How to spend cristals

Hi everyone!!

I am a f2p. My current level is 84. I am wandering what I should do with cristals after level up. Usually, I use them for energy refreshing and shards. I have never used them for gear. I wanted to do that, but I was trying to get level 85 ASAP. My current rank is 188. Any idea what to do?

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    50/50 regular refreshes are pretty important even when not pushing lvls. At a minimum you will need 1 to get 600/600 for your guild.

After that save for gear.
  • Options
    I posted the same thing yesterday and was told the same. I can get a little overboard when refreshing but that's because I get impatient. I'm already maxed level and all of those XP points are being wasted. I do spend a little money but I definitely need better ways to spend crystals rather than constantly refreshing for 1 piece of gear to drop.
  • Options
    Don't underestimate the value of refreshes even at max level.
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    Options
    Basically refreshes out side of the very first level are generally not worth it.

You will even reach a point where you don't really want/need any characters in the cantina either. You could use those 200 crystals in refreshes to farm mods...

Another good suggestion, if really need specific/particular mods (like speed secondary etc) is to use those crystals to refresh the mod store at 15 per refresh then buy mods for credits.

They key is to manage your crystal income... You really want to make a net profit on crystals each day, so you want to adjust what refreshes/spending you can do each da. This will allow you to buy gear that is less efficient to farm. The gold items for 750 is a pretty good deal.
  • Austin09370
    850 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Two regular energy refreshes is a must everyday regardless of your level. If you want to get to 85 quicker, farm the higher nodes that give more XP per energy used.

One or two cantina energy per day depending on your arena payout.

Hopefully after you hit level 85 (you'll get a prize box daily that gives 5-100 crystals among other things) you'll then be able to start accruing excess crystals for gear, data packs, or additional refreshes.
  • Options
    OK then I will save them for gear. I want to ask this; what is the important thing that make toon more powerful, gear level or star? I think gear level. Sometimes I also use them for shards but rarely. Should I only buy gear or shards. Or both?
  • Options
    Twin wrote: »
    Basically refreshes out side of the very first level are generally not worth it.

You will even reach a point where you don't really want/need any characters in the cantina either. You could use those 200 crystals in refreshes to farm mods...

Another good suggestion, if really need specific/particular mods (like speed secondary etc) is to use those crystals to refresh the mod store at 15 per refresh then buy mods for credits.

They key is to manage your crystal income... You really want to make a net profit on crystals each day, so you want to adjust what refreshes/spending you can do each da. This will allow you to buy gear that is less efficient to farm. The gold items for 750 is a pretty good deal.

My arena team
    Phasma L
    GS
    Asajj
    Rg
    Rey

All lvl 84, g10 except Rg g9
    Rey's speed is 255. I know most of the players are not using her now, but I like playing with her.

Also I have QGJ g10 nearly g11. Should I use him in my arena team?
  • Options
    Two regular energy refreshes is a must everyday regardless of your level. If you want to get to 85 quicker, farm the higher nodes that give more XP per energy used.

Hopefully after you hit level 85 (you'll get a prize box daily that gives 5-100 crystals among other things) you'll then be able to start accruing excess crystals for gear, data packs, or additional refreshes.

Thanks, I will farm higher nodes.
  • Options

Don't you always get 1 xp for every 1 energy spent? True for all the nodes I just checked.
  • Options

Don't you always get 1 xp for every 1 energy spent? True for all the nodes I just checked.

Yes, I checked too.
  • Rumpelstilzchen
    1754 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    50/50 regular refreshes are pretty important even when not pushing lvls. At a minimum you will need 1 to get 600/600 for your guild.

After that save for gear.

^^ This, Energy refresh, gear, only.
  • Options
    My last 5 packs: baze malbus character/ 10 death trooper shards X2 / b2 shards / reg toon shards. I usually like to use on refreshes and gear but I've been seeing a good return since the r1 drop
  • Options
    OK then I will save them for gear. I want to ask this; what is the important thing that make toon more powerful, gear level or star? I think gear level. Sometimes I also use them for shards but rarely. Should I only buy gear or shards. Or both?

Gear is far more important. Don't buy shards. Unless it's some of new toons and you really want them
  • Options
    100 on cantina every day
    Save the rest for gear.
    Occasionally use them for normal energy if you need a lot of blue gear.
  • Austin09370
    850 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @Unimatrix010 and @Yolcuberserk

Look at the level 9 nodes...for normal battles you spend 10 energy and get 12 XP. For hard nodes you spend 20 energy and get 24 XP. So basically an exra 20% of XP.
  • Options
    @Unimatrix010 and @Yolcuberserk

Look at the level 9 nodes...for normal battles you spend 10 energy and get 12 XP. For hard nodes you spend 20 energy and get 24 XP. So basically an exra 20% of XP.

Huh, I didn't know that. Thanks a lot, will take advantage of that immediately!