Arena Team Help

Hi all,

I wanted some advice if possible about the way to progress with my Arena team. I was hovering around rank 350 recently, but this last week I have made a push and can finish at the payout around 180-190. I want to take it to the next level now and see how far I can get.

My current team is mainly this:

- Rex Lead: g10
- Fives: g9
- Bobba: g9
- Vader: g9
- Tie Fighter Pilot: g9

I have been playing with a couple of different characters for the last spot however as my TFP is only 4* and is quite squishy, plus I haven't got any decent mods on him yet. So sometimes I have used Shoretrooper (who is also squishy as he is only 3*), and other times Geo Soldier.

This is what I have:

https://swgoh.gg/u/turgongw/

I was considering dropping Fives, but not sure who I could put in place?

Any advice is welcome, thanks!

SWGoH - TurgonGW
Guild - Starchoppers - Feel free to help us in the Raids!

Replies

• Options
    Bump! Any advice is appreciated

SWGoH - TurgonGW
  • Options
    I'm not one of the experts here, but if it were up to me I'd get rid of both Fives, TFP and Vader. Fives isn't much of a dmg dealer, and on defense people just save him for last. Your TFP only has 16k health, so he'd need some taunting tank to protect him. Also, Vader isn't much of a threat, unless there's some leader ability involved.

Instead I'd use geonosian soldier and royal guard. Geonosian soldier is a fast and great dmg dealer and royal guard's taunt and stun are both very useful. For the fifth spot, I'm not sure. Perhaps your shoretrooper will do. 30k health and the pre-taunt will be somewhat of a nuisance to attackers.
  • Options
    Wow, you are P2P i see. That's quite fast for someone who starts in the end of February and get 9 char with 7 stars, its huge. You should and should create the clone team because you have Rex and Fives. Go for Commander Cody if you can & farm Anakin for variation in your team. Anakin with the Clones is one of the strongest synergy in GW. You are waste TFP, Vader & Boba if Rex is the leader.
  • Options
    plindboe wrote: »
    I'm not one of the experts here, but if it were up to me I'd get rid of both Fives, TFP and Vader. Fives isn't much of a dmg dealer, and on defense people just save him for last. Your TFP only has 16k health, so he'd need some taunting tank to protect him. Also, Vader isn't much of a threat, unless there's some leader ability involved.

Instead I'd use geonosian soldier and royal guard. Geonosian soldier is a fast and great dmg dealer and royal guard's taunt and stun are both very useful. For the fifth spot, I'm not sure. Perhaps your shoretrooper will do. 30k health and the pre-taunt will be somewhat of a nuisance to attackers.

My reason for using Vader is to make use of the Debuffs - I can usually do the following: TFP's AoE attack, Vaders AoE attack and then use Vader's Culling Blade and Bobba's Execute which can KO at least one character if not two.

I nearly have TFP to 5* and once I have got him to 5* I am going to try and improve his Mods so he should become stronger. I do like Geo and RG and they usually serve me well so I will give that a go, thanks!
    Wow, you are P2P i see. That's quite fast for someone who starts in the end of February and get 9 char with 7 stars, its huge. You should and should create the clone team because you have Rex and Fives. Go for Commander Cody if you can & farm Anakin for variation in your team. Anakin with the Clones is one of the strongest synergy in GW. You are waste TFP, Vader & Boba if Rex is the leader.

I am not P2P no, I have brought the odd amount of crystals - I started playing early 2016 but I had a large break when I was addicted to Star Wars Force Collection instead - I only registered on swgoh in February and started playing seriously again around that time.

I would love a Clone team as I really love the Clone Wars series - I am currently working on improving Echo, but I see many posts saying Clones aren't really viable in top arena teams?

SWGoH - TurgonGW