§12/14 Song video

Replies

• Options
    In regards to the sound clip..... my guess is it’s the Ewoks theme.......BACKWARDS.
  • newershadow
    90 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Deconding the solfa cipher gets me this:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1M1nD3fl442QblDDRi2ABEGoE7Ck9P1kx0WwXbyWI2j8/edit?usp=sharing

It looks like hexadecimal, with an additional X character.
  • Options
    Didn’t the reven one end up in hexadecimal? I know y’all can crack that, if you’re right.
    Ooba hutar.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1M1nD3fl442QblDDRi2ABEGoE7Ck9P1kx0WwXbyWI2j8/edit?usp=sharing

Thats the answer to last weeks sudoku
  • T_Servo
    32 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I'm fluent in over 6 million forms of communication and I still can't decipher this!
  • Options
    @newershadow can you get me the 12 to 14 minute section
  • Options
    lawyer1333 wrote: »
    @newershadow can you get me the 12 to 14 minute section

No. 12/14 is the date that gave me the decryption key for the cipher. I don't know why you would want the 12 to 14 minute section.
  • Options

Self-quoting - it looks like it can be split up into [digits] x [6 digit hexadecimal string]. Not sure how to proceed with that.
  • DrkHelm
    27 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    12:14 in video
    bo4banlygbw4.jpg
  • Options
    Just wanted to say that I love you all for going this in-depth.

I personally don't care and am happy to wait and find out in a couple of weeks what this all means, but it warms the cockles of my heart to know that there are folks who will analyze things in such, such depth! Cheers!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    I can’t stop refreshing!
  • Ilikebeer2
    40 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Interesting code!
    Post edited by Ilikebeer2 on
  • Entus
    161 posts Member
    Options
    Jawaese is spoken by the Jawas of Tatooine. The first listen we got of this language was in Star Wars, Episode IV: A New Hope. Ben Burtt developed this language for the Star Wars saga. He was drawn to several African languages, in particular Zulu. Recording several individuals who spoke Zulu, Burtt wrote a script patterned on the various sounds he heard and had actors re-voice them for the films. The “recordings were sped up to raise the pitch and accelerate the flow of words” to give us the Jawa language that we are familiar with today
  • Options
    6 hex digits can be used to define a color, maybe the decoded text can be converted into a grid of colored pixels
  • Options
    Ewok as the monthly login toon.

This in 'C'

C3P0 confirmed.

The end.
  • Options
    What if the key is 16:18 which is the length of the sound track?
  • Tanzos
    219 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    For once being a music composer actually comes in handy for once. So...

The instrument sound is "Synth Square" which is obviously a synthesized sound (electronic).

There are 6 notes in total used. BCDEFG which puts it in the key of C. It never uses A.

Depending on who designs the piano, or who you talk to, the notes are either B2, C3, D3, E3, F3 and G3. Or B3, C4, D4, E4, F4, and G4. Basically it starts on the middle C of a piano. Some people designate middle C as C3 or C4. C3 would be a reference to C-3PO if it is, C4 is a plastic explosive.

These are the 6 notes on the musical staff used.
    v9a9910lwn7p.jpg

I think there's a pattern of like a 30-40 second phrase, followed by the lowest note B played multiple times in a row. That B plays more times in a row each phrase. I think, it's hard to tell

The phrase itself is similar but the notes become randomized to an extent. It would take a while to actually write it out each phrase... I don't got that time.

That's all I got so far.

I'm converting it to an MP3 to put into Audacity (audio editor) and play around with in faster or reverse.

Edit: There's nothing significant in reverse or sped up.

Post edited by Tanzos on
  • BobaPhatty
    12 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Edited for irrelevance... Awesome work putting together the hex image!
  • newershadow
    90 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I took the doc posted by newershadow and started studying it. I came up with this for just the first few lines:

15X BCCEB0
    2X AB964C
    12X BCCEB0
    1X AB964C
    4X 502D11
    10X BCCEB0
    1X AB964C

Looks like put X hex color that many times. Not sure if there’s a way to translate that whole doc (I’m on my phone atm)

Yeah, it's basically this.

Here's my partial image, with the first dozen or so rows completely filled in, and the background filled in for the rest: Screen_Shot_2018-11-30_at_10.06.50_PM.png

Here's what I'm pretty sure is the source image (a cross-stitch) that fits the colors: 3b473abc8a60116bfc6436c1a7cf8499--perler-patterns-bead-patterns.jpg

I don't have the time to finish everything myself, but I'm fairly confident it matches. :)

In the interest of showing my work, here's the google sheet I used to translate the solfa cipher and component parts: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1s4Ayz2p62Rui-dpdqmN-Kwmuk3KB0_mXwRhjqGAEwo4/edit?usp=sharing
  • Options
    I keep hoping there’s another layer clueing us into the reqs.
  • Options
    Wolverines wrote: »
    Key of c.....Sixteen minutes...P is the 16th letter of the alphabet. He posted 3 messages...zero interest..... Has to be C3P0......

LOL @ zero interest. This was the best hypothesis for sure!
  • Options
    It's what they were doing when they should have been releasing the December calendar earlier.
  • Options
    You guys are incredible!!!

@CG_SBCrumb, what’s the official time? Sounds like that $1 is yours.

Guess y’all don’t need this any more...
    tfbvl04q3wj2.jpeg
  • Halo
    98 posts Member
    Options
    I took the doc posted by newershadow and started studying it. I came up with this for just the first few lines:

15X BCCEB0
    2X AB964C
    12X BCCEB0
    1X AB964C
    4X 502D11
    10X BCCEB0
    1X AB964C

Looks like put X hex color that many times. Not sure if there’s a way to translate that whole doc (I’m on my phone atm)

Here's my partial image, with the first dozen or so rows completely filled in, and the background filled in for the rest: Screen_Shot_2018-11-30_at_10.06.50_PM.png

Here's what I'm pretty sure is the source image (a cross-stitch) that fits the colors: 3b473abc8a60116bfc6436c1a7cf8499--perler-patterns-bead-patterns.jpg

I don't have the time to finish everything myself, but I'm fairly confident it matches. :)

In the interest of showing my work, here's the google sheet I used to translate the solfa cipher and component parts: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1s4Ayz2p62Rui-dpdqmN-Kwmuk3KB0_mXwRhjqGAEwo4/edit?usp=sharing

@CG_SBCrumb looks like we have a winner
  • Options

Nicely done!!
  • Options
    This is fantastic.
    Ooba hutar.
  • Options
    Congrats! That was awesome!
  • Terrashae
    5 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    So SBCrumb, what faction are we going to need to earn C-3PO? The monthly login reward is Ewok Scout. Is that a pretty good hint to take to the bank?