like a champ. So he is able to stick around much longer than these Dooku type characters that don't make it through the first round.

These squishie characters shine at lower level because you're not fighting big hitters. They are able to hang in there a few rounds to get the most out of there strengths. But at the current endgame to give an example with stacked Dots it not surprising to see my Vader crit for 6k with culling blade. Not surprising to see Landos AOE hit 4k+ crit. Even Luminara can hit 4k+ crit. You take a character like Dooku or Ventress they are dead or a bar or two from it by the second round.

They said the meta currently is healer heavy teams. I strongly disagree. High AOE and single target big hitters will wipe a heavy healer team out without any worry of losing. But Boba can take the big aoes and the big single dpsr's and still be standing the next round. Boba is just an all around solid well rounded tank.

This is probably true for the highest of the high end players, specifically those who did soft launch or those who are high $$ spenders. I've played every day since the hard launch right around thanksgiving, always going as far as possible in GW, trying to play with synergetic teams, actually following a lot of the advice you've given on the boards. That said, I'm still 20 shards away from getting Vader. I paid for Dooku, but the rest of my chars have been attained via grinding them out. Ventress, for my level and who I'm going up against, is a great character and can cause some serious trouble.

I have no doubt that Lando/Vader/Boba when they're all 6 or 7 * characters are nearly unstoppable compared to the rest of the current field of toons, but I'd be willing to bet that there are very, very few players that are at your caliber/level that can take advantage.
    "....a substantial reward for the one who finds the Millennium Falcon. You are free to use any methods necessary, but I want them alive. No disintegration."

Ally Code 889-785-821
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Still, that's valuable information since I specifically asked if it was worth continuing to invest in him. From 4* to 7* is 20,000 cantina credits... sigh... :)
  • Options
    That tie fighter pilot one shot my Luke last night. He does seem nasty.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Well, everyone who has logged in every day this month will have that tie fighter pilot on Tuesday (with free upgrades later in the month) so it should be interesting to see how much he gets used.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    So kinda funny, I just did a dark side mission, and in the 3rd round I see the graphic as my Boba Fett gets knocked out. But then I look again, oh, he's still there! And it was Talia's turn. Heal, finished with all 6 up.
    Pretty cool..except I still only got 2 stars. Oh well.
  • Options

Resistance Pilot is one of my faves. Preach on brutha.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Options
    I had faced him this one time in arena. I don't remember who else was on the team. I think fives Barriss and some other stuff. I decide to get rid of bobafett first. I get the killing blow on him and he revived. I'm like "whatever ok" then killed him not once but twice more! and each time he self revived lol it was hilariously not funny lol. Wasted a whole turn and they ended up picking my Daka off. If you love bobafett like I do he's worth it.

But I will say it determines how good of a team you have to build around him and how fast you want to level/star him up to pull his own weight.
    467-325-146
    Pretty good collection of characters so far and GROWING
  • Options
    Got to disagree re ventress she's not that squishy - level 57 consistently top 50 in the Arena - she can debuff (and despite what it says this heals entire team). Her AOE is good and refreshes cool down if you get a kill on it. Plus she has stun chance on normal attack. Just use a taunter like Poe or Han to avoid her slight squishiness issues.
    I started on my partners phone had tie fighter pilot, then bought a new iPad and this month it's that gunslinger dood - miss that tie fighter pilot so much! Having said that he is useless when being controlled by AI - I always take him out first turn, squishy thing that he is ...
    Bobafett really unsure on - I can never land his ability block despite the fact it's meant to be 65% - building him up for a possible sub into my team but not sure he cuts it ...
  • Options
    Ps I agree with whip it re healing teams - I haven't bought any characters (I never saw dooku fir $5 even though I started in December - what the?) and I always cream the teams with 2 or 3 healers - I use Sid to heal immunity one of their nasties then lay into him, same on the next and it's all over. Level 57 and position 37 is my best finish in arena this week
  • Options
    I'd be patient with Boba.

I can see him in a stronger meta in the future
  • Options
    You can't just throw boba in a team and exponent performance. He is best in a high damage crit based aoe team. He is most useful in lead with some high end characters like Poe poggle maul Sid lando leia ig88
    In your team he will be unimpressive
  • Options
    Bobba needs to be paired with toons that take advantage of his crit.

Bobba (L)
    Poggle
    Poe
    IG88
    IG86/Lando/Cad (situational)

GG
  • Options
    He is good as an AOE team leader
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    This is a necro'ed thread from early December. My opinion on Boba is if anything even worse since then... with his Buff in the "Order 66 Patch", Sideous is simply better than Boba, and I never use Boba for anything except "GW emergencies".
    Maybe he'll be better later. Right now, he's not very good.
    As for Asajj, yes, she is squishy. You'll notice it more when you get to cap and start seeing the big hitters. Mine is 6* and level 66 and against a high offense team I'm lucky if she gets one turn before she's killed.