Omega Material ?

kerwyn
144 posts Member
I'm lvl 75. Hitting 76 soon. Therefore I'll be able to use the few omega material I've gathered from lvl 1-75.
Is there any reliable way to farm omega material before getting to lvl 80 and getting them in dailies ?

Replies

• BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    Omega battles which come more often now, some cantina nodes lvl 8 (I don't remember if there's a restriction level over there), GW last node (sometimes). Ship shipments (1600 credits, don't know the name of this money).
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    Options
    not really... At least not more than what you already do (GW etc). You could spend 1500 ship creds on one but I would say that is a very poor investment (buy zetas instead).

Just keep working your levels... Seems like a crunch now but you will earn them fast enough when at 85.
  • E00N
    147 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Events - free for all
    GW final node - 81+
    Fleet shipment 1500 tokens (bad deal) - 80++
    Daily reward from quests - 80++

Daily ability mats challenge - 84++
    Zeta challenge - Tarkin Quest + dark ships

• kerwyn
    144 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. It's good to know I won't get any anytime soon. So I'll really look at who I'm giving mines to.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    In your roster, I would say Boba's execute and TFP since you use them in arena. Also Vader.
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    Options
    Don't try to farm omegas from cantina nodes. Drop rate is tiny. I made the mistake once. But I think in any case cantina level 8 only opens at level 83 or 84, so later than when they appear as daily rewards.

Pre-80 I think the only way of reasonably getting omegas is from omega events and the very odd spot of luck in GW.
  • kerwyn
    144 posts Member
    Options
    I'm trying to make a Strong empire team. EP lead. TFP. DV. DN and Shoretrooper.
    So I basically looking at who here should get the omega up. I think TFP so far on his special to gain ability block.
    Would be useful to block Biggs or Chirrit on rebel meta team.
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    TFP special needs an Omega asap. Vader's Force Crush (Speed Down is huge) second. Not sure what next. All of Palp's abilities need an Omega, but Nihilus' basic and Drain Force seem important to Omega too. Shoretrooper's unique is another good Omega, but probably not as urgent as the other ones. Best order is probably something like:

TFP TIE Strike
    Vader Force Crush
    Palp Power of the Dark Side
    Nihilus Basic
    Nihilus Drain Force
    Vader basic
    Palp basic
    Palp Let the Hate Flow
    Shore unique
    TFP basic
    TFP uniqe
    Nihilus Annihilate
    Vader Culling Blade (not important at all)
    Shore taunt
    Shore basic

But I haven't played a lot with Nihilus, and probably won't until he's farmable unless I move to a Sith team under a Maul lead. Either way, if you find you need to annihilate Boba a lot, then omega on Annihilate becomes more important. Good luck!
  • Options
    Finish your dailies? The rewards for finishing all daily quests include an omega material.
  • crzydroid
    7386 posts Moderator
    Options
    Don't buy from Fleet. Just wait until 80, and hope for omega battles and GW drops. I don't know what level it is, but once you get the last level of the challenge, they start dropping there to.

Tournaments used to be a good way for below 80s to get omegas, but they're gone, so.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Acrofales wrote: »
    TFP special needs an Omega asap. Vader's Force Crush (Speed Down is huge) second. Not sure what next. All of Palp's abilities need an Omega, but Nihilus' basic and Drain Force seem important to Omega too. Shoretrooper's unique is another good Omega, but probably not as urgent as the other ones. Best order is probably something like:
    • TFP TIE Strike
    • Vader Force Crush
    • Palp Power of the Dark Side
    • Nihilus Drain Force
    • Nihilus Basic
    • Vader basic
    • Palp Let the Hate Flow
    • Palp Basic
    • Vader Culling Blade (Actually fairly important)
    • Shore unique
    • TFP basic
    • Nihilus Annihilate
    • TFP unique
    • Shore taunt
    • Shore basic

Moved around a few things. First off, reducing the cooldown of Drain Force by 1 all the time (omegaing the actual skill) is better than letting his basic reduce the cooldown of it (although it's best to have both to work perfectly) unless you have a way to give Nihilus retribution because you would have to be able to attack a buffed character.
    Also switched Palp's basic and Let the hate Flow. His basic adds an extra turn of shock which is nice, but if you Omega Let the Hate flow if you have 2 shocked enemies you get 100% TM back, Offense up and reapply shock for another 2 turns, which is better than having shock last 3 turns.
    Bumped Culling blade up as making it unavoidable is rather helpful, especially with the prevalence of Foresight nowadays and 10% more damage per debuff is formidable. Dropped TFP's unique down a bit. With 5 debuffed enemies its still like an 86% chance to get foresight compared to the 88ish% of having it omega'd.
    I wouldn't even waste an Omega on Shore's basic ability until you're level 85.
  • kerwyn
    144 posts Member
    Options
    Hmmm that's some very well thought about insight. Basically I shouldn't rush into omega any basic abilities just as yet. Thanks again guys. I'll take all those into consideration.