Vader Tier 3 Requirements

Replies

• Options
    Lmao oh boy….I truly feel sorry for Doja and Crumb needing to be the messengers to announce CG’s utter garbage. They both seem like genuinely good dudes but always need to control the mob after decisions made by TopCash (oh he’s earned this nickname now) and Mystery Mark

This is ridiculous. Arc over Rex? Tarkin over Sidious? Nute over snips? Come on already. Not only that but not a single toon less than R5? So we’ve got…
    Six (6) relic 5 toons.
    Four (4) relic 7 toons
    Four (4) relic 8 toons…

WOW! But sure CG, we don’t need any changes to the gear economy at all lmao. Relic 9 incoming, R5+ as the new minimum for new toons and units and zero relief in the gear economy on the horizon outside of “natural” means. I mean I really shouldn’t be surprised by this but unfortunately I am. This is just so wrong, but hey, TopCash and Mark gotta keep squeezing every last cent out of us and push out those who don’t wanna spend lmao.
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    IronCross wrote: »
    No double drops with this group. Disappointing.

We might get one with the content update post later today
  • Options
    These won't be terrible for me to finish but I'm just confused by them. I thought that the requirements would be characters that helped Anakin grow and then ultimately pushed him over to the dark side.

Grand Moff Tarkin instead of Ahsoka? Technically, this isn't even the Tarkin from the Clone Wars. He wasn't promoted to Grand Moff until afterwards. It just still baffles me that either Ahsoka wasn't a requirement.

R8 ARC instead of Rex? Rex was the captain of the 501st and probably one of Anakin's closer friends. Have us R8 a nameless clone instead of Rex?

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    BoboFoot wrote: »
    - is honestly a slap in the face.

Who hit you, was it Crumb or Doja?

I feel like we are seeing more powerful GLs, and for that they carry a heavier price tag.

Any GL with too many already highly used characters is not going to drive or push development of a roster.
  • Options
    At least the Bad Batch are easy to gear.

....🙃
  • Ally
    47 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

I feel like we are seeing more powerful GLs, and for that they carry a heavier price tag.

Any GL with too many already highly used characters is not going to drive or push development of a roster.

And by development you mean gearing useless characters and over relicing characters that dont need it or are useless? Thats not developing a roster, thats bloating for cash.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    Ally wrote: »

And by development you mean gearing useless characters and over relicing characters that dont need it or are useless? Thats not developing a roster, thats bloating for cash.

Technically as long as you put resources into them, the roster is being developed. But that doesn’t make the requirements for LV any better.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Options
    Granolo wrote: »
    4 relic 8 required... Tbey are clearly trying to push the requirements to see how much are whales willing to spend, trying to squeeze the most bucks possible from eqch new character. And I'm pretty sure the requirements will keep on rising as long as their income justify it. As long as there are enough people willing on whaling on the new characters, they are going to ask for more and more.

Whales already have those characters at relic 8 and 7. They are trying to get the tier below whales to spend. They literally cant let up on requirements the game would be dead in less than year if they did. This is like my 10th game ive spent 5k$ literally all those games dont exist anymore. Star wars: force arena, star wars: uprising, star wars: commander, and star wars: force collection, star wars assault team just. Its just the way it is the game will dissappear eventually hopefully not for another 5 years but it will. You have been warned
  • Options

Doesn’t that go against their statement of wanting GL’s to be on similar power levels? Especially those released together (or close together in this case). JMK had two R8 and plenty of R3 mixed in. Vader? Nah….lmao

Still think we don’t need any gear economy fixes now that they’ve drawn a line in the sand at R5 with R9 coming within a month?
  • Options

Hahahaha. Ok dude. These requirements aren't hard at all. It being hard isn't the point. The point is that the characters that made sense to unlock him weren't used. The only one out of that list that made sense was Nute and to a lesser degree, Tarkin. But no Rex? His best friend and commander of the 501st? His one and only padawan Ahsoka that meant more to him than anybody except for Padme?

Come on Kyno. Don't try to feed us that malarkey about a heavier price tag. These toons aren't any harder to level up than the others. Hell. Most people have Tarkin, Nute and ARC Trooper at relic. Where is the heavier price tag? People aren't upset about gearing up these guys. They're upset that they are gearing toons that had very little impact on him when it should have been the people who influenced him the most.
  • wharp
    217 posts Member
    Options

I thought CG wanted GLs to be on pare of each other or more like a rock, paper, scissors?
    So, are they repeating their previous mistake about "balance" ?
    Or they are planning something more powerfull ? ...
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    Similar power levels =/= similar effort in acquiring them
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

Yet their justification for all the nerfs was that they wanted squads to perform at a level commensurate with the investment required to get them. So like it or not they’ve directly stated that their intention is for those two to be heavily correlated
  • Options

So by that logic shouldn’t JML be the best GL considering the effort needed to acquire him?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ally wrote: »

Last I checked pushing more characters is developing a roster. Yes they may push more focus to less utilized characters, for many reasons, one of which being that it makes the choice more "difficult" than just pushing the characters that players would want or maybe already have most of the way there.

In the end, rosters will be filled with relic level toons, we dont have to like it or want it, but they will make it worth the investment with powerful toons like GLs.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Doesn’t that go against their statement of wanting GL’s to be on similar power levels? Especially those released together (or close together in this case). JMK had two R8 and plenty of R3 mixed in. Vader? Nah….lmao

Still think we don’t need any gear economy fixes now that they’ve drawn a line in the sand at R5 with R9 coming within a month?

Similar doesnt mean same. And I still feel like they are similar, and only gain more power when they are paired with key toons, who also require "investment". That is where the respect for investment is built in.

didn't we already agree that we do? Not sure where that is coming from, or do I need to quote myself from your thread on this topic.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Hahahaha. Ok dude. These requirements aren't hard at all. It being hard isn't the point. The point is that the characters that made sense to unlock him weren't used. The only one out of that list that made sense was Nute and to a lesser degree, Tarkin. But no Rex? His best friend and commander of the 501st? His one and only padawan Ahsoka that meant more to him than anybody except for Padme?

Come on Kyno. Don't try to feed us that malarkey about a heavier price tag. These toons aren't any harder to level up than the others. Hell. Most people have Tarkin, Nute and ARC Trooper at relic. Where is the heavier price tag? People aren't upset about gearing up these guys. They're upset that they are gearing toons that had very little impact on him when it should have been the people who influenced him the most.

They are not? My guess would be that if you look at your roster, the ones that "make sense" are higher r level than they ones they picked. That would mean they are harder, as they need more materials at this moment.

Unfortunately anyone who thinks things should follow more of a storyline or lore, may be playing the wrong game. This is a game inside a game, and no it doesnt have storyline aspects beyond some loose affiliations made. If they didnt have any contact with him, sure, but they all played a part in his story, no matter how significant (or not).
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    wharp wrote: »

I thought CG wanted GLs to be on pare of each other or more like a rock, paper, scissors?
    So, are they repeating their previous mistake about "balance" ?
    Or they are planning something more powerfull ? ...

GLs are, and then we are seeing pairs being made on top of that. So while that is still true, we are still seeing an evolution of the meta chasing process. This process seems to be making the new GLs buddy system more powerful than the GLs alone.
  • Options

Similar doesnt mean same. And I still feel like they are similar, and only gain more power when they are paired with key toons, who also require "investment". That is where the respect for investment is built in.

didn't we already agree that we do? Not sure where that is coming from, or do I need to quote myself from your thread on this topic.

So then when for example JML has arguably the steepest requirements, why is he not the best GL? Also his key toons that make him more powerful (GAS and JKL) are getting severely nerfed against other GL’s making him weaker in the group. So where’s the return on the investment in terms of power level?

And you said you agree but understand that CG won’t do anything directly because “complexity” and “data”. We agree changes need to happen yesterday, but disagree on the urgency and responsibility of CG to directly do so.
  • Options

More powerful gl ? Did you mean jmk ? Because the reality is that he lost against SEE and JML reliablely. And he performs same than SLKR in pve. I dont see where he is "more" powerful. More cashgrab yes. But maybe you have more intel about LV that will be really more powerful than every other gl. Which I hope not.
  • Options

They are not? My guess would be that if you look at your roster, the ones that "make sense" are higher r level than they ones they picked. That would mean they are harder, as they need more materials at this moment.

Unfortunately anyone who thinks things should follow more of a storyline or lore, may be playing the wrong game. This is a game inside a game, and no it doesnt have storyline aspects beyond some loose affiliations made. If they didnt have any contact with him, sure, but they all played a part in his story, no matter how significant (or not).

Well for JML event there was an awful lot of talk about why rebels for a jedi and it was argued that those characters were central to his story. You see similar reasons for GLOW's reqs. People are rightly pointing out that CG has apparently tossed that out the window for BBQ Anakin. It has nothing to do with their rosters and which is more "convenient" for them. I have no interest in a crispy Anakin. I find these reqs extremely silly and lacking any real reasoning for an awful lot of them.

Things you can be certain of as a result of certain reqs making no sense- they'll not be used to unlock him. Like JMK you'll only use 3-5 of them out of the entire roster. Which is CG wasting our "roster development" that they've predesigned for us.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

So then when for example JML has arguably the steepest requirements, why is he not the best GL? Also his key toons that make him more powerful (GAS and JKL) are getting severely nerfed against other GL’s making him weaker in the group. So where’s the return on the investment in terms of power level?

And you said you agree but understand that CG won’t do anything directly because “complexity” and “data”. We agree changes need to happen yesterday, but disagree on the urgency and responsibility of CG to directly do so.

He does? Ok. Who said those are his key toons, and why cant he get one(s) later that possible drives him "back up" the meta chain?

Where is the ROI on JML? I cant answer that for you, personally, but as always one of the great things about this game is choice and if you felt he was not worth the ROI you can choose not invest in him.

I guess you could say I "disagree" with the urgency, I mean we are all in the same boat, so I guess I agree things dont have to change "right now" or in one big move/fix, as long as there is a plan to make changes, which they said they have, by chipping away at it over time.
  • Options
    as much as I'm disappointed in the high relics here on moderately unusable units... at least there is no omega or crazy crap like more tuskins or jawas... totally mixed feelings, but all the r8/r9 is a total disappointment none-the-less...
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options

So by that logic shouldn’t JML be the best GL considering the effort needed to acquire him?

No

Some GLs are going to be easier to get, some will be harder, but they are in the same tier list
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options
    Also, didn't they just refund the relic 8s for GAS? So now some of the people who had relic 8 GAS spent those mats somewhere else and don't have him at the required relic, where they would have before.

R8 GAS requirement was announced with the first round before they refunded the R8 on GAS. So it would be players own fault if they didn't put it back on
  • Options
    Tarkin 😂😂😂
  • Options

He does? Ok. Who said those are his key toons, and why cant he get one(s) later that possible drives him "back up" the meta chain?

Where is the ROI on JML? I cant answer that for you, personally, but as always one of the great things about this game is choice and if you felt he was not worth the ROI you can choose not invest in him.

I guess you could say I "disagree" with the urgency, I mean we are all in the same boat, so I guess I agree things dont have to change "right now" or in one big move/fix, as long as there is a plan to make changes, which they said they have, by chipping away at it over time.

He requires JTR (a journey character with her own set of reqs and legendaries), JKL (who requires many relic toons and another journey character in CLS), as well as a the typical relic characters to unlock such as Han, Chewy (legendary), etc etc. I can keep going with him. So yes, his requirements are the steepest.

His ROI is being affected by these nerfs. JKL and GAS are being nerfed big time against opposing GL’s. Yes they are insanely key for him against other GL’s. What composition in arena do you not see them? I can think of one not having both going against JMK but still needing JLK regardless.

As for the gear economy, they do need to directly fix it. Their overtime fixes are not meeting the requirements and resource dump they’re setting. They need to have a direct fix to make G12 eventually be trivialized after a certain point with R5 now being the new minimum standard for reqs. There’s plenty they can do to help the gear economy. I don’t wanna hear about data and balance. It’s been well over a year since they started asking about what we thought was meaningful relief and “looked into it”. If they can’t figure it out after all this time they’re either not trying or bad at their research.

But it’s ok, this just pushes my heels even deeper into the ground to stay F2P until they actually make it worthwhile to spend money and not be taken for almost a g note for ONE character.
  • Options

No

Some GLs are going to be easier to get, some will be harder, but they are in the same tier list

In terms of what? Being a GL in that super exclusive level? I mean sure, but they said they want a paper scissors rock interaction with GL’s and not have one be supreme and unbeatable over all the others.
  • Options
    IronCross wrote: »
    No double drops with this group. Disappointing.
    Double Drops are coming August 28th and 29th. This will also be announced in a post later today once the Update goes live.