How can I solo rancor with my setup?

FleetCommand
151 posts Member
edited March 2017
Asuuming zader lead then

sidious EP

NO TIE FIGHTER PILOT

thinking rex for last spot

any one knows a no TFP team from my rooster that can do it?

I'm hopping to zeta vader tonight and take him in the rancor directly but I can't find any guide with no TFP

Thankyou in advance
Post edited by FleetCommand on

Replies

• Options
    You don't need TFP if your Team is fast enought. Zader Lead TM reduction can't be resisted.

Solo Phase 1 with Zader, EP , Sid, QGJ and Rex.

Attack the Doorpanel and put your debuffs (Speed Down) on the Rancor.

Then hit automode (only basics). Repeat this in Phase 3.
  • FleetCommand
    151 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    GA_Phoenix wrote: »
    You don't need TFP if your Team is fast enought. Zader Lead TM reduction can't be resisted.

Then hit automode (only basics). Repeat this in Phase 3.

should i use teebo instead of qgj?

Thankyou sir
  • Options
    What speed do you need on those toons to be effective.
  • Options

I recommend at least 180 Speed for each Toon.

No Teebo can only reduce TM with his basic when he is cloaked. He need to be the leader to be effective in the Raid.

QGJ is faster and his Basic can reduce TM if omegaed.

• rawman
    685 posts Member
    Options

Who is inflicting speed down in this setup?
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    rawman wrote: »

Vader
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • rawman
    685 posts Member
    Options
    Achilles wrote: »
    rawman wrote: »

Vader
    How does Vader inflict speed down?
  • Options
    Omegaed Force Crush inflicts Speed down but it's not really necessary if your Team ist fast enough.
  • rawman
    685 posts Member
    Options
    Aaah completely overseen that. Thx for info mate.
  • Options
    Thankyou all first atempt tonight wish me luck :)
  • Options
    Good luck! :smiley:

If you manage to beat the pigs you will have no problems with the rest of the raid. You can auto through the rest using basics.
  • Options
    Just curious: how can you solo it? The rancor from time to time eats a character, he will eat the 5 before you kill him, or is there a way to avoid that?
  • Corrog
    308 posts Member
    Options
    Iceih_SWG wrote: »
    Just curious: how can you solo it? The rancor from time to time eats a character, he will eat the 5 before you kill him, or is there a way to avoid that?

I could be wrong, as I've never done it, but I believe soloing the Rancor is all about turn meter reduction. The Rancor can't eat your characters if he never gets a turn.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Corrog wrote: »

I could be wrong, as I've never done it, but I believe soloing the Rancor is all about turn meter reduction. The Rancor can't eat your characters if he never gets a turn.

you're right, the rancor doesn't get to take a turn in the entire raid. The pigs usually get a hit or two in though.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Omegaed Force Crush inflicts Speed down but it's not really necessary if your Team ist fast enough.

Thankyou sir 10.3 m dmg it went exactly how you said it would and i lost 1 char in P2 due to greed but managed to solo it with 4 :D thankyou so so much !!!!
  • Options

so zader+2 siths at 180+ speed + rex + qgj

1 focus middle pig for reduction and get trough p1 force crush and aoe for dots often

2 in p2 p3 and p4 in the begining cast force crush to inflict speed down then auto only with basic atacks

the rancor doesen't get to hit with zader not even once. Don't be greedy- like me and cast blade because you will remove speed down and he will hit you

I soloed it just now first time ever with only 4 toons - I lost 1 in p1 due to greed

you don't need to triger the door just atack on auto with basics and he doesen't go in any phase

zader=love++++
  • Options
    You're welcome! :smiley:
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    TFP inflicts tenacity down which isn't needed for tm removal under zader, but you need it to inflict dots and speed down.
  • Tophar
    111 posts Member
    Options
    I must have been going about this wrong then, ive not managed one yet (tend not to hit rancor as we let guys who havnt 7 han yet go FFA before the rest)
    I only really do test runs but really haven't got it working at all yet. Would just be nice to know I can do it if I ever need to lol

Been running Zader (178 sp) sid (225) dooku (224) then emp and RG (both about 150) - is my issue purely because RG/emp aren't fast enough or is QGJ and rex better options??
  • Options
    I'd say speed plays into it a lot. The other part of it is probably whether or not you use their specials ever... because you shouldn't.
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

I recommend at least 180 Speed for each Toon.

No Teebo can only reduce TM with his basic when he is cloaked. He need to be the leader to be effective in the Raid.

QGJ is faster and his Basic can reduce TM if omegaed.

I disagree. I had more success with Teebo as an emergency TM reducer than with QGJ. With 4 sith/empire you're ok with Teebo just regular hitting most of the time, but he is great in P1, and a good clutch for the other phases, if RNG causes TM to heap up on Rancor.

Better have good speed mods if you're not using tfp...

E: one other thing: without TFP, the TM reduction of QGJ and Teebo can be resisted... and even more vital: so can speed down. So not sure how doable it is without TFP.
  • GA_Phoenix
    368 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Acrofales wrote: »
    I had more success with Teebo as an emergency TM reducer than with QGJ.

I agree. He is a good emergency toon for phase 1 but it's all about basic automode if yo manage to get to phase 2. From this point on, teebo is absolutely useless and outclassed by QGJ.

• Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    Options
    Tophar wrote: »
    I must have been going about this wrong then, ive not managed one yet (tend not to hit rancor as we let guys who havnt 7 han yet go FFA before the rest)
    I only really do test runs but really haven't got it working at all yet. Would just be nice to know I can do it if I ever need to lol

Been running Zader (178 sp) sid (225) dooku (224) then emp and RG (both about 150) - is my issue purely because RG/emp aren't fast enough or is QGJ and rex better options??

RG is too slow and EP is way too slow. Try to get EP above 180, and RG in the 160 range. Also make sure your speed down is sticking. If not, you need more potency on Vader or TFP. Or 30% more speed across the board ;)
  • Options
    Potency on TFP!? oO
    Why? Its usefull for his AOE but there is no need for this against the rancor.
    Tenacy down from his basic can't be resisted if he hit critical.
  • Options
    Potency on TFP!? oO
    Why? Its usefull for his AOE but there is no need for this against the rancor.
    Tenacy down from his basic can't be resisted if he hit critical.

There was a comma missing there: you need potency on Vader, or you need TFP.
  • Tophar
    111 posts Member
    Options
    Acrofales wrote: »

RG is too slow and EP is way too slow. Try to get EP above 180, and RG in the 160 range. Also make sure your speed down is sticking. If not, you need more potency on Vader or TFP. Or 30% more speed across the board ;)

Yeah - when I started to look at it more they are a fair bit below the others, I don't use them for arena or anything so they only tend to get 2nd rate speed mods lol

Is running QGJ and/or rex in there instead viable? im farming TFP as I think he's prob the answer to this with his speed