Guild Daily Activities payout

Not sure if it's been discussed before, or if this belongs in this section, or if people would be loving this or hating this.

I find the payouts of Guild Currency not fair for the Daily Activities. Not the Raid payouts.

For example: Achieving Tier 1 on an Energy day of 2500.

(not using real names or numbers)
Bob = 540
Chris = 520
Terri = 500
Moody = 500
Joyce = 380
Bobbi = 290
Nate = 36
Dan = 0

Why would payouts be: 89, 86, 83, 83, 80, 78, 76, 0

I understand it's a team effort to achieve 1 goal. But shouldn't the people doing more than their fair share get a little more?

Maybe something closer to (but not exactly) proportional: 100, 95, 90, 90, 70, 62, 15, 0 ?

Or would it make more sense to actually make it proportional: 216, 208, 200, 200, 152, 116, 14, 0 ?

If that too big of a payout: 108, 104, 100, 100, 76, 58, 7, 0 ?

Just curious what others think about this.
When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.

Replies

• Options
    No one else feels Guild Activities Payouts should be more fair?

• crzydroid
    7325 posts Moderator
    Options
    I like the top spots being close together so it's not a competition. Instinct says maybe there should be a sharp drop off for people who don't contribute (not by rank, but by actual amount contributed). However, the people that don't contribute jack perplex me; if they can't be motivated to do more just for the sake of their own dailies and grinds, I don't think losing guild coins will motivate them. Still, maybe giving 0 rewards to the people who do just ONE GW or challenge could encourage some.
  • Options
    for me i don't care about activity payouts unless its challenge day or GW day. im usually bottom 41-50 in the activity tiers. I don't think anyone cares that i still get 70-100 currency for only a contribution of 2 or 3 battles. but if i got proportionally less i wouldn't mind either, because they are deciding to chase the currency rather than the gear needs, so they should get more than me
  • Options
    ^^ bump
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options
    for me i don't care about activity payouts unless its challenge day or GW day. im usually bottom 41-50 in the activity tiers. I don't think anyone cares that i still get 70-100 currency for only a contribution of 2 or 3 battles. but if i got proportionally less i wouldn't mind either, because they are deciding to chase the currency rather than the gear needs, so they should get more than me

+1
    Same story here.
  • Options
    RacerDejak wrote: »

+1
    Same story here.
    I'm going to assume you both maxed out your Top 30 Toons, and everything that's offered in the Guild Shop is a waste of space?

At the moment, I want/need the Guild Coins to buy shards. In maybe 10 months, I should be at the point that I need it to only buy the gear and salvage in the Guild Shop.

Plus I'm in a not-full Guild where there are at most 15-20 participants, a lot of "no-shows" and "barely there", so we all depend on the contributions of those who show up and try. If we had a full Guild with only 2-3 members barely participating, it's not a big deal.

Yes, I could leave and join another, but I don't consider myself a hardcore, so that's why I joined a casual guild.

It's kinda like that in the real world at work too.

• RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options

+1
    Same story here.
    I'm going to assume you both maxed out your Top 30 Toons, and everything that's offered in the Guild Shop is a waste of space?

At the moment, I want/need the Guild Coins to buy shards. In maybe 10 months, I should be at the point that I need it to only buy the gear and salvage in the Guild Shop.

Plus I'm in a not-full Guild where there are at most 15-20 participants, a lot of "no-shows" and "barely there", so we all depend on the contributions of those who show up and try. If we had a full Guild with only 2-3 members barely participating, it's not a big deal.

Yes, I could leave and join another, but I don't consider myself a hardcore, so that's why I joined a casual guild.

It's kinda like that in the real world at work too.

It's not like that.. it's why i choose other way around, to maxed my toon. My goal now is gearing up, sure it's long way. I don't maximize guild coin activities unless what require in daily activities.

Ex : Activities is hard node, sure i can't do that.. it will slowing my gear farming. But if people wanna do that, that's fine. I will maximize my guild coin activity, only if it's not slowing my current goal. Ex : my GW guild activities always 36, also with challenge activities.

Anyway, guild shop is slow farm shad, how many chars that u wanna starred up? I guess many chars.

The coin is just fine, no need to change whole game. It's u i think who need to change.. u need to find guild which prioritize in guild coin activities. :(
  • Options
    It's not like that.. it's why i choose other way around, to maxed my toon. My goal now is gearing up, sure it's long way. I don't maximize guild coin activities unless what require in daily activities.

Ex : Activities is hard node, sure i can't do that.. it will slowing my gear farming. But if people wanna do that, that's fine. I will maximize my guild coin activity, only if it's not slowing my current goal. Ex : my GW guild activities always 36, also with challenge activities.

Anyway, guild shop is slow farm shad, how many chars that u wanna starred up? I guess many chars.

The coin is just fine, no need to change whole game. It's u i think who need to change.. u need to find guild which prioritize in guild coin activities. :(
    When you explain it, it's makes sense because it justifies your goals. It's the people who are not talking, and not contributing that's annoying. Plus life happens, and people disappear for a couple days, those I don't count, nor hold a grudge.

For me since I created the thread, I was made an Officer of the Guild, and I've purged a few people. We've gotten some fresh blood who have contributed on a regular basis. My post you quoted and my OP is a little disjointed, as I re-read the whole thing again.

Back then I was a "noob", with IIRC, just THREE 4* Toons, thus not able to participate in Raids, and the Guild Payout yielded 1 purchase of 5 shards after 5 days worth of Guild Activities.

The yield is better now. As I've also participated in 11(?) Raids.

To answer your question about my Guild Shop purchases, Rex, Jyn, and Boba Fett (less now) are my primary targets. Boba Fett is now 5*, 1/3 to 6* thanks to node farming and Fleet Shop. Jyn is only 50/80 to unlock, and Rex is further behind at 24/80. I believe Maul showed up a couple times as well to help me unlock him.

• Options
    What I don’t get is if two people are tied for the number 1 spot the third person gets bronze what happens to silver ?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Z2gop wrote: »
    What I don’t get is if two people are tied for the number 1 spot the third person gets bronze what happens to silver ?

Is this a serious question? If there are two people above you, you are third, whether they are tied with each other or not.
  • Options
    Related but off main topic: what is the maximum tier bonus reward for GW activity? (In guild tokens)