A counter to speed meta that doesn't include more speed.

"All [faction] allies gain tenacity up at the start of each encounter and all [faction] support and attackers gain stealth at the start of each encounter"

I think this ability would enable even a slow team to be competitive against the current top speed meta teams including Zaul. The two biggest problems fighting a super fast team is that they can
a) kill your vulnerable characters
b) inflict debilitating debuffs at the beginning that are hard to come back from (ability block, buff immunity, cooldown increase, etc..)

The named ability would solve both of those without being overpowered and really let the two teams have a more balanced fight

Thoughts?

Replies

• sjkerhfgdjhd
    1009 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    The alternative to the speed meta is the heal meta. Chaze, Zarriss, and Nihilus lead all have the potential to overcome large speed deficits simply by healing as fast as the enemy can do damage. The Phoenix squad looks like it will also be based on heal, protection recovery, and counter attacking more than speed.
  • Options
    Rex(l) helps combat speed deficiencies since the enemy just funnels TM into your team
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    nerf damage, speed will become less important. people will rage though.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

only for high speed

just like that one update a year ago
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Supercat wrote: »

only for high speed

maybe rey will dodge that dmg nerf again and re-claim her position in the meta :p
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options

That's true. Since they aren't gonna do that I like to go for tanker characters that still do good damage (Aayla, JKA, Chirrut with Baze, zBoba). It does help you counter the speed meta. They just survive the opponents increased TM. I also run a Rex lead which helps a lot since like someone else said their cries are now just speeding me up.
  • Options
    Supercat wrote: »

only for high speed

The armor buff update, classic.