How to Keep Conquest Great

2Next

Replies

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    “Keep”
    “Great”

Also, the all-LS/DS battles are awful. What’s the point of having a quasi-sandbox if we can’t theorycraft and try new things without being penalized?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    “Keep”
    “Great”

Also, the all-LS/DS battles are awful. What’s the point of having a quasi-sandbox if we can’t theorycraft and try new things without being penalized?

It's not a sand box. It's prescribed play (feats) that penalizes experimentation (energy + disc-swapping costs). It's a mundane drag with the carrot of a new character that isn't obtainable any other way as the reason to trudge through.

TL;DR It's work. CAT is this month's paycheck.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    “Keep”
    “Great”

It's not a sand box. It's prescribed play (feats) that penalizes experimentation (energy + disc-swapping costs). It's a mundane drag with the carrot of a new character that isn't obtainable any other way as the reason to trudge through.

Gifafi finishes today. He has four days to experiment for zero cost and with zero prescribed play.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    I hope that makes him extra happy. I like when Giraffe is happy.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    “Keep”
    “Great”

Gifafi finishes today. He has four days to experiment for zero cost and with zero prescribed play.

Disc-swapping costs don't go away after you have max rewards. Sandbox ain't free. Which is why I stop playing the mode the second I've completed red crate.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    “Keep”
    “Great”

Disc-swapping costs don't go away after you have max rewards. Sandbox ain't free. Which is why I stop playing the mode the second I've completed red crate.

Giraffe complained about LS/DS feats preventing theorycrafting. Nothing is stopping him now.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2938 posts Member
    Options
    “Keep”
    “Great”

Giraffe complained about LS/DS feats preventing theorycrafting. Nothing is stopping him now.

The modifiers. Can’t really theorycraft with the modifiers in place. Conquest would have great replay ability if after you earn the Red crate, you could turn off all the disks and enemy modifiers and turn them back on if you wanted. Then it would be a place to theorycraft.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    The whole Conquest is one big missed opportunity. All we get to choose is which side of the one predetermined road to take, feats are annoying, datadisks are repeated in the same batch and the fun ones get removed, all battles are just the usual 5v5, no ships and they can't even add something as simple as a feat counter. It's already counted, all they have to do is show it. It's a pity, it could have been great.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Threads like this just make me sad. Players provide suggestions, feedback, ideas. CG largely ignores them, instead choosing the easier, less time-consuming "solutions". Kyno defends, rationalizes, explains away the shortcomings and we plod on to another game mode. Rinse, repeat.

Whatever. I complete all 5 sectors. I get the max rewards. The more I play conquest, the less I like it. It's a monotonous, mundane drag and becoming more so.

Kyno actually just corrected your list. You had 2, one of things you would like to see and one of things that didnt happen. You had an item on one list that belonged on the other.

What's the next game mode you speak of?

Whatever event CG decides they want us to beta-test next. Since when do you refer to yourself in the third person?

Thought I would try something new to mix it up and keep things fresh...
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    Threads like this just make me sad. Players provide suggestions, feedback, ideas. CG largely ignores them, instead choosing the easier, less time-consuming "solutions". Kyno defends, rationalizes, explains away the shortcomings and we plod on to another game mode. Rinse, repeat.

Whatever. I complete all 5 sectors. I get the max rewards. The more I play conquest, the less I like it. It's a monotonous, mundane drag and becoming more so.

Kyno actually just corrected your list. You had 2, one of things you would like to see and one of things that didnt happen. You had an item on one list that belonged on the other.

What's the next game mode you speak of?

Whatever event CG decides they want us to beta-test next. Since when do you refer to yourself in the third person?

Thought I would try something new to mix it up and keep things fresh...

I think that is an excellent idea and I hope you are finding it brings you joy, friend.
  • Options
    Hi y'all! I can't get too much into specifics right now, but I can say that there are some changes to future Conquests in the works and we will have more details for you in the next Road Ahead.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Hi y'all! I can't get too much into specifics right now, but I can say that there are some changes to future Conquests in the works and we will have more details for you in the next Road Ahead.

Lord Vader GL
    Conquest Maul
    New system for changing data discs
    ;)
  • Options

Are you able to tell us if the road ahead is happening this month?
  • Options

The biggest thing to me is variation. There are 100s of possible squads out there, I may regret saying this, but I’d love to see more variation in the squads that we fight.

I personally love conquest too, top to bottom, so any improvements are welcome.

Keep up the good work.
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options

Are you able to tell us if the road ahead is happening this month?

Very likely its this month
  • Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    “Keep”
    “Great”

The modifiers. Can’t really theorycraft with the modifiers in place. Conquest would have great replay ability if after you earn the Red crate, you could turn off all the disks and enemy modifiers and turn them back on if you wanted. Then it would be a place to theorycraft.

even then you wouldnt be able to theorycraft that well cause of mods...
  • el_mago
    753 posts Member
    Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    “Keep”
    “Great”

I really, really like this idea. After the red crate, it's a true sandbox. This is the way.
  • Options
    i like conquest, i haven't play much because of my low GP tho