MKIII Zaltin Bacta Gel

This has to be the worst gear piece in the game at present. This gear should be the gawd of all gear pieces by what you shove into making it & yet you get the worst return on investment I've ever seen in regards to gear.

MK3 Zaltin Bacta Gel:
+10 Str
+10 Agi
+10 Tac
+60 Physical crit chance
+60 Special crit chance

Components:
MK5 Carbani Carbani sensor array
+21 Tac
+140 Special damage
+50 Special crit chance

MK5 Nubian design tech
+10 Str
+10 Agi
+35 Tac
+6 Speed
+10 resistance penetration

MK4 Athakam medpac
+10 Str
+40 Agi
+10 Tac
+15 Special damage
+30 special crit chance

50 X Zaltin Bacta gel salvage

Just by looking at the stats of everything combined we have:
+20 Str
+50 Agi
+66 Tac
+6 Speed
+155 Special damage
+80 Special crit chance
+10 Resistance penetration

Where on gawd's green earth do you get the stats for that 1 gear piece when it obviously should be so much more? I look at most of the other gear items that combine other pieces together to make 1 unit & most of them actually give more from less... E.g. Mk5 furnace.

So where did this gear piece fall out the bus? Are there more of these? If so please, can someone explain the logic behind this? Devs? Anyone?

I feel this is so not worth throwing so many big items into it due to its minimal return of stats.

Replies

• Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    A lot of the TAC gear that you give EP, Nihilus, and QGJ when gearing them up you combine 2 of the +17 TAC components and get +19 for the next piece of gear. It's essentially to make farming gear take longer, but not make your characters too much more powerful compared to before.