Summer/Winter time - server sided error?

Hello all,
Like the most of you might have noticed, today it was that time again where we "loose" a hour and get it back in a couple of months...

To my Problem:
I played GoH since release, mostly because the "refresh times" could be perfectly integrated in my life. Then, when the first time we changed the time I noticed, the cooldowns etc. did not changed. Meaning, instead at 12am, I will get my bonus energy at 1am.

I tried playing with that for a while but because of the structure of my workday and my personal life, I was unable to play so I have fun.
Staying up till 12pm to check store for new drops and then go sleep? Fine for me.
Staying awake till 1am? Not fine. This goes on about my whole day. I miss 2 of 3 bonus energy because of that.
so i stopped playing GoH.

After time was set back, I came back and hoped the best... but once again, my energy pickup today was at 1pm...

So, will there be a fix coming or do they keep ignoring it?
I can understand, why it's not bound to phone time (GPS faker, setting phone time manually) but such a thing? That would have been possibly ok 10-15 years ago but these days? Oh c'mon :(

Please give me some good news guys...
I would hate to stop play again :(

Replies

• crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    *lose

The thing about the daily reset is that it's still reset in the morning. No need to stay up until 1 am, nor 12 am, or even 11 pm.
  • Jme83
    48 posts Member
    Options
    This issue has pee'ed me off majorly! But get this, my brothers game has adjusted to the change, so his refresh is still midnight, but mine is showing 1am. How does that work?
  • Options
    Third daylight savings time change in the game, each time people have complained and each time CG has said no they won't change.
  • jm21
    72 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    If I had a guess (semi educated guess but still a guess) it is because this game has specific servers people play on with the same times. To change those server's times it would likely have to restart the servers. Restarting all the servers has the chance of losing servers, errors etc. Plus people would complain about not being able to play for 2-4 hours/longer depending on how long it takes to restart.

Also it sounds like they are basing the rewards on server location time's, so they would have to do work arounds for that. Since the physical server's time changes, compared to other apps who do time based on your phone.
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    *lose

The thing about the daily reset is that it's still reset in the morning. No need to stay up until 1 am, nor 12 am, or even 11 pm.
    jm21 wrote: »
    If I had a guess (semi educated guess but still a guess) it is because this game has specific servers people play on with the same times. To change those server's times it would likely have to restart the servers. Restarting all the servers has the chance of losing servers, errors etc. Plus people would complain about not being able to play for 2-4 hours/longer depending on how long it takes to restart.

Also it sounds like they are basing the rewards on server location time's, so they would have to do work arounds for that. Since the physical server's time changes, compared to other apps who do time based on your phone.

Well, that would mean the local time on the server does not change. Which would be veeeery unlikly. I work in the IT Business and have never seen it before. Also the "restart time" would not that long / necessary. Since they dont update anything.

When first time playing the game (talked to some ppl) it notices which timezone you are AND which time it will be 12pm and so on. If you then move to another time-zone it stays that way. Thats OK i guess, like already mentioned GPS fakers etc.
    The funny thing is, if I would have started playing a week ago and with a second account now, we would have different cool downs.
    And srsly, it can't be that hard to implement in the regulary (minor)updates, when date > 26/03/2017 then all cooldowns - 1 hour.

I mean, every **** game out there even by no-name studios can do that. Why not they?
  • Options
    *lose

What do you mean, with "in the morning"? My daily reset was at 0:00 every day. Now it's at 1:00. my bonus energy is now available at 13:00 instead 12:00 and so on.
  • jm21
    72 posts Member
    Options
    King_Tami wrote: »
    *lose

jm21 wrote: »

Well, that would mean the local time on the server does not change. Which would be veeeery unlikly. I work in the IT Business and have never seen it before. Also the "restart time" would not that long / necessary. Since they dont update anything.

When first time playing the game (talked to some ppl) it notices which timezone you are AND which time it will be 12pm and so on. If you then move to another time-zone it stays that way. Thats OK i guess, like already mentioned GPS fakers etc.
    The funny thing is, if I would have started playing a week ago and with a second account now, we would have different cool downs.
    And srsly, it can't be that hard to implement in the regulary (minor)updates, when date > 26/03/2017 then all cooldowns - 1 hour.

I mean, every **** game out there even by no-name studios can do that. Why not they?

Understandable that other apps do it too, which has me thinking. And by the local time not changing I meant more that they would set it as UTC-12 always whether or not Day light savings time compared to the local time. Which is silly but I could easily see someone making that in code and not being able to change it now.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    King_Tami wrote: »
    *lose

What do you mean, with "in the morning"? My daily reset was at 0:00 every day. Now it's at 1:00. my bonus energy is now available at 13:00 instead 12:00 and so on.

Ok, I reread your post...but your response contradicts it? When are you getting bonus energy? 13:00 or 1:00 am?

If your reset happens at 1:00 am, go to bed before that. Wake up the next day, and it will still be reset. If your noon bonus energy is actually happening at 1:00 am, you have maybe moved halfway around the world since starting, in which case it seems that EA is unwilling to help you.
  • Xioborg
    405 posts Member
    Options
    The reset time is static (think UTC), as you enter and leave summer time, if your country changes the time by +/- one hour then your payouts 'shift' relative to the static time. So a payout is say 6pm in Winter and then 7pm in Summer as your country moves to 'summer time', whereas your 'static' payout hasn't. So when you wake up on a Sunday morning and push the clocks forward / back, your payout time will shift.

Xio