Chopper's rivals are apparently K2SO and R2-D2??

JPBrunel
821 posts Member
edited March 2017
Where does this "rivalry" between Chopper and K-2SO come from? I don't see any evidence that supports this anywhere in the Star Wars canon, unless the devs know something about the canon that the rest of us don't. My feeling is that they are confusing K-2SO for AP-5, which is embarrassing to say the least. AP-5 is the closest thing to a rival for Chopper, although it is a friendly rivalry.
Post edited by JPBrunel on

Replies

• Options
    Kinda thought that as well. Is it just me, or does AP-5 sound an awful lot like Alan Rickman's portrayal of Marvin the Depressed robot in "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"?
  • Options
    Korgan1999 wrote: »
    Kinda thought that as well. Is it just me, or does AP-5 sound an awful lot like Alan Rickman's portrayal of Marvin the Depressed robot in "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"?

It's not just you. I was thinking Marvin the Paranoid Android as well, though not Rickman's portrayal per se.
  • Options
    I would think it would be R2-D2
  • Options
    The final round of the event had me battling R2D2... and he was a pain in the rear with his oil slick-fire trick and 8 attacks in a row.

Beat it, but wow!
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • Options

Yes, I can not stand the episodes where he talks a lot!

• Options
    Maybe they meet in Rebels or something.
  • Tannjam
    420 posts Member
    Options

They haven't as of yet.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Where do you see the rivalry?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

In the Event description. For example, My Tier III says "Battle CHOPPER'S Rival, R2D2!"

• Options

They don't meet in Rebels... A least not yet...
    SwiftMooky wrote: »
    I would think it would be R2-D2

R2 is not Chopper's rival...
  • Lasertoast
    26 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Darth Nihilus is in this game, and Ewoks and the Resistance fought the Seperatists in an event.

The game isn't canon. R2 and K2 are light side droids fighting for the Rebels, and so is Chopper. So maybe they could be seen as Friendly Rivals.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Guys think about it as a Fandom rivalry like for example
    I like R2 > K2 > chopper
    Some probably prefer K2 or Chopper
    The "rivalry" is who has more fans lol.
    But for this to be fair BB8 has to be on list so my order would be
    R2 > K2 > BB8 > Chopper

BTW watch Rebel season 1 episode 3 you will see R2 and Chopper fighting so use your imagination
  • Davius
    432 posts Member
    Options

Totally!
    In Alan Rickman Voice--> The 'A' in AP5 stands for Alan Rickman.

lol
  • c3pe0n
    120 posts Member
    Options
    FYI the ghost from rebels, chopper himself are in Rogue One. The ghost appears twice. and if you listen carefully while in the rebel base the page "General Syndulla" over the intercom...so it is totally possibly that R2, K2, and Chopper have all met at some point and time.
  • Brenolan
    1 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    They met in episode Distressed Droids in Season 1.
  • JPBrunel
    821 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    c3pe0n wrote: »
    FYI the ghost from rebels, chopper himself are in Rogue One. The ghost appears twice. and if you listen carefully while in the rebel base the page "General Syndulla" over the intercom...so it is totally possibly that R2, K2, and Chopper have all met at some point and time.

Yes of course, Chopper and R2 actually met before... And I'm not saying it's not possible that even K2 couldn't have met with them as well, way I'm saying is, to say they are "rivals" is a bit far fetched...
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

In the Event description. For example, My Tier III says "Battle CHOPPER'S Rival, R2D2!"

Lol - my bad, you are correct. I never read the actual description. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    JPBrunel wrote: »
    c3pe0n wrote: »

Yes of course, Chopper and R2 actually met before... And I'm not saying it's not possible that even K2 couldn't have met with them as well, way I'm saying is, to say they are "rivals" is a bit far fetched...

Meh. People that fit into the same category can be considered rivals regardless of their personal feelings for each other and whether or not they are in direct competition.

The mere fact that they are rebel droids makes them all rivals, along with any other unnamed rebel droids that are out there, and c3p0.

Sure there are some definitions of rival that don't fit, but there's one that fits with no question whatsoever.