Leader Stagger afflict ability would rock!

SnakesOnAPlane
4363 posts Member
edited March 2017
Make it a Zeta. Allow Leader the chance to grant allies the ability of inflicting Stagger on enemies. Brang it!
SnakesOnAPlane
Post edited by SnakesOnAPlane on

Replies

• Options
    Give it to CUP
    Broncos Forever in the game
    666-716-133
  • Options
    JKG!
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    mob enforcer
    https://swgoh.gg/u/wolffe/

I 7* FOTP without using any energy refreshes, get on my level
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Options
    making stagger re-apply after it ends as a leader ability is broken...
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Allenb60 wrote: »

What all else do you feel is broken in this game?

Even so, allowing a leader to grant Stagger chance to allies to inflict on enemies would be an easy negate to the speed meta and TM boosts.
    Post edited by SnakesOnAPlane on
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    Even so, allowing a leader to grant Stagger chance to allies would be an easy negate to the speed meta and TM boosts.

I think it would be the opposite. You'd want TM gain / Speed as high as possible to get back the lost turn meter.

A Daze leader ability would be the best (currently available ingame) ability to toss on a leadership to counteract TM gains.

Another interesting idea would be for a leader ability (or debuff) that inverts TM gains. So if your Phasma VM while that effect is in play, your toons lose 50% turn meter.
  • Options
    Kaerindal wrote: »
    Even so, allowing a leader to grant Stagger chance to allies would be an easy negate to the speed meta and TM boosts.

I think it would be the opposite. You'd want TM gain / Speed as high as possible to get back the lost turn meter.

A Daze leader ability would be the best (currently available ingame) ability to toss on a leadership to counteract TM gains.

Another interesting idea would be for a leader ability (or debuff) that inverts TM gains. So if your Phasma VM while that effect is in play, your toons lose 50% turn meter.

Stagger: Loses 100% TM if damages by attacks.

You may have mistook me. The leader would grant a chance for allies to inflict Stagger on enemies.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Options
    um.

stagger means the lose all TM when hit.

why would stagger help you?
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Supercat wrote: »
    um.

stagger means the lose all TM when hit.

why would stagger help you?

You really don't see how this would help? It would drastically lower the enemies chance of attack. A 1-turn stun, if you will.

Edit: See my post just above yours. I made updates to my original posts to clarify my intent.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    I think that sounds cool, leader abilities are becoming more interactive now, I don't see why putting stagger in there is a bad idea. I think it would have to be under specific conditions though, not just blind chance. Blind chance would remove the strategy behind stagger and lead to people just trying to speed up their teams and hoping to stagger before the enemy (like Zader + TFP), but if it required a little bit of set up it would be great, effective, and able to stop speed ruling everything.
  • Kivoku
    190 posts Member
    Options
    What about stagger whenever a detonator goes off? Can't imagine not being staggered if an explosive goes off on you. Could help out Jawas/BH/Scoundrels in Arena, if they make bombs uncleansable.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Even so, allowing a leader to grant Stagger chance to allies to inflict on enemies would be an easy negate to the speed meta and TM boosts.

Except that isn't what you originally suggested. Anyways that might be cool as a zeta for Grevious or Tarkin
  • Options

You may have mistook me. The leader would grant a chance for allies to inflict Stagger on enemies.

No, I understood you fine. But being hit while Staggered, and thus losing your entire TM, affects slow character far more than anyone else.

Anyone with high speed is more likely to get a turn off before being hit again, even more-so if they can give their team TM via someone like Phasma.

While someone with low speed can be safely ignored for most of the stagger duration and then hit right before they would get a turn, requiring them to wait even longer.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Kaerindal wrote: »

No, I understood you fine. But being hit while Staggered, and thus losing your entire TM, affects slow character far more than anyone else.

Anyone with high speed is more likely to get a turn off before being hit again, even more-so if they can give their team TM via someone like Phasma.

While someone with low speed can be safely ignored for most of the stagger duration and then hit right before they would get a turn, requiring them to wait even longer.

Could always have it be applied to the "Fastest" character on the enemy team. Just like Hera can expose the "Healthiest" character.
  • Bt_7274
    357 posts Member
    Options
    What about something like this for a reworked general veers!this is zeta:
    Empire allies gain 30% offense,whenever they damage an emeny unit they have a 70% chance to inflict stagger for 1-2 turns,whener a staggered enemy is damaged by an attack tempire allies gain 25% turn meter and advantage for 1 turn
    discord:Darth Woodman#6467,looking for shardmates:Warrior ìN,skirge2000,GlideX,erykgx,harunalp,TDB,Kiwida,dyloot,pm me on discord plz
  • Options

Except that isn't what you originally suggested. Anyways that might be cool as a zeta for Grevious or Tarkin

So you mistook my intent. Gotya. Glad I cleared that up.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    It'd be an interesting leader mechanic. Wouldn't mind seeing it.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Options

what else could you have meant by "make it like vader's lead"?
  • Options

I need to read more (re referring to my original thread post). I've since changed that up in my original post, as you know. But I have no problem with it reapplying. If you kill the leader that stops.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

I need to read more (re referring to my original thread post). I've since changed that up in my original post, as you know. But I have no problem with it reapplying. If you kill the leader that stops.

You wouldn't kill the leader if it kept reapplying though ;) You wouldn't move....
  • Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

You wouldn't kill the leader if it kept reapplying though ;) You wouldn't move....

Exactly my point! Speed meta over! :D

But hence why I changed my original post now.
    SnakesOnAPlane