I think the current Zeta drop rate is awful and needs a rework.

Brown89
174 posts Member
edited March 2017
So I know I'm not alone on this one!

I think the current Zeta drop rate is awful and needs a rework. Waiting for 3 days for 0 zeta's from 2 tries is sole destroying!

Why can't it be 1 a try or guaranteed at least 1 a day?

I appreciate alot of the game revolves around RNG; but everything else you can refresh or farm another way.

This current set up is just so frustrating!!!
Post edited by BentWookiee on

Replies

• Brown89
    174 posts Member
    Options
    Appreciate you can farm them through the shipments - but you know what I mean.

Also just to add it's 0/4 for attempts for me in the last 2 days!!!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    The idea is to make is a choice, this is a resource management game.

They want it low (or high variance) so that you have to choose to buy ships or zetas in fleet shipments.

Also they want to frustrate people into buy ships using crystals.

Don't think of the challenges as farming, think of them as bonus. You main source of zetas is fleet shipment. GW shop is great for ships until you have 1 or 2 zetas. Then manage 2-3 rare ships and still buy zetas when you hit 3k tokens.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    They do that because of whales. As soon as they release new stuff they max it all out and start complaining again the next week.
    If 50%(randomly selected number) of the player base chewed through all the new content they come out with, devs couldn't keep up with providing new content.
    That being said, yes the drop rates are phone-throwingly low and extremely aggravating.
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Options
    In five weeks I've managed to get 1 zeta. My F2P alt which unlocked the zeta challenge a month and a half after my main has already got 40, my main has barely gotten 30. This is with buying them from Shipments as well. My main has a higher ship rank 51-99 while my alt has a much lower rank 220 - 480.
  • Options
    I 3 starred the Zeta challenge last Sunday, 8 days ago. My drop rate is as follows.

4 sims = 1 Zeta
    2 sims = 1 Zeta
    2 sims = 2 Zeta
    2 sims = 3 Zeta

So I've been very fortunate to get a drop rate like 7/10. I've bought 5 as well so I'm sitting on 12 ATM. I cannot wait to have a Zader
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    Options
    some of us don't even have the zeta challenge unlocked yet and we have people complaining about the drop rate of them.
  • Brown89
    174 posts Member
    Options
    You have I much to look forward too then :-)
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    Options
    Brown89 wrote: »
    You have I much to look forward too then :-)

be a long wait for me.
  • Options
    They just have to release a zeta pack.. A full zeta for 70 bucks and i bet they will be so damb rich, cuz even f2p will buy one haha
  • LRMoser
    139 posts Member
    Options
    I don't mind the RNG with the battles but I hate it with the farming. I think this is not just a zeta issue but a farming issue in general.
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    Options
    i wouldn't pay $70 for any toon no matter what it has.

i think i've come across a zeta character now and then but i don't see them as game changers so i'll just keep taking my time until i unlock the challenge or they become available somewhere besides ship.
  • Options
    I 3 starred the Zeta challenge last Sunday, 8 days ago.

I unlocked the zeta challenge the same day as you, and my drop rates are nearly identical: 6 zetas dropped in challenges, plus I've bought 6, so I'm at 12 too.
  • Options
    I don't mind the drop rates as for me they seem to be roughly like gear/shard drop rates. Not great mind you but certainly not awful. Just imagine if the drop rates were better. All the whales would have all characters zeta'd and that wouldn't be fun at all.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    The idea is to make is a choice, this is a resource management game.

They want it low (or high variance) so that you have to choose to buy ships or zetas in fleet shipments.

Also they want to frustrate people into buy ships using crystals.

Don't think of the challenges as farming, think of them as bonus. You main source of zetas is fleet shipment. GW shop is great for ships until you have 1 or 2 zetas. Then manage 2-3 rare ships and still buy zetas when you hit 3k tokens.

This. Exactly this, zeta drop rate are fine
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Lol i have 15 and i started farming about two weeks ago
  • Options
    At my current rate I farm 1 zeta every 2 months from the challenge node.
  • Kronen
    306 posts Member
    Options
    Officially its about resource management. Like when omegas ere added they dont want too many in the game too soon. You have to gauge the importance of buying ship tokens vs zetas. The reality is it pumps up their value to get players to use all their fleet tokens on zetas and spend their money on ship packs in the store. So they keep the drop rate low. First they will start adding zeta challenges every few weeks. Then after 6 months from there they make them every other week. And maybe a year from now they will make the drop rate at least one for every challenge.
  • Nikka488
    277 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    After this weekend I have now gone two weeks with zero zetas. 0/12 so far. My last run of bad RNG was 0/16. The reason it bothers me is the huge variance. My buddy got 4 yesterday. I have never gotten 2, let alone 2 in a row. I love the game. I've spent a lot of money on it especially to get ships geared up. Simming Zetas has become the part of the game I dread. Yes I buy them in shipments. But watching my friends (who I'm happy are doing good) who are a full zeta or more ahead of me takes a lot of the fun out of the game.

Update: 0/13 now
    Post edited by Nikka488 on
  • c3pe0n
    120 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    it took me exactly two weeks to get 21 zetas and zeta kylo...thats with buying and farming in challenges

still better than farming cuffs/stun guns
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Options
    Brown89 wrote: »
    I think the current Zeta drop rate is awful and needs a rework. Waiting for 3 days for 0 zeta's from 2 tries is sole destroying!

Why are zetas destroying your shoes? :
  • Viserys
    461 posts Member
    Options
    spotremix wrote: »
    some of us don't even have the zeta challenge unlocked yet and we have people complaining about the drop rate of them.

You'll be able to join the second group when you do. Don't worry.
  • Options
    A guild mate of mine has 51 saved up. Ive gotten 15 in total and was only behind him by two weeks. Go ef urself CG. Thanks for screwing me out of arena.
  • Options
    I think the zeta drop rate is great and should stay where it is. Yesterday (Sunday) was the first time in over 2 weeks that I did not get a zeta from the challenges.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    i was wrong. deleted.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    DarthLucaz wrote: »
    A guild mate of mine has 51 saved up. Ive gotten 15 in total and was only behind him by two weeks. Go ef urself CG. Thanks for screwing me out of arena.

yes,CG intentionally conspired against you by giving your guild mate better luck than you just to rustle your jimmies