Can plo koon counter zaul?

So ive tryed him against a zaul lead full sith squad (arena #8) enemy had zaul, palps,vader,sith trooper, zooku...
I used plo, gk,fives,rex, echo..
He had 47k and i just 44 ..my squad had 150 speed except rex with 189 .. Enemy all ~150-203 .. So i won the fight with a full squad.. Plo is able to fight zaul haha

Replies

• Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    AbyssalH wrote: »
    So ive tryed him against a zaul lead full sith squad (arena #8) enemy had zaul, palps,vader,sith trooper, zooku...
    He had 47k and i just 44 ..my squad had 150 speed except rex with 189 .. Enemy all ~150-203 .. So i won the fight with a full squad.. Plo is able to fight zaul haha

You didn't win BECAUSE of Plo. You won because you had two cleansers (Rex and GK), Echo to dispel and Plo to dispel and Fives to slow down the Zaul team. I'm not saying it shouldn't work, but tossing Plo in as the lead won't just magically make your team win. You still need minimum one cleanser, and preferably two.

Also, that's a very slow Zaul squad if they max out at 203 unless Zaul is going first.
  • Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

You didn't win BECAUSE of Plo. You won because you had two cleansers (Rex and GK), Echo to dispel and Plo to dispel and Fives to slow down the Zaul team. I'm not saying it shouldn't work, but tossing Plo in as the lead won't just magically make your team win. You still need minimum one cleanser, and preferably two.

Also, that's a very slow Zaul squad if they max out at 203 unless Zaul is going first.

Well.. +70 speed isnt slow imo.. Also plos leader made me target who i want.. And grant permanent +50% offense.. So actually his leader gave me +50 offense and no stealthed allys
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

Well.. +70 speed isnt slow imo.. Also plos leader made me target who i want.. And grant permanent +50% offense.. So actually his leader gave me +50 offense and no stealthed allys

Did you not have to target Sith Trooper first?
    Nevermind the enemy didn't have Nihilus Echo could use his grenade.

I mean, the Zauls on my shard all have EP around 210-230. (Mine's 221). And Dooku is very easy to get over 250. Plo's leader is nice, but that's not really an amazing sith squad. Zooku really isn't that great (especially because when he gains critical immunity from his unique he no longer gains TM from Zaul lead). I'm saying you could have probably won with many other leader abilities while keeping that same team.

It's not really a true counter unless they're actually going to have trouble with your team on offense, but it can work. Just don't expect Plo's lead to work against a squad with Nihilus or Sith Assassin or Zidious in it.
  • Options
    The zMaul team's specific speed is slower than the ones I see, but still faster than the OP's team.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    The zMaul team's specific speed is slower than the ones I see, but still faster than the OP's team.

Agreed, but I think the double cleanse was more critical to his victory than simply just the Plo Koon lead. I tried a Plo lead against a Zaul team before I could get my hands on a zeta ability and even with my TFP going before some of the enemy Sith and removing stealth it wasn't enough because they could still stun, and daze my team and I couldn't quite get back from that. Now with Nihilus especially it would be very hard even with two cleansers because he can stop them from cleansing that first round.

Which is why I think he could use a slight buff and rework so you can really make use of being able to target specific characters when you've unstealthed them. His leader does have room for a zeta to be the absolute counter to Maul ;)
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/972359/#Comment_972359