Please put Mod Packs back up for sale.

Valace21
90 posts Member
edited March 2017
It royally blows being held back because of mods and I will not pay the loan shark cost of mods out of shipments I have even refreshed a few times just trying to get decent mods for credits, and I haven't even been tempted by the ones offered up for crystals.

Mod challenges are no recourse, and I have even stopped trying to farm them.

I want to spend money on your product LET ME!!

Post edited by Valace21 on

Replies

• Options
    I never did buy the mod packs from the store; did they really have that good of drops?
  • ptr
    173 posts Member
    Options
    +1

@CG_Kozispoon last time you mentioned that you are looking at mod packs. Is there any update on this please?
  • Options
    +1

Yes, mod packs were outstanding. 599 crystals for 5-8 mods, all colored, and most were 4-5 dot.

It wasn't even 5-8 mods as in "it will always be 5"...I bought three times and got 7, 7, 8.
  • Options
    Exletion wrote: »
    I never did buy the mod packs from the store; did they really have that good of drops?

At the beginning they were unbelievably amazing, 5 dot drops of various colors but including a lot of purple and gold.

After a time, it seemed like less and less 5 dots were dropping, but still a lot of gold and purple.

I can't believe that the numbers didn't support them keeping them for sale, because dozens of members in my guild and a lot of guilds I am connected with bought the heck out of them.

My cousin who is more F2P than I am spent over a crate on them.

It was the variety that was the real winner, I have a couple pretty nice speed sets one in particular that I got most of from mod packs which allowed me to get my TFP to 277 speed, and I don't even have speed challenges unlocked.

Now I am not even looking for speed, just some with offense with crit chance for my clones, and they are just not there.

• Options
    TheDude420 wrote: »
    +1

Yes, mod packs were outstanding. 599 crystals for 5-8 mods, all colored, and most were 4-5 dot.

It wasn't even 5-8 mods as in "it will always be 5"...I bought three times and got 7, 7, 8.

I know it probably bites into profits from mod shipments, but money is still flowing in.

Once you get to a certain point, the bottleneck isn't gear, its mods.
  • Options

3 weeks of challenges followed by 1.5 weeks of mod store = 2 speed secondaries with 10 speed (and maybe 4-5 with less than 10). Both along the lines of "cross mod with health as primary stat".

So yeah mod packs are the way to go. Results are MUCH better.
  • vessaharja
    585 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I just wish they would tell a couple of weeks in advance so I could save some Cs (and in that case would also invest some bucks!).
  • Options
    vessaharja wrote: »

3 weeks of challenges followed by 1.5 weeks of mod store = 2 speed secondaries with 10 speed (and maybe 4-5 with less than 10). Both along the lines of "cross mod with health as primary stat".

So yeah mod packs are the way to go. Results are MUCH better.

Ah too bad. I hope they bring them back eventually as well then.
  • Options
    Mod packs =

9NwdJfy.gif
  • Options
    They were the best deal I've ever seen offered.

I know it's subjective, but when you consider how many cantina refreshes you'd have to buy to end up with 5-8 colored mods, you 're looking at some serious crystals.

Only benefit of cantina refreshes vs packs was picking the type of mod w refreshes. But I prefer the stress-free route, instantly getting 5-8 mods without the grinding frustration and at a more cost-effective rate.

My only concern is it was TOO good a deal, and we may never see it in its prior iteration.
  • Options

I know it's subjective, but when you consider how many cantina refreshes you'd have to buy to end up with 5-8 colored mods, you 're looking at some serious crystals.

Only benefit of cantina refreshes vs packs was picking the type of mod w refreshes. But I prefer the stress-free route, instantly getting 5-8 mods without the grinding frustration and at a more cost-effective rate.

My only concern is it was TOO good a deal, and we may never see it in its prior iteration.

Well sure now it will be 1200 crystals with a chance to get 1 colored mod with a chance to get 3.

Sad, it was such a great thing.
  • Options

At least from me it's no cantina refreshes anymore.

I have my toons starred an leveled, I have a surplus of credits, so if I see a decent one in shipments for credits I buy it.

Getting 3600 crystals from me in a day, is better than no crystals from me.

Still farming Bariss an Ren and I used to refresh three times, now I am down to one.
  • Options
    I've lost count of how many times I've mentioned and seen other comments on how we are just chomping at the bit with credit cards out waiting for mod pack return. For months now. Devs don't care.
  • Serya
    334 posts Member
    Options
    +1
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    I am really dreading the possibility that the reason mod packs haven't come back is that... 6-7 dot mods are coming soon. They are not selling a bunch of 3-5 dot mods now, because of how boiling angry their customers would be to see them made obsolete soon after.

I can deal with a level cap increase this spring/summer. But the thought of higher level mods makes me want to terror vomit my bones out. :s
  • Options
    +1
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    200_s.gif
    Hiya!
    • We've been looking into how to improve Mod Packs
    • They ARE coming back
    • When: In the next couple months.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • 3Cheers4Tyranny
    2084 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    I am really dreading the possibility that the reason mod packs haven't come back is that... 6-7 dot mods are coming soon. They are not selling a bunch of 3-5 dot mods now, because of how boiling angry their customers would be to see them made obsolete soon after.

I can deal with a level cap increase this spring/summer. But the thought of higher level mods makes me want to terror vomit my bones out. :s

It's so logical that it's scary :s
  • Options
    Kozi, mate.

They don't need improving.

They are fine and well priced, however I fear when you say you are looking to improve them you actually mean 'improve profit margins on them' ?

Lol pleeeeeeaseeeeeeeee dont they are great already :)
  • Options
    200_s.gif
    Hiya!
    • They ARE coming back

No offense, but from our side the packs didn't need improvement lol.

• Options

That is something that could get me to quit the game.
  • Options
    If they return they best be the same price

I will be very well annoyed if they up the price:/
  • Options
    Awesome, thanks for the feedback @CG_Kozispoon !! :smiley:
  • Mylion
    62 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @CG_Kozispoon as a user who has spent an enourmous amount of money on this game mods are absolutely overpriced and the drop rates are pathetic. Mods with out speed secondaries are essentialy worthless and spending 40$ to see everything else but speed upgrade is beyond irritating. A rollable mod should cost no more than 5$. For 40$ it should already have all properties rolled. We need a way to reroll mod stats instead of being stuck with a wasted investment. Mods and the reliance of speed for everything in the game (9b anyone) needs to be fixed. Whether you get a good mod or not shouldnt be based on pure luck especially after spending 40$. So i hope the changes to mod packs and mods in general are to provide more value to the players and to equalize the value of secondaries.
  • Options
    Valace21 wrote: »

That is something that could get me to quit the game.

One big upside to 6/7 dot mods though is that your characters vs. PVE would get stronger - assuming they don't re-adjust PVE difficulty, which I doubt they would. So hard nodes, raids, etc. would get much easier.
  • Options
    200_s.gif
    Hiya!
    • They ARE coming back

In other words they will come back at the cost of 2999 crystals?
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    200_s.gif
    Hiya!
    • They ARE coming back

In other words they will come back at the cost of 2999 crystals?

Yes, 5 mods with a chance of 30
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    200_s.gif
    Hiya!
    • They ARE coming back

Ll8g8.gif