Crystals for gear in shipments or energy refreshes?

Title says it all...what gear do you consider a "good deal" to buy with crystals? I'm talking fully crafted stun guns and thermal dets since I'm currently building up my clone team for heroic AAT. Or do you spend crystals on doing two 50/50 refreshes?

Replies

• Options
    I do 50/50 everyday and still save up enough crystals from Arena/daily's to purchase fully crafted gear. Try to do that if you can
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Gear - all the way. As you can buy outright full pieces of gear in less time than you would farming for.

I use energy to farm for lower level gear;

crystals, raid points and shard shop for higher gear

Cantina energy for farming shards, as well as GW currency and Ship store.

Cantina energy and rarely purchase from the store for mods.

That's what I do and it seems to work pretty well.

However if you are not level 85 - buying energy for nodes to gain XP is a good way to level up.
  • Options
    Refreshes are only more important if you are not at the level cap
  • Options
    KGbWolf wrote: »
    Refreshes are only more important if you are not at the level cap

I honestly never thought of it that way. I am currently at maxed level 85 so I'm trying to figure the best way to manage crystals. All of the above advice makes sense. Thanks!
  • Options
    The 50 crystal energy refreshes give more gear salvage than buying the gear outright. 100 crystal refreshes are less efficient. I think only the 750 crystal gold gear are more efficient to buy than to farm with 50 crystal refeshes.