We need a button to stop deployment

Prev1
Crayons
565 posts Member
edited July 2021
All the best laid plans of 49/50 can be undone by the 1.

Recently in a new capacity as an officer, and seeing either people almost ruin all your TB or TW plans, or flat or just do it, is so deflating for the other 49.

I assume this is a guild control many have asked for in the past. It’s new to me so has become an immediate annoyance.

In the last few months some examples are putting crosses and messages on TW to make sure the put they right squads or the GL we want there, only for someone to ignore it and ruin it. Same in TB when you have a star plan that involves taking zones to just under one star. You put the Prohibit engagement on, you write the message don’t star. You go to bed, someone has ruined it.

Be nice to just stop action where you want. To be able to lock TW spaces. To be able to stop zone and mission deployment.

Replies

• crzydroid
    7332 posts Moderator
    Options
    The action we have for this is to kick that person.

But a "removing squads" feature is something that's been asked for by the community for along time.
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Yeah I hear you, but we’ve kicked a few and to be honest I hate getting into that kicking cycle.

Sometime the kitten is someone with 5.4m roster and you just don’t wanna lose it. But kinda have the 2 strike rule. But kicking didn’t solve the overall problem of the thing now ruined for 49/50.

Post edited by crzydroid on
  • Options
    I don’t know if they will ever revisit this (because it certainly can be agonizing for a guild), but there was a dev statement a few years ago that they were pretty hard set against this due to (paraphrasing) ‘not wanting one player to be able to dictate, prevent, or invalidate another players actions’.

But, yeah, even if they won’t let us un-do/remove squads/deployments, a hard lock or at least squad editing once deployed would feel like an awful nice QOL upgrade.
  • Options
    It's def frustrating, but a point I've heard more than once from the dev side is that they don't want to take agency and decision-making away from players (for example, giving one player the power to undo or override another player's actions).

Having said that, maybe there's a good idea that serves as a happy medium which could find its way onto the QoL list Crumb have established.
  • StarSon
    7465 posts Member
    Options
    It's def frustrating, but a point I've heard more than once from the dev side is that they don't want to take agency and decision-making away from players (for example, giving one player the power to undo or override another player's actions).

Having said that, maybe there's a good idea that serves as a happy medium which could find its way onto the QoL list Crumb have established.

My suggestion, while it may not help the OP in his specific example, is to prevent over-deploying. If a sector only need 500k to hit 3*, why does the game allow a player to deploy 4M GP there?
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    How about a "are you sure you want to be kicked from your guild" message.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    How about a "are you sure you want to be kicked from your guild" message.

c5f.gif
  • Options
    Tbh, there have been many requests for improved/additional officer tools - afaik none have been implemented - I understand the devs viewpoint that it is seen as taking away decision making from players however it certainly does not improve anyone's QoL being tagged to deploy/do combat when they already have because we don't get a ship/squad deployment breakdown.
    I support any additional tools that can be incorporated into the game as an option
  • Options
    Just allow guild officers to set maximum TP score in a territory.

Any excess are wasted if a single deployment or the results of a battle would otherwise carry the value over the maximum, and once you hit the max no more deployments are allowed.

You can still kick me from the guild for wasting deployments/not following instructions if I'm doing that, but no one else is affected by my personal lack of attention.
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    I think the easiest fix is to prevent rogue actions by non-officers when a node is blocked in game by officers

So the officers can prevent anyone overdeploying, and they can choose how much to deploy to top off a zone
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Options

I understand not wanting one player to dictate to another, but the end result is we do dictate their next move by hitting the kick button. I’m not a fan of doing that, but sometimes you’ve got no other option. Sometimes maybe someone is in your guild and happy to play along but don’t speak English well. They might not even know they are ruining something a lot of other people put a lot of work into. Believe me, getting your guild TW wins and the best possible TB rewards is a lot of work.

There are those times your guild is on for something truly great, a best ever, just to be thwarted by Rogue Actions. Can make a guild angry at one person. Feels bad.
  • Artumas
    324 posts Member
    Options
    I'd honestly even say something like a guild majority vote (From 2/3 to 26/50) would be fine - That way it's not up to a singular person (though, arguably, almost all guilds worth their weight are being run by a small handful of very experienced players anyway so it's not like it really changes much...) but there's at least A option for guilds to prevent one rogue player from ruining plans.

I do think that, and a review period (what's the argument for that one again? There's still a full day between TB ending and TW starting.) are long overdue - And I know it's not even always someone's fault - Sometimes 2 people deploy for a combat mission at the same time, someone else deploys during that CM, and suddenly instead of going up 1M it goes up 5M and you go over.

Regarding review period: TB honestly feels like a review period matters more than the one for TW does due to stuff like Platoons and counting CM completions, and I know that I'm personally semi-responsible for this in my guild and I'm asleep for the 8 hours leading up to TB completing, so it's very rough estimates for the last phase unless someone else actually notes the info down. Even just a 12 hour review period would fix that issue entirely, but there's very little reason to not just have the 24ish hour one that TW and GAC have.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    There was a whole official thread asking what new officer tools we want and it accomplished nothing...
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    You're not the real Beeblebrox :neutral:
  • Options
    I remember that thread. I got suggestions from every officer in our alliance and made one massive post. That feels like a long, long time ago in a forum post far, far away.
  • Options
    What about having deployments go into a pool for that phase, and the officers decide where and how all the points get distributed. That removes the agency argument and also allows the guild leadership to decide how best to tackle the TB.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2939 posts Member
    Options
    ...We've received many questions regarding tools for Guild Officers, (I recently compiled a list of tool requests from the community for the feature team and this is something that we are working on) but those features are still a ways off.....

This was a year and 7 months ago, but don't worry guys....our requests are on a list.

This is why people, like me, say that CG doesn't listen to player feedback. Do better.

This is also why the Q&A's went away....just sayin.

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Adamklark wrote: »
    how about removing bad defense teams with vote? sometimes the player missclicks. So both officers and the player would want to remove it too.

Or at least allow removing def team by the player who set it. That doesn't remove agency and gives room to correct mistakes.
  • Options

But it’s involving a team coordinated effort. On the flip side by taking that stance then you are limiting the control that guild officers have in coordinating proper strategies and tactics in guild wide events like TB and TW.

I personally don’t see anything wrong with guild officers being able to set deployment maximums for GP in TB, or allowing them to set specific factions to be allowed in specific zones in TW.
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options

I have heard this rational before, however my point is always players don't have to join a guild that has this.
    Maybe make it a player option "Allow my guild officer to do X"
    Then if a guild requires this ability to be part of it and the player doesn't the guild can give da boot
  • Options

I’ve seen this before and it’s a fascinating argument to me. CG is opposed to one player interfering with another player’s decision-making, but seem to have no problem with one player interfering with the decisions of 49 other players.

A player agrees to follow the instructions of the officers of the guild when they join. If someone disagrees with the instructions they are free to leave the guild. That’s their agency and decision-making. CG allowing them to mess with the 49 other people’s decisions is the real issue at hand. It’s not the imagined interference the one person is experiencing from guild leaders when they try to preserve the team effort using proper tools.
  • Options

Not really related to this comment of yours, but in general, please consider implementing new officer tools. I'm sure there are threads here that ask the player base what kind of officer tools they would like to have, or if there isn't, you could make one; just to get an idea about what leaders and officers think would help them managing a guild and the respective events. Managing a guild can be a full time job, but you guys could reduce the time spent on that SIGNIFICANTLY, by doing some updates/QoL changes to the officer tools. It would make the experience better for everyone I think.
  • Options
    Can we add a 24hr review period to TB as well? Please and thank you.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    Kvothe25 wrote: »
    Can we add a 24hr review period to TB as well? Please and thank you.

That would be nice, and will most likely never happen.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • StarSon
    7465 posts Member
    Options
    Latest example of why we need something like this: we told the guild to top off mid, and then go south. Well, 3 people happened to hit the deploy button at the same time, and about 4M GP was wasted.

Not going to matter for us, but could matter for someone else. The game should, at a bare minimum, not allow deployments to go over the amount needed for 3*.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Latest example of why we need something like this: we told the guild to top off mid, and then go south. Well, 3 people happened to hit the deploy button at the same time, and about 4M GP was wasted.

Not going to matter for us, but could matter for someone else. The game should, at a bare minimum, not allow deployments to go over the amount needed for 3*.
    Not necessarily a solution to this, but in our guild we always close zones before they reach our star target and have officers do the final deployments. That way it’s coordinated and we never overfill, and never have simultaneous deployments either.

I do agree though that this level of micromanagement is frustrating and it would be better if it wasn’t necessary
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Not necessarily a solution to this, but in our guild we always close zones before they reach our star target and have officers do the final deployments. That way it’s coordinated and we never overfill, and never have simultaneous deployments either.

I do agree though that this level of micromanagement is frustrating and it would be better if it wasn’t necessary

Even we do this and we're not in a silly alliance like StarSon's.