weird bug using the "back button"

I noticed this the other day and it happens all the time. I don't have screen shots or a video or anything but I'll explain:

Usually happens when I'm hunting for gear - I select the toon I want to bring up it's profile, then go through the process of searching for the gear I want. after simming for the gear, I'll use the "back" button at the top left of the screen to go back to the toon's profile page. If I hit the back button again, it will send me back to the screen where it shows where all of the gear is located. Hit back again and I'm back to the profile page - hit it again, back to the screen where all the gear is located.

Kind of hard to explain - but the gist of it is that you get stuck in a loop by using the back button. It's not a big deal, just hit the home button a couple of times and you're back to the main screen - but it's something I've never had an issue with in the past.

Replies

• Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Hiya!
    Our team has tried to reproduce this with multiple characters and pieces of gear, both on iOS and Android and cannot reproduce this.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • HorishBathens
    631 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @CG_Kozispoon Just posted a topic describing the same bug. Pressing back after pressing the 'find' button from any individual character screen to go to the nodes screen, brings you to the individual character screen. Pressing back again brings you to the 'node' screen, not the 'Characters' screen as expected, creating an infinite loop. Pressing home at any level brings you to the main home screen.

On Android.
  • Options
    I haven't had this issue personally, but have encountered something similar that seemed to pop up when the interface changes were mad enough recently.

While in the guild lobby I've gone through a couple of the different menus whether it be looking at leaderboards for a raid or going into the guild member list clicking a member and going through their roster.

I've gotten stuck in a loop at times clicking the home button sends you back to the guild lobby rather than the main cantina and won't allow me out of the guild lobby, the way I had to fix it was to press the back button which would take me back through all the previously visited screens till I was back to the guild lobby where I started and then click either back or home to get back to main cantina.
    Some of the brightest ideas are the hardest to see
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon
    just go to a character and select one of their gear items and click find
    then click nothing but the back button again and again
    it will keep looping to and from the character page to the gear location page
    the only way to resolve it is to click the home button
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    @CG_Kozispoon

I just ran into a similar issue with the mod management screen for a toon.

Steps to reproduce :
    - enter character screen
    - select any character
    - select mod management screen
    - select equipped mod (or don't didn't seem to change)
    - press back button - goes to character screen
    - press back button - goes to mod management screen
    - repeat

I have reproduced this on many toons with and without selecting a mod.
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon
    This usually happens when I'm in my "favorites" tab. The Mobiüs Wheel of Destiny.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Options
    1. Enter ship challenge (from ships)
    2. Enter the choice challenge
    3. Do challenge
    4. Hit back..
    5. ...
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @CG_Kozispoon Just posted a topic describing the same bug. Pressing back after pressing the 'find' button from any individual character screen to go to the nodes screen, brings you to the individual character screen. Pressing back again brings you to the 'node' screen, not the 'Characters' screen as expected, creating an infinite loop. Pressing home at any level brings you to the main home screen.

On Android.

On iOS here. Yes, have had this happen twice. Force quit fixes it.
    SnakesOnAPlane