Barriss or Mace for the jedi challenge

Merilon
143 posts Member
edited February 2016
Hey all,

I need your input. So far I have Lumi and JC at 7*.
To be able to do the challenge as soon as the patch hits I need 3 more Jedis in my squad... I will go for Eeth Koth in squad arena because I have some tokens stockpiled anyways. In cantina shipments I will go for QGJ (3* atm).

Now the question is, who should I get from cantina fights? Barriss or Mace? I assume Mace can be farmed a little faster because his node costs less energy.

So my question is, who of these two chars might have the better overall value in the game (considering poasible Arena meta shifts mostly)?
I know it is hard to tell without all the changes (e.g. Mace buff) being live.. but what would you do?
Post edited by Merilon on

Replies

• Options
    I'd love to see how useful Mace is after the patch goes live. He could be interesting.

Personally, I'm finishing up my Barriss to 7*s
  • Merilon
    143 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I am curious about this as well. And in my case I have unlocked none of those two... that is why I am asking
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    I think it's more probable that your Jedi team needs damage than it needs a third healer
  • Options
    I am in the exact same shoes as you.

Quick question, is Barriss in Catina 6A?
  • Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    I think it's more probable that your Jedi team needs damage than it needs a third healer

Good point but I hope the challenge will be designed in a way that it is beatable regardless of the composition as long as you have the 5 Jedis required. That is why I am asking this question regarding overall usefulness esp. in Arena.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    I don't use healers in Arena anymore, but it's hard to predict if meta will change. Mace sounds good with Resistance with all the expose stuff.
  • Options
    Yes she is in 6a
  • Merilon
    143 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    bbmiLo wrote: »
    I am in the exact same shoes as you.

Quick question, is Barriss in Catina 6A?

Yes Cantina 6A and costs are 12 energy (Mace only 10). But I also just saw that Barriss has 2 hard modes on top in contrast to Mace having just 1. So both should Level up equally fast if using all options
  • Options
    I don't use healers in Arena anymore, but it's hard to predict if meta will change. Mace sounds good with Resistance with all the expose stuff.

Very true. I start to lean towards Mace as well. Barriss has some nice advantages as well though -,- decisions decisions.
  • Options
    Well I am not facing a tough decision because I am level 64, not gonna wait until 69 to farm Barriss. Mace it is then lol.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Merilon wrote: »

Very true. I start to lean towards Mace as well. Barriss has some nice advantages as well though -,- decisions decisions.

I have 4* Barris and she was helpful fir s while in GW. Still plan to 7* her some day. But Mace is faster to farm in Cantina, and more helpful in the Jedi challenge I think
  • Options
    good luck getting shards for Bariss. I have been trying to unlock her since the beginning of January. I think after this mornings rounds, I have 40 of the 80 shards. I you only get three attempts for each of the two places where I can currently unlock her. Then you can refresh it for 50 gems.

Many times after doing all six sims at the two locations I'll get 1 shard. :-(
  • Options
    good luck getting shards for Bariss. I have been trying to unlock her since the beginning of January. I think after this mornings rounds, I have 40 of the 80 shards. I you only get three attempts for each of the two places where I can currently unlock her. Then you can refresh it for 50 gems.

Many times after doing all six sims at the two locations I'll get 1 shard. :-(

Indeed, but luckily I could already farm her in cantina 6A. Otherwise I would not consider her for getting 5 Jedis to 7 stars fast
  • Options
    Merilon wrote: »

I have 4* Barris and she was helpful fir s while in GW. Still plan to 7* her some day. But Mace is faster to farm in Cantina, and more helpful in the Jedi challenge I think

Thanks for the input everyone. Guess I will try Mace and leave Barriss for later when I got Mace and Dooku finished.
  • Options
    Meuchel send in your Twitter or mobile to chat about our server to get #1 and #2 everyday. Cheers