Borrow a hero only gives horrible characters at late game

Does anyone else face the same problem as me?

I am level 55 right now, each of my characters have around 2.5k-3k power. Yet when I borrow a hero while facing the AI,

1. None of my allied heroes shows up (Yes i have plenty of high leveled allies, all that shows up are just randoms with +10 only)
2. All the options to borrow have horrible power, e.g. all averaging 1.5k power with bad gear tiers.

This makes no sense, it worked well early game when they kept giving me options of good heroes to borrow from, or at least borrow from my allies. Now the options are so bad, I rather not take them at all.

Anyone else facing this or is this just a bug?

Replies

• Options
    Usually the AI generated heroes arent that good, behind on gear and level. But often when I look I can find some real players in there as well, with decent heroes.
    You probably cant see any of your allies because you all use the same heroes (probably phasma or sid as lead?) Since you can't use two of the same heroes in battle the game chooses not to show you those allies with the same hero.
    If you want new allies I suggest you take a look in the allies thread here on the forum
  • Merilon
    143 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    You do not see +20 leaders (those from your allys) if you had them in the squad fighting the particular mode last time. E.g. you have chewy and lumi in your light side squad and all your allys happen to only use one of them as leader, then you won't see any of them. Try replacing typical leader chars in your squad with other valuable toons. This is especially a problem in light side mode on a relatively new shard.
    Another reason is that you might have already used all ally's leaders in other game modes. Try again after the 4h CD or do a challenge (in my case that resets the cd's).
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    Options
    Make new friends
  • Redg
    14 posts Member
    Options
    You said you have ally but did they accept the invite ? Because if not or if the invitation is expired they will be counted as ally where they are not, once again a nice bug in this game and i don't speak about the false 30% discount price on the droid pack (the truth is it's 1.5% discount...)
  • Tomek
    327 posts Member
    Options
    I confirm.
    I have the same. From time to time I see my allies , but 90% are 55-64 levels and in it 75% are in green gear (!!!!sic) the rest have power under 2000.
    Much better can be if I will be able to select my onw char as second leader. I have more than 6 chars in purple gear with power 2500 and grater.

The ai should filter greens at once. This is horrible ...
  • Options
    Yes. Me too. I might get a couple half decent choices and the rest are worthless in the 1000-2000 rating. I'm level 68 with 5 5000+ rated heroes and a dozen more over 3500. One particular fight, the key card credit challenge is really bad where all of the offerings are in the 100-250 rating range. I refresh a dozen times hoping for something decent.
    With bugs like this it makes me wonder if anyone actually playtests the game.
  • Options
    I can say more. The same time if I select 2th level battle I am able to select some purple leaders, but if I will select 5 or 6th level battle I see only blue abd green leaders around 1500 rank.
  • Options
    Same here - 7B darkside hard. All "help" is 2-3* blue geared nothings.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Lokai
    379 posts Member
    Options
    Baal wrote: »
    Make new friends

i'm really curious if you ever respond in any non azzhatery kinda way? seriously dude your just always trollin :)

• Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    To the OP, I had something like this happen last night. It's happened before, but not in weeks. Plenty of my allies showing, but it was throwing me all Chewie's (and like 1 Ackbar) even in the non-ally selections. I just backed out and re-entered. The selection changes when you do that. Had to go through that 2 or 3 times til the hero I was looking for popped up. Not really a big deal, I assume it's just part of dealing with RNG.
  • Willziak
    54 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Biggest problem is that your allies are probably all using the same leader as one of your characters in your squad, so you just don't see them anymore. If we all end up using the same teams (likely with certain characters being considered better than others), then you'll get no ally assists. So what baal said is kinda right, get new allies that have different unique toons.

Case in point, most of my allies have Sid or Lumi as a lead and the logic that CG has implemented only lets you borrow an allies leader for that event type, so if you run Sid in your squad, you won't see your ally as a support option.

This is why I cripple myself by setting Daka as my dark side lead occasionally so that my allies can benefit.

Maybe CG should make the assist be the first toon in your allies squad that you don't have so you get more ally options? I would vote for that!
  • Options
    Just a note... I've tried re-engaging with characters who have no leader abilities, as leader and found the same results. Weak allies, especially when you need them most.
  • Options
    Same boat here. It's rigged for a reason, so players can't get too far ahead of their level in the game. Before the December update, I was clearing hard LS/DS battles with ease since I had allies fully maxed at 60. Their "super toon" carried my level 20 something team to victory.

They tried to fix it with a level nerf to allies, where most of them became level 2. An update in January corrected the level nerf, but instead allies now have no (power)...stars, gear, or abilites.
  • Neco
    15 posts Member
    Options
    I can't borrow any normal heroes of Dark side for 3 days! I can't pass the next battles at all. My daughter has similar (but not the same) list of people, but she can see those heroes during a day. I see about nothing.
  • Options
    I am having the same issue. Having the same characters should not block your ally list, cause you can make the choise to pick another character. It makes no sense at all. Some modes offer more allies and more frequently (besides the fact that light and dark battles offer a different amount of allies). My dark battles seem to have no allies, while last week I could keep picking them as a support.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Same problem. Please fix this bug soon.

I get several purple-geared allies (6+) offered in the challenges, but when I go to the dark side hard battles (especially the level 7 ones) - I only get offered 2-3 star blue geared garbage. You are basically playing with 5, as the borrowed "hero" gets one shot killed in the first battle.

Today I am trying finish DS 7D (hard) Geonosis. I don't even bother actually even wasting the 20 energy anymore, as the 1400 power, 2 star Royal Guard or 1600 power 2* mob enforce isn't going to be much help against a 7* level 76 Kit Fisto with level 76 Mace, Eeth Koth, JC and a couple of level 76 troopers to boot.

Post edited by Nikoms565 on
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options
    Yes!!!!! I've had this problem for at least 3-4 weeks and it's driving me nuts!!!

I have level 59 characters at power 3500-4000 and:
    1) 99% of the time never see any of my allies (I have a full ally list with tons of great heroes)
    2) The heroes I can borrow are power 1500-2000, and are completely unusable

I've seen others suggest it's because I have the same heroes as my friends. This just isn't the problem. My brother plays and has tons of upgraded heroes I don't have, as do many of my allies. I was able to use appropriately matched borrowed heroes for the first month I played, and now there are whole sections of the game I can't play at all. Please fix this!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    This is no bug. I suggest building up your allies. you borrow from them. Good luck.
  • GamerBot
    2 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    This is no bug. I suggest building up your allies. you borrow from them. Good luck.

You clearly have not read the posts.....Have full allies all at high powerful levels. That is not the problem.
  • Options
    GamerBot wrote: »

You clearly have not read the posts.....Have full allies all at high powerful levels. That is not the problem.
    I have 30 allies - all level 65+. None show up in DS hard battles.

• Options
    Friend everyone you play in arena...some might accept.

Then build a pve team with less popular leaders. For darkside I use nightsisters. Enjoy using all the high-level sidius ally's!!
  • Options
    AI-generated toons to borrow suck. Sometimes I find a purple-gear toon, but 99% of the times the toons have less than 2000 power. A liability more than a help, because they force me to waste heals.
  • Options
    I'd like to reiterate what everyone is saying here. I'm in a Cantina battle and I used to be able to borrow heroes that were all fantastic. I'm a level 70 with all level 70 allies (31 allies) with some that have mace windu, 86, nightsister and various other characters.I am unable to choose any of them when in cantina it's all power level 1000-2000. All of my characters are 4000+ power. What's the deal?
  • Options
    Fotweaver wrote: »
    I'd like to reiterate what everyone is saying here. I'm in a Cantina battle and I used to be able to borrow heroes that were all fantastic. I'm a level 70 with all level 70 allies (31 allies) with some that have mace windu, 86, nightsister and various other characters.I am unable to choose any of them when in cantina it's all power level 1000-2000. All of my characters are 4000+ power. What's the deal?

Re-read the thread. It primarily has to do with what leader your allies have set. 9/10 times your allies will have QGJ, Sid, Lumi, Barriss, or Phasma as lead, so if you have any of those in your squad, you will see almost no allies since most people choose those as leads.
  • Options
    I'm looking at my allies right now and I have 1 mace windu, 2 IG86, 1 nightsister, 1 jedi guardian, 1 chewey, 1 sid -- I don't have windu 86, nightsister, jedi guardian or chewey on my squad and I never see them as an option for borrow a hero.
  • Options
    Whether or not you're using the same heroes in your squad being a reason you don't get OPTIONS is CRAP. You choose your team after you select you ally, and I would gladly switch out my Sid for a slightly less powerful Sid ally instead of being forced to choose an ally 2000 power below the rest of my team. My top 7 characters are 3500-4700 power, and yet I only get 2-3 star, grey/green/blue ally suggestions and maybe 2-4 of my friend allies as options. This is not 2-4 suggestions per run, this is the SAME 2-4 players no matter what game type I'm playing. Also, the suggestions don't refresh! I've been forced to used the same "Mol Eliza" blue Lumi multiple runs in a row because of no other options. Also, if you mean to tell me any level 68+ player has a 3 star Resistance Pilot with NO leader skill as their leader, they should just be kicked out of the game. The problem is all the suggestions are autogenerated, not level appropriate, and pretending to be real players. The only way to get real level appropriate allies is to spam everyone you fight in arena which takes FOREVER. I've been doing it since level 1 and my list still isn't full...
  • Options
    AI-generated toons to borrow suck. Sometimes I find a purple-gear toon, but 99% of the times the toons have less than 2000 power. A liability more than a help, because they force me to waste heals.

I don't even bother healing them, I just use them as a target until they die. You can still 3 star any match if just your ally dies.
  • five2zero
    512 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Is there any fix?
    AI-generated toons are still gray or green geared.
    Post edited by five2zero on