Invincible General Kenobi

Why have the developers felt the need to create a character who is almost invincible? Not only is he unbeatable, so is any squad he is in! He turns up at the final stage of GW every day. Utter waste of time battling any squad with him in it.

Replies

• Options
    Lolwhut?
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I can beat him. GW isn't made to be done with only one squad.

Questions..

1. Do you have more than one geared and leveled (85) teams?
    2. Do you load TM on other teams.
    3. If answers to 1 & 2 are (one) and (no) then you need to farm more toons.

Also Mods, mods, mods. 2* mods won't cut it. You need 5* mods with good secondaries (Speed beig one of them)
  • Options
    He was the most badass character in the whole series so I think he deserves some love. Also he is very hard to obtain. There are counters to him as well
  • Options
    Yogi wrote: »

Questions..

Also Mods, mods, mods. 2* mods won't cut it. You need 5* mods with good secondaries (Speed beig one of them)

I have loads of squads that are all 7* level 85s with level 5 mods. What do you mean by TM?
  • Options
    He was the most badass character in the whole series so I think he deserves some love. Also he is very hard to obtain. There are counters to him as well

Like what counters?
  • Options

Questions..

I guess I have been doing it wrong lol. I almost always beat gw with 1 squad.
  • Options

Like what counters?

I like to use a sith team with nihilus lead for any combo of Rex, Gk, chaze, zarris. Not hitting the opponents with crits takes away almost everything that makes them great.
  • Options
    6The6Bull6 wrote: »

Questions..

I guess I have been doing it wrong lol. I almost always beat gw with 1 squad.

I used to. Until General Kenobi turned up. **** take.
  • Options
    6The6Bull6 wrote: »

Like what counters?

I like to use a sith team with nihilus lead for any combo of Rex, Gk, chaze, zarris. Not hitting the opponents with crits takes away almost everything that makes them great.

Unfortunately, I have none of them trained up
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Options
    Maul eats gk pretty quickly...
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Options
    Of course GW is not meant to be completed with one squad. But if you burn through your A teams getting to the end, only to face an invincible Kenobi Chaze Barriss team with multiple zetas, there's nothing you can do. Nodes 6/9/11 ate up your useful teams and there's nothing left in the end.

I was getting a handle on GW until the easy node 12 vanished for me, and now I'm getting uber-teams on 9/11/12. Getting rough.
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Options
    You could get into a guild that has heroic rancor on farm, many are recruiting with the only thing you have to do is to contribute 600 energy. Also, zetas are the name of the game. If you don't have zetas or GK, it's going to be extremely tough to beat them even if you do have loaded tm.
  • Options

Questions..

I can beat him with maul and nihilus duo ahah
  • Options
    GK is actually really easy to beat. One of the best ways to stop him is Zeta Kylo. With all of GK's taunts, it tends to work out well if you can slap healing immunity on him. Even if you put him in a softer hitting squad like Zarris, Chaze, GK and zKylo the 2k to 10k damages to GK add up. Sure he will cleanse or with Cherrut he will get cleansed but often he is the first to die. You can also do some sort of combo with vader, ep and sid, load up the dots and use Vaders special or have Bobba do his thing. Again eventually he dies.
  • Options
    Easiest way I've found is to use boba, ani, b2 and tfp. Put palp in as well for stun. You can leave him until last if manage to ability block him and give him buff immunity. Then b2 is the fail safe. If you don't have all of those then just stick the ones in you do have
    Dc - RoF
  • Options
    Also you don't need any zetas for that line up. I generally use boba lead, wiggs, tfp and palp and can usually get through with only them. If there's a hard gk/chaze squad then I use the one I said before - boba lead, or palp lead if the debuffs from palp and tfp arnt sticking
    Dc - RoF
  • Options
    It all comes down to speed and depends if they have those mods. With enough speed he buffs the entire team with 5 buffs right at the start and it's insanity. There is a combo using him that annihilates anything thrown against it, but it all comes down to speed everytime. Foresight is a stupid buff that doesn't help any either, if they get foresight and he gives it to everyone... forget about it. I'm actually kinda glad light side has Kenobi because Palpatine is completely stupid mode and been OP since the outset. I run pure sith team btw... so the palpatine opinion is just a statement of reality. Mass stun should be two max, or some other debuff. Would make speed less of a factor. But anyway... until they address always adding zero strategy toons... I'll grit my teeth and deal with having to face kenobi.
  • Options
    @DEATHCOYOTE I get what you're saying, but unless he's in the right team Palp isn't OP. With the squad I mentioned before he's usually dead from the aoe's so never have to focus on him. Or you at least get Tenacity up so he's pointless. Usual kill order for a zmaul team is maul then nihilus. Then it's game over. Gk, assassin and palp are auto. Or Vader. Rex completely negates vader's usage.

But back to Gk - try those guys @Valley8commando
    Dc - RoF
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Shock, buff immunity, B2, baze, a kenobi of your own, maul