HK-47 - is he worth it?

I need a 5th to round out my Dark Side squad & I see he's available in one of those bundle packs. Right now I have Dooku, Talia, Royal Guard & Snowtrooper.

Replies

• Options
    30+ views but no responses. So I guess he's not worth it?
  • Options
    IMO, not currently. He is only really good against Jedi, or to lead a droid team (which isn't really viable at the moment).

Too situation for early game investment.
  • Options
    Farm Sid in arena and just use a filler til then? Or better yet farm Daka in cantina…or farm both of them and drop royal guard.
  • Options
    I think he's good, but you would need to upgrade his leadership ability and run with droids. I'm currently running level 4 leadership and he's great.
  • Options
    I just got him! *Dance around

I really like droids, I have a working PVP team now, but I want my **** droids.

Here's the optimal droid team setup for you (only use it if you have them all, 4* and above, which is hard):
    1. HK-47 (that sick leader skill, 25% crit chance. adds 30% turn meter on critical hit, AoE crits against 3 units or more, and you get another turn instantly! Applies to all droids MUWAHAHAA)
    2. IG-88 (Has AoE to abuse, has self buff on crit dmg, has healing immunity 45% on basic, glass cannon)
    3. IG-86 (Has crit dmg self buff, skill calls for assisted attack, if assist is a droid 75% more crit dmg for both, omg **** one hit kills)
    4. IG-100 MagnaGuard (AoE, Offense down on enemies when landing crits, reduce turn meters, double chance of all effects on JEDI's, DIE JEDI SCUM)
    5. POOGLEEEE the lesser (why the poggle? buff 50% dmg and speed up to droids. 4% evade per droid alive, now he's ninja)

And... THERE'S GENERAL GRIEVOUS SOMEDAY, or Droidekas, or super battle droids, or the C3PO and R2D2s and medical droids and the list goes onnnnn!!

Droids! Droids! Droids!
  • Options
    And no heal? ^^
    Mein YouTube Channel mit Star Wars Heros Videos
    Teekanne - German
  • Options
    I ran a team with

Hk-47
    IG-88
    IG-86
    Poggle
    Barriss
    Was very strong and managed to get 1st in Arena in our young server at around lvl 40.

The charachter that seems to give me a hard time is Obiwan. He is so fast that he gets his silence off before I can get my damage going.

I've since swapt things out for a Jedi Defense team. Things go much slower, but I think it's a bit stronger in PVP
  • Options
    OK, I just got Poggle too.

I'm really happy as he is one of my few 80 shard heroes. I leveled Poggle up immediately.
    When the Droids Pack was offered, I bought it. I have both Droids to 4 stars and around level 35: IG-88 and HK 47.

Now,
    Leader: HK 47
    Poggle, IG-88, ______, _______

Who goes in my last two slot? I didn't invest in IG-86 ( I have no idea who he is ). I did pull a Geonesian Soldier (isn't he the same species as Poggle?). I don't know who else "meshes" well with Poggle.

SeroZero's post is excellent and informative.

Who else goes with Poggle. Please tell me he isn't limited to HK 47 and IG88 squads...

• Options
    Didn't they give you IG-86 with the Droid pack as well?

IG-86 is amazing. At 5* for me, his skill nukes a single target and calls for an assist well, allowing you to instantly snipe down any one who isn't a tank (hate dooku? Now you can OHKO him). Even against tanks and healers like Barriss with a mountain of HP, this one skill takes out 3/4 of their max HP if not killing them off. In terms of single target damage, I would say he is without rival when he crits.

Poggle can still be used as a simple buffer and ability blocker with his basic attack. But apart from that, he doesn't synergise well with anyone else.
  • Options
    @FashionFett I have HK *5, ig-88 5*, ig-86 4*, poggle 4*, and dooku 4* to fill the 5th for PVP. Dooku is just really useful for locking down jedis at the moment. I'm working on Magnaguard 3* currently. Going to see how he will be at 4* but I don't know If I'm going to be able replace dooku because of how effectively he locks down jedis.
  • HavokTrigger
    897 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Yeah use IG86. He is a heavy hitter and one of the easiest heroes to farm. He has a few hard modes, galaxy war shipments and he's in cantina
  • TavenRendar
    179 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    @HavokTrigger he's in Galactic war I believe, not cantina.
  • HavokTrigger
    897 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    @TavenRendar You can't buy him in cantina but there is a node you can farm him on
  • Options
    @HavokTrigger oh right! Sorry, I forgot because I stopped at magnaguard to farm him haha
  • Options
    Hk47 is a getto old ben but also fits as a damage dealer. Old ben casts a enemy team nerf debuff that takes the enemy teams attack power and cuts it in half for 3 turns, and does ability block on the first turn (as well as other stuff). The problem is that he is a chrom only. Hk47 does am enemy team debuff including ability block, offense down, and speed down, but these effects only last for 1 turn. After attacking hk47 has a chance to gain offense up, dual roling him into the damage dealer role while his debuff is on cooldown.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Options
    No Lobot?
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Options
    @SeroZero What do you think about Dooku as a replacement for magna? I have magna at 4* and he's just not cutting it for those heavy healer teams. He also doesn't have much health, I have him at gear 7. Dooku just messed up healers, love him for it haha.
  • Options
    @SeroZero Just waiting for grievous or another droid for that 5th spot
  • Options
    @SeroZero What do you think about Dooku as a replacement for magna? I have magna at 4* and he's just not cutting it for those heavy healer teams. He also doesn't have much health, I have him at gear 7. Dooku just messed up healers, love him for it haha.

I tried using both my 5* magna and dooku, for now I'm sticking to dooku for higher speed and dmg. But I've seen 7* magna have higher HP than IGs. I think his promotion growth for str/HP is pretty good. So maybe he is worth using when 6/7*. It's good to have another Droid as they get that additional speed buff from poggle. As well as poggle and IG86 passive benefitting from another Droid's presence
  • kizito
    34 posts Member
    Options
    And.. now we have grievous!
  • Options
    SeroZero wrote: »
    I just got him! *Dance around

I really like droids, I have a working PVP team now, but I want my **** droids.

Here's the optimal droid team setup for you (only use it if you have them all, 4* and above, which is hard):
    1. HK-47 (that sick leader skill, 25% crit chance. adds 30% turn meter on critical hit, AoE crits against 3 units or more, and you get another turn instantly! Applies to all droids MUWAHAHAA)
    2. IG-88 (Has AoE to abuse, has self buff on crit dmg, has healing immunity 45% on basic, glass cannon)
    3. IG-86 (Has crit dmg self buff, skill calls for assisted attack, if assist is a droid 75% more crit dmg for both, omg **** one hit kills)
    4. IG-100 MagnaGuard (AoE, Offense down on enemies when landing crits, reduce turn meters, double chance of all effects on JEDI's, DIE JEDI SCUM)
    5. POOGLEEEE the lesser (why the poggle? buff 50% dmg and speed up to droids. 4% evade per droid alive, now he's ninja)

And... THERE'S GENERAL GRIEVOUS SOMEDAY, or Droidekas, or super battle droids, or the C3PO and R2D2s and medical droids and the list goes onnnnn!!

Droids! Droids! Droids!

Genosian Soldier is way better than magnaguard with a Hk led poggle droid team
  • Options
    Hk47 is a good stan 's alone guy though. I didn't think so till i maxed nine. His hp pool is beautiful, gets offense up often and crits consistent 4000, and almost guaranteed rez.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    kizito wrote: »
    And.. now we have grievous!

BulAE9I.jpg