Make droids great again

kylorexx42
302 posts Member
edited February 2017
I've been playing sense late Aug 2015 I believe. I'm level 85 with 37 7* toons. Soon 40 in just a day or 2... I started with droids and maxed them. They have always been my arena team. I have good rebels and empire is coming along well. My Jedi are horrible and jawas and most sith maxed too. Here's my swgoh.gg. https://swgoh.gg/u/kylorexx420/ anyway in the past my arena team never fell past 50. Wether I choose 86 or k2. The basic hk,88,b2,je, never failed me. Now I wake up and check arena I'm at 119...I play this game every day I constantly check and use engery and come here to the fourms. So I understand meta changes and zetas are getting amazing blah blah blah.I'm just saying we need droideka asap for the separatist. This toon needs to bring droids back. Droids are the hero of the f2p. I understand you need to make money but there needs to be a universal staple. Or give us a zeta no joke k2 was the worst zeta I've ever seen omg it made me laugh so much. Anyway with sith coming what team could I use besides droids if you checked my swgoh comment and let me know.

Replies

• Options
    Go maul. Sith etc.
  • Options
    Jay_cube1 wrote: »
    Go maul. Sith etc.

Well my only hiccup is next week I'll be able to start to farm zetas -_-
  • Options
    Evolution baby
  • Options
    Jay_cube1 wrote: »
    Go maul. Sith etc.

So ep lead until then?
  • Options
    Palp, maul, tfp, boba, rg. You'll be happy with rebel stomping.
  • Options
    Mike1980 wrote: »
    Evolution baby

Yes i understand that however there are so many things they can do with droids plus they need ships (;
  • Options
    CleverWes wrote: »
    Palp, maul, tfp, boba, rg. You'll be happy with rebel stomping.

My tfp,boba, and rg are on the lower side. And Idk id go vader before boba just not my style
  • Options
    Sounds like you already know what you should do then lol.
  • Options
    Power creep is definitely hurting the game. Droids used to be a nasty team (and can still be), but these new metas are leaving them behind, too. Not as bad as other teams (Jedi, Nightsisters, etc.) but they're falling behind.
  • Options
    CleverWes wrote: »
    Sounds like you already know what you should do then lol.

I do i guess I just don't want to come to terms with it. I wanna play droids man 88 was my 1st 7* because I love that toon. And I just hope GG gets rework or a droid zeta pops up or a new droid I don't care I just hate the idea of going with the meta. Droids have always been counter-meta imo
  • Options
    Power creep is definitely hurting the game. Droids used to be a nasty team (and can still be), but these new metas are leaving them behind, too. Not as bad as other teams (Jedi, Nightsisters, etc.) but they're falling behind.

Yes that's what I'm saying droids have always been a sort of counter meta... a few rouge players always stirring up the top 20
  • Options
    We need to be relevant
  • Options
    Ships and IG-100/Grevious taunt synergy would be a start.
  • Options
    Why exactly do droids, of all things, need to be meta proof? As opposed to Empire/Rebels/Jedi? Jedi are in much more need of a faction pass than droids (though I'd support a GG/Magna rework down the line).

Farm some new toons/gear like the rest of us. You cant just sit on the same **** team since JE was introduced.
  • Options
    Make CUP Great Again
  • Options
    I thought the game launched in November 2015 :/
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Seriously, farm other factions. Resistance is based on the same principle as droids and are quite easy to star.
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Droids are definitely falling behind these days. Maybe next month, or the one after, the devs will rework separatists and/or droids?
    Also, if anyone is interested, I made my own rework for General Grievous and IG-100 Magnaguard. Currently they're both terrible (100 is arguable) but they should be really good, especially Grievous, so I made a rework for them on how I think they should be. Maybe if my posts get popular enough the devs will rework him like in my reworks :) My reworks have really nice synergy between them too, which is great because that's how they should be.
    IG-100: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/93059/ig-100-magnaguard-rework-idea
    Grievous: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/88065/general-grievous-rework-idea-updated/p1

And also, I use droids in my arena and get top 5 every day usually. The only teams i can't beat are Chaze (i win very rarely) and Zaul teams, so if your arena has a lot of those then I'm sorry about that, I feel your pain :(
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Devs have said that Droideka will not be included as a playable character in the game.

But, I agree on droids. Lack of ships, and zeta abilities, really hinders them. Their squishyness also really hurts them, and in the tank raid they die way too fast outside of phase 2 and 4. Also, because they rely so much on protection, it makes them less of a good option for galactic war.
  • Options
    Mzee wrote: »
    Devs have said that Droideka will not be included as a playable character in the game

When did they say this?
  • Options
    Devs have said that Droideka will not be included as a playable character in the game.

But, I agree on droids. Lack of ships, and zeta abilities, really hinders them. Their squishyness also really hurts them, and in the tank raid they die way too fast outside of phase 2 and 4. Also, because they rely so much on protection, it makes them less of a good option for galactic war.

Sorry, but you can auto most GW with droids... Their TM gain at begin if the battle cripple all team when they have a chance to take turn...
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    STRIKEBOMB wrote: »
    Devs have said that Droideka will not be included as a playable character in the game

When did they say this?
    CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    These droids are a support pve unit only. Similar to the support droids flanking the bosses in challenges. They aren't going to be units players can obtain. As I've said elsewhere, Assault Battles feature unique mechanics to make them more challenging. These droids in Ground War are just an extension of that.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/900448#Comment_900448

I see that I misread. I thought of shield generator droids as being the droidekas. My bad...
  • Options
    You said yourself that you started in August 2015 and you've always run droids. No other arena team has been viable for more than three or four months. You've gotten more than your money's worth. Move on.
  • Options
    STRIKEBOMB wrote: »

When did they say this?
    CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    These droids are a support pve unit only. Similar to the support droids flanking the bosses in challenges. They aren't going to be units players can obtain. As I've said elsewhere, Assault Battles feature unique mechanics to make them more challenging. These droids in Ground War are just an extension of that.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/900448#Comment_900448

I see that I misread. I thought of shield generator droids as being the droidekas. My bad...

Ok good, cause droidekas would have some awesome mechanics to them.
  • Options
    Why do so many people think one team should always be viable but everyone not using that team should have to constantly adjust for the meta.

Droids have had a longer run as arena viable than any other team out there.

I think its great that other teams are finally getting a boost and a chance at becoming arena viable.

I'm sure droids will rise again but hopefully we get to see some other meta teams for a while first.
  • Options
    To OP: you are falling in ranking not because of your droids, but because if your mods.

You have 1 mod with more than 12 additional speed, no wonder you can't compete. You should speed up your JE so that you can manipulate turn order at the 180 speed level...
  • Options
    kylorexx42 wrote: »
    We need to be relevant

Assuming we here is droids, you guys not relevant enough at raids and galactic war?
  • Options
    Droids are falling woefully behind. Many other teams received buffs and droids are (long) obsolete.

My leaderboard used to be around 25% droid teams and now there is just one or two in the top 50. I used to rank 1-5 every day with my current droid squad. Now barely top 50... I stopped trying after awhile when the teams started being unbeatable.

https://swgoh.gg/u/manowar/

• Options
    You said yourself that you started in August 2015 and you've always run droids. No other arena team has been viable for more than three or four months. You've gotten more than your money's worth. Move on.

This.
    This is a signature.