Help out a player after a long break please

Daprosy
90 posts Member
edited March 2017
Hi, just started playing again and need some focus on who to gear and get shards for.
https://swgoh.gg/u/daprosy/
Working on Boba and I have palp at 6 stars but will he be too squishy?
I'm loving the new kylo rework so was thinking...
Palp (L), Boba, Kylo, ST Han, fives or phasma or Rey or someone else.
Currently: Phasma (L), Rey, Kylo, ST Han, Fives
Who would you take out for Boba and Palp?
Don't have to be challenging for top but just not sure what arena team would be good for me with the toons I have. Slowly working on Rex but he won't be ready for ages.

Thanks all
Post edited by Daprosy on

Replies

• Daprosy
    90 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Edit: double post sorry
    Post edited by Daprosy on
  • Options
    Only thing I might do right now, based on what you have, is replace Fives with QGJ. No dispeller is gonna make some battles rough, and I like Fives. But not having someone that can dispell sucks.

I've taken a liking to Phasma, but I run Boba as lead simply because I've never had much luck with Phasma lead in any aspect of the game. I do alright with her in AAT Raid sometimes, but still don't get many assists. Plus, the extra 50% Crit Damage from Boba's lead is really nice when everyone is hitting with Advantage. I've had Boba do 15k damage on Execute with Advantage.

When you get Boba up to snuff, I'd probably leave Fives in and take Rey out. She just dies to easily, and I used her for a while in Arena. Was nervous to take her out, but I don't miss her anymore.
  • Options
    I used Rey for so long in arena and grinded her hard nodes to unlock...Will be a sad day if I take her out haha. Sometimes I put in QGJ when attacking in case Kylos stun doesn't work. What team do you use out of curiosity. Thanks for the reply dude
  • Options
    You can zeta Rey to keep her more viable at some point
  • Options
    Daprosy wrote: »
    I used Rey for so long in arena and grinded her hard nodes to unlock...Will be a sad day if I take her out haha. Sometimes I put in QGJ when attacking in case Kylos stun doesn't work. What team do you use out of curiosity. Thanks for the reply dude

Boba (L) 7* G9, lvl 77
    Phasma 7* G8, lvl 76
    ST Han 7* G9, lvl 77
    Kylo 6* G9, lvl 75
    Nihilus 4* G8, lvl 72

This team got me all the way up to #13 in arena a few days ago, and I hover in the 20s to 30s most days. Speed is my worst enemy. Boba is my fastest toon at 170. The strategy wins me more battles than anything else. Kylo and Boba are straight beasts though, and have beaten 4 on 2s before.

My previous arena team, before I started switching in the parts for this one, was Boba (L), ST Han, Fives, Rey, and Geo Soldier. It worked, but not near as well as this one does.

My struggle now is deciding if, when, and for who do I want to put Maul in for. Lots of rebels on my shard still, and he is so effective against them I hate leaving him out, but every piece I have in now plays an important role. Nihilus may eventually be the one that comes out, but he's like having a second Boba. I don't even use Execute on St Han, Shoretrooper, or Baze to clear taunts because Nihilus does it on his basic, which is very handy.
  • Options
    Nice team...I think I will use a similar one but with Palp instead of Nihilus, do you have him unlocked? You tried with any other chars in the 5th spot?

I was adjusting my mods today trying to figure out the best speeds for Kylo, ST Han and Phasma but I can't find the ideal combo...using this till I get boba involved:
    Rey (190), kylo stun (171), ST Han taunt (170), QGJ and Phasma Adv...then Kylo AOE and Han getting hit should give my whole team another turn pretty quick.

Either that or make Han super quick if you can't spread speed mods I think. I didn't want to drop fives but I can't see him making it back in. I think boba is a better replacement for QGJ and Palp will be better than Rey.

Glad I have a plan...thanks for your help dude.
  • Inyan_Soi_Leau
    430 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I don't, and I haven't. Nihilus is almost indispensible to me right now. I look at the team like a toolbox. Nihilus is that 3-1 tool. He dispells on basic, increases cooldowns on Force Drain (basically an ability block), and can instantly defeat any enemy on Annihilate. The first two are handy against anyone; the third is INVALUABLE against Dooku under a Nihilus lead.

Until I feel confident that I can beat a Nihilus lead with Dooku WITHOUT Nihilus as my 5th, that isn't changing. Those Nihilus leads are an easy jump in rank in arena with my squad.

As for your speed issue, as long as you can get ST Han's taunt off before your opponent gets off too many attacks, you should be alright. Rey is a glass cannon, so you need to protect her, and Phasma for that matter. Neither has great health or protection. Whenever I fail to get my taunt off early enough, Phasma is normally gone before I can.
  • Options
    Just an example of how beneficial Boba can be to this team...Facing a Wiggs/Chaze, they had already killed Boba once. Baze is on taunt, so I can't target anyone else. I keep PURPOSELY hitting AoE's to trigger Chirrut's attacks on my taunting ST Han. At one point, Chirrut has maybe a dozen HoTs, and a few debuffs. I clear Baze's taunt, hit Victory March for Advantage, then hit Chirrut with Execute. Boba did somewhere around 34k damage. Chirrut beat himself with his heal over time. This is why I LOVE facing Chirrut teams now. He's Boba fodder.

Later hit Biggs (with near 16k health) with Execute. I had Advantage again, and he had only 4 buffs/debuffs. Dealt almost 17k and killed him to win the battle.

With Boba as lead, he is dealing another 50% Crit Damage, meaning there aren't many toons safe from a one-shot with Execute.