Re: TW matchup system horribly flawed - lopsided GP matches

by MisterXanderFr

Original Post

Re: Broken matchmaking. Facing a guild with 60+ million more gp in TW.

★★★★ Novice
The top 2 in the other guild have over 1m gp than our strongest member, and they have at least 7 with more gp than our strongest. Why isn't average gp taken into account when making the match? That's one of the strongest indicators of a fair fight. Total gp and average gp per participant is all we need for fair matches.
Message 91 of 96 (855 Views)

★★★ Novice

I keep hearing that EA/CG is going to address this.   We have had mismatches 4 or 5 of last 6 TW I believe.  It is now a running joke that CG match making is unfair.  My players are active and our defense is organized.  We don't lose badly in most cases cause everyone tries.  Not sure if that is the problem.   Maybe we need to do chewbacca defense and see if that affects our matchup.   I've compared meta teams, zetas and other factors and cannot understand why we continually are mismatched.   Here is our latest matchup.   We are of course the lower GP guild.

https://swgoh.gg/g/34013/wookiesmugglers/

https://swgoh.gg/g/3510/0otini/

So we are looking at 15m GP difference this time.  I see no area in terms of key teams where have a significant advantage to justify that but do see areas where they have a significant advantage outside of GP.  We have never been matched against a weak guild since the new matchmaking took place.  If we are matched versus a guild a prize tier above our rewards should at least be based on the higher prize tier.

Message 92 of 96 (823 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello dear developers,

On the official forum, CG_RyDiggs described how TW match making is supposed to work : link to the forum

if i summarize some of the key points :

• The squad power of participating individuals in each guild should be near the same average power.
  • The strongest possible squads of both participating guilds should be near the same average power.

It is not said if number of squads available is taken into account, and the first point is not clear if it is the best squad for each player or a mean squad power of each player...

Now, if i take our last TW, and our current one, i can say that match making if bugged, or at least does not give a fair match as it is supposed to do : 'Matchmaking seeks to create the most fair matchups' 

Here is our guild : https://swgoh.gg/g/34604/the-force-within-your-wallet/  We are all active and we can register almost 40 player with a total of 26MGP (mean GP is 600-700k) at each TW.
Here is our last opponent : https://swgoh.gg/g/21697/scruffy-nerbherders/ (unfortunately not a lot of player register but some huge one) (see also attached picture)

I had a chat with one guy of our enemy guild : He was very surprised to fight us because as he said, our guild is much lower than them.Indeed, as you can see, they have several players with more than 2MGP and so, a huge amount of squads available and huge amount of G12 toons. The guy said they register more than 30 MGP for this TW, with only 29 players. So more than 1MGP mean per player.

Screenshot_20180530-220058.png

Our best player has a 90k squad with 1 G12 toon. Their best player (on swgoh.gg) has a 105k squad with 5 G12 toons. Note that all their best players were registered on the TW
Our second best has a 85k squad with 4 G12 toons.

In our guild we have a total of less than 10 G12 toons.
So strongest possible squads of both participating guilds ARE NOT near same average power 

our best : 

webest.png

their best : 

E1best.png

Of course, we loose this TW. They had much more squads than us (they filled all slots in defense and clear most of our teams).

All of my team mates were discouraged and disgusted.

And now what ? Here is a new TW. Now we are facing are more huge guild : https://swgoh.gg/g/14802/deceptacles/
I don't know yet if all the huge players in it have registered to the TW but i'm quite sure they did.
So there is a 14 MGP difference between us and them... Their best players has 3 times more G12 toon than all of us together.

So, are you sure this is a fair game experience for us ? 

I know we are a lot of guild in this case. Please fix the match making to have really fair battles. 

screenshot of swgoh.gg for our guild : 

WE.png

Enemy #1 :
E1.png

Enemy #2 :

E2..png

Message 93 of 96 (817 Views)

★ Guide

any word on this? we are tired of writing massage over massage about that mismatching... the last 3 guild were much stronger than us... i can´t even remember if we ever had a guild that was way weaker than us...
please fix it or delete that part of game...

Message 94 of 96 (749 Views)

★★★ Novice

I filed a bug last cycle cause the mismatch was insane.  Was told it is working as expected.  I did some research on the little public information available and it seems like current system looks at top squads in both guilds so guild that have players with deep rosters have an advantage.  IMHO the design is to reward people with more well geared toons.  I don't expect any changes at this point.

Message 95 of 96 (722 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Sure, it will not change. and i agree with your analyse.
but i'm also quite sure that it does not take into account fleet and fleet can make a huge difference
Message 96 of 96 (714 Views)