Does death mark work vs zMaul leads?

Rakim
267 posts Member
Has anyone tried it? It's a guaranteed crit if they have any debuffs on them. Does that put the sith into stealth, cancelling out death mark?

Replies

• Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Options
    I would bet that it would send them into stealth and drop the death mark. I actually tried to test this out today, my gw had a zmaul team on node 6. Unfortunately deathtrooper was dead before I could kill any of them so I can't confirm if it does or not.
  • Rakim
    267 posts Member
    Options
    Drax_77 wrote: »
    I would bet that it would send them into stealth and drop the death mark. I actually tried to test this out today, my gw had a zmaul team on node 6. Unfortunately deathtrooper was dead before I could kill any of them so I can't confirm if it does or not.

That's what I'm thinking would happen which would suck. Does anyone have any confirmation on this?
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Just tested this.

I run: zVader, zDN, DT, TFP and GK.
    My 1st opponent: zMaul, zDN, sass, EP and GK.

My 2nd opponent: zMaul, DN, zSO, EP and GK.

First scenario:

I killed off my opposing EP first. I targeted DN as soon as I was able too with DT. zDN had 2 dots on him from Vader but also had buff block from tfp. The death mark stuck.

Second scenario:

I killed off opposing maul first. The gk. I targeted zSavage who had a ton of debuffs, but didn't have buff block. I hit him with death mark and sure enough, it crit and he stealth and death mark didn't apply.

So. That sucks. Death mark will NOT apply vs opposing mauls unless you have landed buff block first.
  • Rakim
    267 posts Member
    Options
    That's good to know @Nebulous thanks for the info
  • Options
    Nebulous wrote: »
    Just tested this.

First scenario:

I killed off my opposing EP first. I targeted DN as soon as I was able too with DT. zDN had 2 dots on him from Vader but also had buff block from tfp. The death mark stuck.

Second scenario:

I killed off opposing maul first. The gk. I targeted zSavage who had a ton of debuffs, but didn't have buff block. I hit him with death mark and sure enough, it crit and he stealth and death mark didn't apply.

So. That sucks. Death mark will NOT apply vs opposing mauls unless you have landed buff block first.
    In the second scenario did the deathmark not stick because he stealthed or because he dispels all debuffs on himself when critically hit? I'd be curious to see if it sticks on a different sith without immunity buff on a critical hit.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Just tested this.

First scenario:

Second scenario:

In the second scenario did the deathmark not stick because he stealthed or because he dispels all debuffs on himself when critically hit? I'd be curious to see if it sticks on a different sith without immunity buff on a critical hit.
    Just tested this.

First scenario:

Second scenario:

That's a solid question. I'll test it again right now. Though, looking at death trooper's ability, damage is applied first, then the debuff so it shouldn't be there to be cleansed. My guess will be that in my 3rd scenario, the mark will still drop.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    If I remember correctly the death mark will stick but they still go stealth effectively making it useless since you are unable to target them...
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    Smapty wrote: »
    If I remember correctly the death mark will stick but they still go stealth effectively making it useless since you are unable to target them...

if this is accurate, aoe will still work for the extra damage. So not a total waste. I'm out of battles today so I'll have to update tomorrow.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    Rakim wrote: »
    Has anyone tried it? It's a guaranteed crit if they have any debuffs on them. Does that put the sith into stealth, cancelling out death mark?

Yep so they need shock or buff immunity. Its a draw back.
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Options
    Yea it does send them into stealth, aoes will still trigger the massive damage
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Which is interesting because they have stealth and taunt at the same time, deathmark gives them taunt.
    Probably something screwy because stealth and deathmark apply at same time. Kinda like b2 buff immunity and advantage for losing stealth will both be applied at same time.
  • Taramel
    601 posts Member
    Options
    Stealth removes the deathmark... I have used DT lots vs Zaul...it's applied and dropped on the same turn when he crits making it useless against Zaul teams.
  • johnne
    330 posts Member
    Options
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »

Which is interesting because they have stealth and taunt at the same time, deathmark gives them taunt.
    Probably something screwy because stealth and deathmark apply at same time. Kinda like b2 buff immunity and advantage for losing stealth will both be applied at same time.

It's a soft taunt. If my opponent has a taunt, I can't choose death mark over it.
    Taramel wrote: »
    Stealth removes the deathmark... I have used DT lots vs Zaul...it's applied and dropped on the same turn when he crits making it useless against Zaul teams.

I've seen death mark on sith under zaul. So it's not useless.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    scuba wrote: »

It's a soft taunt. If my opponent has a taunt, I can't choose death mark over it.
    Didn't know that was only going off of the mechanics which has the similar "gain taunt" as actual taunts.