New Category - Guides

Prev1
EA_Jesse
663 posts SWGOH Dev Team
edited January 2018
Hey Everyone,

In order to help players more easily find guides I have decided to create a separate category for them.

This category is ONLY for guides, if you create a new discussion that is not a guide it will be moved to another area or removed. It's fine to reply to guides to share additional strategies or your thoughts on the guide though.

Cheers!
Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
Post edited by Kozispoon on

Replies

• Options
    I see potential in this.
    Member of The New Rebellion
  • SaVaGeTnK
    108 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Very nice. The forums are getting cluttered with the same topic over and over. Maybe create pinned topics for each characters discussion so new players can look there and seasoned players share and discuss there. The player submitted guides as non-pinned topics and moderate this area more strictly? Would be a good community "how to area"

PS: If the pinning of character discussion would hurt the other boards activity, then have those topics pinned there. But having everyday tens of topics of "how is my team" or "how about chewie" just bump down good topics for things covered extensively and in detail is a waste.
  • Options
    Done.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Done.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Options
    I'd like to also offer my appreciation and respect to all the guide writers. Your contributions are invaluable and truly enlightening.

Please PM me if you have any requests.

Also, there is a REPORT option if you feel your guide thread is being side-tracked. If you are the guide writer, the Original Poster, I will also assist via PM if you would like a moderator to take a look at posts you do not want clogging up the guide.

FashionFett.
  • Options
    I greatly appreciate this forum existing. It found me exactly the two threads I needed to read!
    "Be the change you wish to see in the world." Proud Consular.
  • Options
    JOIN THE FIRST ORDER!!!!! If interested message me on the line app @lordkylo951 thanks and enjoy your day :)
  • Options
    SaVaGeTnK wrote: »
    Very nice. The forums are getting cluttered with the same topic over and over. Maybe create pinned topics for each characters discussion so new players can look there and seasoned players share and discuss there. The player submitted guides as non-pinned topics and moderate this area more strictly? Would be a good community "how to area"

PS: If the pinning of character discussion would hurt the other boards activity, then have those topics pinned there. But having everyday tens of topics of "how is my team" or "how about chewie" just bump down good topics for things covered extensively and in detail is a waste.

AGREED MY FRIEND.
    Chris Beeler (BARONKARZA16)
  • Options
    One strategy I've found to be very helpful is character tageting. I've compared my style of gameplay with my 2 mates that play this and there is a drastic differece in the easiness of completion of some battles. I'm mostly an 'auto' player due to my confidence in my characters, 9/10 times they will successfully complete an battle with little to no loss. I've been doing this since the start pretty much and I've found that focusing all attacks on one character a time generally seems to work best (depending on the team/synergies).

i]Example: Opposing team; Sideous, Luminara, Dooku, Bariss and Ventress, all lvl 70 with gear lvl VII[/i
    1. ALWAYS go for Sideous first. If his potency is greater than yours theres a strong chance none of your team will be able to heal. Also getting rid of him means you can take down the other members without him gaining HP.
    2. Next is Bariss. Her heal ability is the only one in the game that ignores Sideous's Heal Block. Focus on her next to minimalise the chances of team healing.
    3. Then Luminara. Easy enough to defeat (if she hasnt got evasion up), plus once she down no more healers.
    4. Then Ventress because by the time you've go to her, where she's so slow, she will not have had a chance to max her Buffs.
    5. SAVE YOUR SPECIALS FOR DOOKU! His 100% counter chance is the bane of my existance sometimes, so you want maximum damage quick as possible to eradicate the amount of times he can counter.

This is just how I do it, man of you have alternative ways but hopefully this is helpful for those who are stuck in this point of the game :smile:
  • Options
    Abridd,

You can actually do 3 GW as opposed to the 2 on your guide. If you save Mondays you can clear that GW on Tuesday, you then have Tuesday's GW as your reset. You can then clear Wednesdays GW after server reset but before guild reset.
  • Options
    Misticl wrote: »
    Abridd,

You can actually do 3 GW as opposed to the 2 on your guide. If you save Mondays you can clear that GW on Tuesday, you then have Tuesday's GW as your reset. You can then clear Wednesdays GW after server reset but before guild reset.

best advice on the thread so far.
  • Options
    "SAVE YOUR SPECIALS FOR DOOKU! His 100% counter chance is the bane of my existance sometimes, so you want maximum damage quick as possible to eradicate the amount of times he can counter."
    Actually, Dooku counter attacks can be taunted by tanks
  • Options
    "SAVE YOUR SPECIALS FOR DOOKU! His 100% counter chance is the bane of my existance sometimes, so you want maximum damage quick as possible to eradicate the amount of times he can counter."

really?! is that just counter or bonus attacks aswell?

• Options
    AzurAzai wrote: »

really?! is that just counter or bonus attacks aswell?

This is actually new. Before a update, even if you had a taunt he would hit whoever hit him. This new update makes it easier because the taunt actually works now with counter attacks
  • Options
    hello im Munce Jaris
    im looking for a Guide, im in level 79, veri active in the game, i was many times first in the arena.
    my code is 391-997-123
  • MaLoZo
    8 posts Member
    Options
    Hi, i am dark sider! Very active 7 days a week, do all my dailys, i've invested much on the game and i'm looking for a good guild, i have 34 characters all 7 star level 80 and working on some others! My ally number is 971-563-268, Thanks!
  • Dreadnaught1411
    24 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    womp
    Post edited by Dreadnaught1411 on
  • Options
    Hi my name is Darhmall and I'm an officer in Far wars.

We are looking for new members who can complete the daily guild activities, the 600/600 activities that go toward the guild bank so we can start guild raids.

We are currently doing tier 5 raids and complete about 1 ever other day. Hopefully with more players collecting guild coins we can get that down to one raid ever day.

So we are hoping that you have toons that are level 5 or higher to help us with the raid, but if u are building and can complete the dailies we can work with you.

If u send me a ally invite I can send u an invite to our guild.

My ally code is 234-894-956

Thanks & good luck out there!
  • Options
    Unfortunately I have 35 Allies or I'don't invite you in a heartbeat.
  • Options
    Does anyone know how long you get to defeat the rncor as I have up and coming champs in my guild and just wonder if you only get a 24 hr spell to beat it ?
  • Options
    what time zone is the guild located in?
  • Options
    I have some Ideas I would like putting in place. The guide member should be able to vote for gluild leader. There also should be a rank based on time severed and things earned. Star wars ranking light side. Padone, jedi, jedi knight, jedi master n so on. Hide me back with what you think but will be great for the game
  • Options
    ...This category is ONLY for guides, if you create a new discussion that is not a guide it will be moved to another area or removed...
    So why is there so many non guide topics?

Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Options
    Keaven wrote: »
    ...This category is ONLY for guides, if you create a new discussion that is not a guide it will be moved to another area or removed...
    So why is there so many non guide topics?

Cleaned it up :)
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Now that there's a guides and resources section, why not move the guides forum there? Next to "the academy"?
  • Options
    Hey Everyone,

In order to help players more easily find guides I have decided to create a separate category for them.

This category is ONLY for guides, if you create a new discussion that is not a guide it will be moved to another area or removed. It's fine to reply to guides to share additional strategies or your thoughts on the guide though.

Cheers!

C3 333333333 .
This discussion has been closed.