Chirrut Îmwe's Unique is persisting through death.

War
932 posts Member
edited March 2017
Did a battle against a Chaze team and was surprised when Baze would counter without Retribution. Turns out Chirrut has a unique that grants himself and Baze counter chance. But I had previously killed Chirrut and unique abilities are not supposed to persist through death.

I think this one has been flagged before, but when my DT would Daze a target, they counter attack anyway. They stop countering attacks afterwards, but they shouldn't be countering the initial attack that inflicts Daze either.
Post edited by War on

Replies

• Options
    War wrote: »
    Did a battle against a Chaze team and was surprised when Baze would counter without Retribution. Turns out Chirrut has a unique that grants himself and Baze counter chance. But I had previously killed Chirrut and unique abilities are not supposed to persist through death.

I think this one has been flagged before, but when my DT would Daze a target, they counter attack anyway. They stop countering attacks afterwards, but they shouldn't be countering the initial attack that inflicts Daze either.

Barris's zeta was edited to be disabled upon death, shouldnt Chirrut's uniques have the same "upon death" limitation?
    @CG_Kozispoon
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

My guess is the daze happened on the bonus move not the first move, or he probably would have been stunned, so a counter was qued for the first attack before he was dazed. Only a guess.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »

My guess is the daze happened on the bonus move not the first move, or he probably would have been stunned, so a counter was qued for the first attack before he was dazed. Only a guess.

This wasn't on a Rebel. I've seen this happen with Dooku and Fives in GW more than a Rebel like Baze. Seeing as they're usually stunned on the second hit.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options

This wasn't on a Rebel. I've seen this happen with Dooku and Fives in GW more than a Rebel like Baze. Seeing as they're usually stunned on the second hit.

I'm pretty sure I have successfully applied Daze to Dooku with DT in GW which prevented the same-attack counter on several occasions.

As for the Chirfut unique, yes, this has been brought up before, and it is the same as with Biggs and Wedge. I think they did say they were investigating Wiggs in a bugs bin update, but don't know if this was flagged for review yet.
  • Options
    I'm not sure about the Daze issue. I used DT pretty extensively as well as DM, and since they debugged Maul I've never seen a counter attack from anybody when Daze was applied. I've seen Daze resisted and counter but never once it was applied. Try and record a battle so we can see what's happening if you can.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    crzydroid wrote: »

I'm pretty sure I have successfully applied Daze to Dooku with DT in GW which prevented the same-attack counter on several occasions.

As for the Chirfut unique, yes, this has been brought up before, and it is the same as with Biggs and Wedge. I think they did say they were investigating Wiggs in a bugs bin update, but don't know if this was flagged for review yet.

Maybe it was just Fives then, I know for sure he's countered when Dazed. Unless it has something to with Krennic's Death Trooper Assault? The most vivid example in my memory is using Krennic's AoE on Fives, so DT would daze him and stop his counters. It worked, but Fives countered Krennic anyway.

Actually, should Fives have countered Krennic at all? Pretending Fives wasn't Dazed by the attack, should Fives have countered Krennic or DT in that example?
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

Maybe it was just Fives then, I know for sure he's countered when Dazed. Unless it has something to with Krennic's Death Trooper Assault? The most vivid example in my memory is using Krennic's AoE on Fives, so DT would daze him and stop his counters. It worked, but Fives countered Krennic anyway.

Actually, should Fives have countered Krennic at all? Pretending Fives wasn't Dazed by the attack, should Fives have countered Krennic or DT in that example?

the counter goes to the person that called the attack if they attacked during that turn and no one is taunting.

Could be similar to as I mentioned above.
    Krenninc attacked first so the counter was qued up vs krennis then deathtrooper asssited and applied daze but since the counter attack was already qued it still happened. basically daze changed the counter rating after the attack that would have triggered it.

Definitly a new scenario since DT is the first to apply daze with basic. I don't have either of them ready enough to test but you could try it out in GW with some tests. Someone is always running 5's or dooku.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options

the counter goes to the person that called the attack if they attacked during that turn and no one is taunting.

Krenninc attacked first so the counter was qued up vs krennis then deathtrooper asssited and applied daze but since the counter attack was already qued it still happened. basically daze changed the counter rating after the attack that would have triggered it.

Definitly a new scenario since DT is the first to apply daze with basic. I don't have either of them ready enough to test but you could try it out in GW with some tests. Someone is always running 5's or dooku.

Might be working as intended then.
  • Options

Yup, Krennic generated the attack first so 5's counters him. Daze is definitely working as intended for Maul and Deathtrooper. Especially since EA fixed Maul's Daze ability, I have not seen a counter attack or TM gain (Rex / Biggs) since then after being Dazed.

However, the other point of Chirrut's unique persisting through the death is a very valid issue. EA has addressed this with other characters and made an adjustment to Barris back in January, so I think this is a very legitimate question.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

Yup, Krennic generated the attack first so 5's counters him. Daze is definitely working as intended for Maul and Deathtrooper. Especially since EA fixed Maul's Daze ability, I have not seen a counter attack or TM gain (Rex / Biggs) since then after being Dazed.

However, the other point of Chirrut's unique persisting through the death is a very valid issue. EA has addressed this with other characters and made an adjustment to Barris back in January, so I think this is a very legitimate question.

Agreed.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Oh agree then. Daze works if it's just DT. In fact, someone just posted a thread about how if the initial attack stuns a character, they can dodge the counter. So I think the negative effects get applied after in game logic, even if the UI shows it before the animations complete.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    Oh agree then. Daze works if it's just DT. In fact, someone just posted a thread about how if the initial attack stuns a character, they can dodge the counter. So I think the negative effects get applied after in game logic, even if the UI shows it before the animations complete.

Changed title to reflect the Daze issue is working as intended. Chirrut's Unique persisting through death is a real bug though.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Changed title to reflect the Daze issue is working as intended. Chirrut's Unique persisting through death is a real bug though.

This has been acknowledged to be investigated in another thread and is in the bugs bin as of 1/25/17. Maybe one day we will get an update if it is wai or bugged.
  • Options
    In the movie when Chrirrut dies Baze goes psycho and deals as much "retribution" to the enemy before he dies. I'd say WAI (In fact its when Chirrut dies that sets him off)
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    SamoBudo wrote: »
    In the movie when Chrirrut dies Baze goes psycho and deals as much "retribution" to the enemy before he dies. I'd say WAI (In fact its when Chirrut dies that sets him off)

Yeah but this a game that has set mechanics, not a movie that can go in any direction it wants. That said if they wanted to be accurate to the movie, they could have it so he only has the effects after Chirrut dies, lol.