How do you counter Zylo and Zavage?

I use
Rex (L)
TFP
B2
Boba
Shore

all maxed out etc.

I am stuck in the top 40 now, (use to be 10-20) because every team that has a zeta'd kylo or savage seems unbeatable. I will destroy a whole team without losing anyone, then when kylo or savage is left, they will literally wipe my entire team and still have 100% protection or health . WAI?

Replies

• Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    Ability block him with TFP imo
  • vessaharja
    585 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Switch B2 to EP. I tried that combo and found that having only Bobby Smits and TFP dealing damage is not enough. You simply do not put out enough force to take the opposing team down.

And even with that done, you have to most likely simply forget about zavage and zylo teams. Baze would be great instead of shore. Makes a HUGE difference. The only way you will beat zaul/zylo/zavage teams with your setup is if you have extremely good speed mods.

I'm changing that exact setup to a zaul+nilly because I simply can't beat the fast zaul+nilly teams with my 215 speed fat rex.
  • Options
    vessaharja wrote: »
    Switch B2 to EP. I tried that combo and found that having only Bobby Smits and TFP dealing damage is not enough. You simply do not put out enough force to take the opposing team down.

Bobby Smits is Boba Fett?
  • Options
    Olga wrote: »
    Ability block him with TFP imo

That seems to be the logical response, but not quite a counter, and doesn't quite work.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I don't really struggle with Kylo too much, he tends to be pretty slow. I guess it depends what debuffs you have available, but using something like EP, TFP, Dooku or maybe RG, you get plenty of stuns, shock, ability block. You just have to be careful to make sure he is always debuffed and then you can leave him till last. Maybe other have had different experiences, it's different for every squad.
  • vessaharja
    585 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    ^^ of course
    ^TFP alone makes little difference as you need hobo Bobby to put out abi blocks as well

Zylo+Zavage combined is a very hard team to beat with what you have. You need to evolve and get on the sith methamphetamine train.

• Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Don't leave Zavage until last. beat on him a little bit early, get some debuffs on him. When he steals the debuffs from the others, hit him with someone else to trigger his buffs, then execute him with Boba Fett.

As for Zylo, get Healing Immunity on your team somewhere.
  • Options
    I actually leave a zavage to last if there is no zylo and then execute. This way I can dispel baze with Bobby at the beginning and will have execute ready at zavage.
  • Options
    I guess my statement wasn't quite clear. He would definitely be near the end of my kill order, but I wouldn't just leave him alone until then. I'd make sure to target him occasionally to stack debuffs on him, and when the stack got big enough is when I would take him out.
  • xdecide
    114 posts Member
    Options
    Boba counters Zavage easily.
    Healing immunity, ability block, stun to counter zylo

The AI is plain stupid with zylo so dont bother with him too much in the beginning
  • Athena
    59 posts Member
    Options
    I've had zylo 1v5 my zaul team a few times because Daze ab and shock don't stick. Need to check the guys mods and his tenacity but if you can't block his skills or protection regain you are done
  • Options
    Only times I have ever beaten zSavage were with two Executes after he has absorbed debuffs from other Sith. He is also killed as quickly as possible. Leaving him till the end is no good.

Kylo is less trouble but still a royal pain. He is also better killed early but I can 2-3 v 1 him more successfully than Zavage.

He needs to be ability blocked. If he starts using outrage I'm done for.

Tenacity up is also really helpful to keep his healing immunity and Zavage's offense down (which nueters Boba's execute).

I also run Boba lead rather than Rex lead as he hits harder against them.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    DN is lots of fun to instakill those big boys.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Some changes I made my rex lead to help. Jka healing immunity and buff immunity can help.

A more recent change I just made is switching nihilus (4*) for boba. I don't need to use anihilate on kylo as much, more for dooku, savage,maul, zarriss, even chirrut at times. Works better all around then execute, but zavage should fall prey to execute too, just have to time it well.

Rex (L),jka, zarriss, gk, nihilus. Doesn't always hold top 10 over night, but there are few teams I can't beat even with bad rng.
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    Kylo is easier to counter than savage. With Kylo you must ability block, heal immunity and don't put to many dots on him. He isn't to hard as he doesn't game tm like savage.
    Now with savage it gets rough. Putting debuffs on him won't work because if you crit than he cleanses everything. Wiggs can take out savage. I usually annihilate him with Nihilus. when it's savage vs your team. He will start to get a bunch of hots because every time you hit him, he gets a 2 turn hot. Stack his hots and use Vader or boba to 1shot him. Also if you apply a lot of debuffs at start of game. Savage will take them and can possibly have a lot of buffs mid game for you to take him out with Vader or boba
  • Options
    Jetlife wrote: »
    Kylo is easier to counter than savage. With Kylo you must ability block, heal immunity and don't put to many dots on him. He isn't to hard as he doesn't game tm like savage.
    Now with savage it gets rough. Putting debuffs on him won't work because if you crit than he cleanses everything. Wiggs can take out savage. I usually annihilate him with Nihilus. when it's savage vs your team. He will start to get a bunch of hots because every time you hit him, he gets a 2 turn hot. Stack his hots and use Vader or boba to 1shot him. Also if you apply a lot of debuffs at start of game. Savage will take them and can possibly have a lot of buffs mid game for you to take him out with Vader or boba

Sound advice. Thank you
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Faced a team like this at node 6 in GW today. First team, Zader fails and fails but I survived to retreat. Subbed in Daka for TFP, only EP gets hit and it was a glancing blow. Stun is your friend and zylo/zavage's bane.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    Shore and B2 are your weak links, neither are that effective against teams using those characters. Try using EP instead. JKA or DN could also be good additions to your team over those two.